• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way Too Early Trade Ideas

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice there are many in the Mariners camp with their fingers hovering above the "panic" button. The Mariners have a good team on paper and it's safe to say the team is underachieving. Tiajuan Walker is on the hill tonight and so far, walks have been killing him. He and James Paxton need to take a step back and believe in the stuff they have, because they have good stuff. Hopefully when Iwakuma comes back, he'll be back to his old self. As much as I hate the saying, "It's only April," that statement means it's still early in the season.

Problem is, the walks have been killing Walker for a while now. Doesn't really seem to be improving all that much. I've got more faith in Paxton personally.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The Brew Crew should start by dangling impending free agents Kyle Lohse and Aramis Ramirez. Then they should see if the Padres or Mets will overpay for Jean Segura and if Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik would be interested in reuniting with Ryan Braun,” says Bowden. “The only three players the Brewers should not consider dealing are Wily Peralta, Carlos Gomez and Lucroy.”

-------------

I was waiting for this stuff to start.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will the Mariners react to their shaky rotation?
Before the season began, the Mariners were the popular pick by many to represent the AL in the 2015 World Series, but are just 11-15. The ERA of the starting rotation thus far is 4.26, which ranks as the 8th worst in MLB. Felix Hernandez has been his usual dominant self, but the pitchers behind him have been a huge disappointment. Hisashi Iwakuma is giving up HR's at a prolific rate of 2.79 per nine innings; Taijuan Walker is struggling mightily after a spring training in which he allowed just two earned runs across 27 innings; and James Paxton has been a mixed bag thus far.

While Seattle lacks a lot of depth in their farm system, they still have some attractive prospects in Alex Jackson, D.J. Peterson, and Ketel Marte. As the Mariners haven't yet been officially linked to Hamels, it's purely speculative on what they'd be willing to give up, but Walker might not be off the table. It was reported last year that the relationship between himself and the Mariners may have soured, and with his struggles, may find himself as trade bait for a potential blockbuster.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN came out with a 'The 20 players most likely to be traded' article. They list a 'Teams Interested' title for each player.

Here is who they have M's attached to:

Wilin Rosario
Jackie Bradley Jr.
Ben Revere
Carlos Gonzalez
Carlos Santana
Matt Garza

Revere would be a nice fit. Good CF and lots of speed.

Santana would be the most interesting choice. He would have to play 1B so not sure what you would do with LoMo..did I really ask that? They stated that Santana has lead the league in walks since start of 2014 season.

I prefer Cueto or Kazmir over Garza who are listed but not associated with M's.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player they say M's are Best Fit for:

Wilin Rosario, C/OF
Colorado Rockies
Trade likeliness rating: 3
Best fit: Mariners

Interested teams: Angels, Mariners, Rays

Rosario still has great power; the problem is finding a position for him. A trade to an American League team would help him, and the Mariners would be a solid fit. He could play some first base and left field there, with some occasional DH time, and act as the third catcher. His power is for real.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting list. I like Revere a lot, I think he would fit well with what the team has currently. Probably slot in the lead off followed by Miller I would like the look of that 1-2.

But I think you are right AZ Carlos Santana would be a nice. Huge OBP guy would like to see what that does to the offense.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting list. I like Revere a lot, I think he would fit well with what the team has currently. Probably slot in the lead off followed by Miller I would like the look of that 1-2.

But I think you are right AZ Carlos Santana would be a nice. Huge OBP guy would like to see what that does to the offense.

Revere then Miller with Cano (after he pulls his head out of his ass), Cruz, and Seager would be a nice start. I think he is above average CF as well but not 100% sure.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Revere was ranked 11th in DefWAR with a -4.4. Compared to Jackson who was ranked 16th at -6.3 Carlos Gomez was 4th at 7.8.

I still think Revere (27) would be an upgrade depending on price to acquire. $4.1M this year ARB eligible the next 2 seasons then free agent in 2018. 145 SB's over last 4 full seasons (36 per year ave.)

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Revere was ranked 11th in DefWAR with a -4.4. Compared to Jackson who was ranked 16th at -6.3 Carlos Gomez was 4th at 7.8.

I still think Revere (27) would be an upgrade depending on price to acquire. $4.1M this year ARB eligible the next 2 seasons then free agent in 2018. 145 SB's over last 4 full seasons (36 per year ave.)
I think he would be an upgrade too. The styles of offensive make it worth it to me. The K rates on this team drive me crazy and Jackson is one of them. Jackson is going to be around 25% year in and year out. Revere is consistently under 10%. He is a true leadoff hitter be nice to have that type of guy on this type of team I think it makes the offense much more effective.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be an upgrade too. The styles of offensive make it worth it to me. The K rates on this team drive me crazy and Jackson is one of them. Jackson is going to be around 25% year in and year out. Revere is consistently under 10%. He is a true leadoff hitter be nice to have that type of guy on this type of team I think it makes the offense much more effective.

Agreed. High K rates are the death of MLB teams. An empty AB and rally killers.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player they say M's are Best Fit for:

Wilin Rosario, C/OF
Colorado Rockies
Trade likeliness rating: 3
Best fit: Mariners

Interested teams: Angels, Mariners, Rays

Rosario still has great power; the problem is finding a position for him. A trade to an American League team would help him, and the Mariners would be a solid fit. He could play some first base and left field there, with some occasional DH time, and act as the third catcher. His power is for real.

With Rockies players I have been subconsciously trained to look at the home/road splits. He's .391/.471/.609 at Coors and .242/.242./.455 on the road.
Small sample size yes but last year it was .343/.387/.540 at Coors and .185/.212/.321 on the road.
Granted he would still make this roster better no doubt. Especially if he is replacing a Weeks or Bloomquist.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I quiver every time I hear a rumor about us getting a Rockie. I know that not every player will stink when they leave Colorado, but they still all scare me. Again, if the price is right I would still take a flyer on him. I wouldn't trade a top 10 prospect. Farquhar would be fine.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN came out with a 'The 20 players most likely to be traded' article. They list a 'Teams Interested' title for each player.

Wilin Rosario
Jackie Bradley Jr.
Ben Revere
Carlos Gonzalez
Carlos Santana
Matt Garza

Santana would be the most interesting choice. He would have to play 1B so not sure what you would do with LoMo..did I really ask that? They stated that Santana has lead the league in walks since start of 2014 season.

Wilin Rosario: Career .308/.348/.542 hitter in Colorado. .242/.265/.426 on the road. I'm not opposed to trading for hitters who play in hitters parks, but if they have splits like that, stay away.

Jackie Bradley Jr: The word "garbage" does not accurately describe how bad he is. The fact that the Mariners were connected to him on MLBTR really worries me. The last thing we need is another prospect who can't hit in the majors. He's solid defensively, but he would be by far the worst hitter on the team. I'd rather take Austin Jackson's mediocre bat and average fielding over Jackie Bradley's terrible bat and good fielding.

Ben Revere: He's an interesting option. I doubt it would take much to land him. He's not exactly a great player, but he could be an option if Jackson keeps sucking.

Carlos Gonzalez: His BA in Colorado is almost 70 points higher in Coors Field than on the road. Pass.

Carlos Santana: Interesting option, underrated player. You look at his BA and think he's mediocre, but his OBP is really high and he drives in a good amount of runs. He's also extremely versatile, he can play C, 1B and 3B if necessary. I would be interested in him.

Matt Garza: Great track record from 2007-2014 (3.74 ERA in 209 starts), but he's sucking ass this year. Don't go after him if there is anything in his film that says he's declining.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Revere: He's an interesting option. I doubt it would take much to land him. He's not exactly a great player, but he could be an option if Jackson keeps sucking.

.289 career hitter with 154 career SB's in basically 4 totaled years. Not bad in my book.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the philly market...revere would be a huge upgrade over Jackson at lead off and center field. He would also bring a speed and excitement element we haven't had since jones was sent back down.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilin Rosario
Jackie Bradley Jr.
Ben Revere
Carlos Gonzalez
Carlos Santana
Matt Garza

Hmmm... Interesting... Revere is definitely intriguing to me... He'd be a great lead off hitter... The thing this team lacks the most is speed on the bases... We need a player that can actually steal bases on a consistent basis... Having that threat on the base path will force pitchers into more mistakes w/ their pitches...

Revere
Miller
Cano
Cruz
Seager
LoMo
Smith
Zunino
Taylor

Having the opportunity to put Smith at the bottom of the order would help with these dang rally killers at the bottom of the order...