• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way Too Early Thread: Which Last Place Team Makes the Playoffs in 2016?

Any of these teams make the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of this post seems to be addressing things I never even mentioned. I'm not talking about the Saints players, I'm talking about their salary cap mess. So maybe Brees restructures, and that saves you a little space right now, but then you're only pushing your problems further down the road. Frankly they'd probably be better off cutting Brees which would save them $20 million against the cap.

Browner has a cap hit next year of $6.3 million, but if you release him he's got a dead cap hit of $5.35 million, so releasing him doesn't even save the Saints $1 million.

The Saints are going to have to do some serious chopping just to have enough cap room to sign their draft picks. That could mean guys like Colston ($3.2 million savings), Unger ($4.5 million savings), and Hawthorne ($2.25 million savings) are going to either have to renegotiate or get cut (those are the highest paid guys with only one year left, excluding Brees).

Like I said, their best move is probably just moving on from Brees and starting the rebuild, but I doubt they do that.

Of course they aren't gonna do that. The minute Payton stayed was the minute Brees stayed. And if we lost Brees we would take a long time to get back to what we were. Brees can take a pay cut if he has to. He's already said he would be open to it. Pushing problems down the road yes, because without Brees we will be screwed anyway for a couple years so yes they are pushing the inevitable because we are wanting one last run with Brees. There's also Byrd who has done nothing who could go. And Colston might also end up going. Most players unless studs are not even paid a million. Someone like Curry, Barron(complimentary players) will not cost much. And you probably did not know that Kikhaha did not play many snaps under Allen to limit game film awareness. Those rookie defenders will be even better next season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler isn't a proven winner when it matters. And it is true, most NFL fans do not like him. You guys have defended him every year and it's no wonder why most people can't stand bears fans. What cap space makes a difference? Cutler couldn't spread the ball around when he had Marshall and Jeffery and Marshall showed last season he was still good. You think it will work this time because of some mental coaching? I'm so sick and tired of your fanbase I prefer bears fans not even talk to me on here.
Funny that you would say such stupid stuff as your fan base is known as low class and below average intelligence wise. Go drink some swamp water and watch some Jerry Springer you fucking moron. Don't forget the bag for your head as a proud fan of a constant losing team. Good luck winning 4 games over the next few years.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they aren't gonna do that. The minute Payton stayed was the minute Brees stayed. And if we lost Brees we would take a long time to get back to what we were. Brees can take a pay cut if he has to. He's already said he would be open to it. Pushing problems down the road yes, because without Brees we will be screwed anyway for a couple years so yes they are pushing the inevitable because we are wanting one last run with Brees. There's also Byrd who has done nothing who could go. And Colston might also end up going. Most players unless studs are not even paid a million. Someone like Curry, Barron(complimentary players) will not cost much. And you probably did not know that Kikhaha did not play many snaps under Allen to limit game film awareness. Those rookie defenders will be even better next season.
The problem with that is, Byrd's contract makes it basically impossible to move on from him. His cap hit for next year is $10.9 million, but if the Saints cut him it will cost them $11.4 in dead money. So it's actually better for their cap to keep him than to cut him. 2017 is the first year they could realistically move on from him, as that will save them $3.7 million against the cap, but even that will still cost them $8 million in dead money.

What you don't seem to realize is the absolute mess that is the Saints cap. It's not as easy as saying oh, this guy is making $10 million, just cut him and that frees up that much money. It doesn't work like that. It requires a lot of tough decisions (like trading Graham last year) that gut talent on the team.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go with the Bucs.

The whole Lovie Smith getting canned was really odd timing, but sticking with the coaching staff minus Lovie, makes me think they know their better then their record this past season..
This

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am taking the Cowboys. Remember, they were 12-4 and a disputed catch away from the NFCCG just a year ago.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that you would say such stupid stuff as your fan base is known as low class and below average intelligence wise. Go drink some swamp water and watch some Jerry Springer you fucking moron. Don't forget the bag for your head as a proud fan of a constant losing team. Good luck winning 4 games over the next few years.

Says the fanbase who acted classless toward saints fans in Chicago. At least Drew Brees has a ring, something Cutler never will have. And do you want to get banned? I left PSR due to this shit. I live in SC and lived in Fl. Low intelligence? You wish.

You fans are always gonna be shitty and sorry because you never have anyone with good character. You want to win as villains. Why can't you fucking see you are the saints to Packers 49ers/Rodgers Montana in that division? Keep thinking you will take Rodgers down. It will never happen. Cutler couldn't play well when he had two weapons and you think he will next year when White gets back? Marshall isn't washed up. Blame Trestman huh? You fired Lovie to kiss Cutler's ass. The bears are gonna suck again next year anyway. Continue being the pathetic bitch of Green Bay with no decent morality whatsoever.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is, Byrd's contract makes it basically impossible to move on from him. His cap hit for next year is $10.9 million, but if the Saints cut him it will cost them $11.4 in dead money. So it's actually better for their cap to keep him than to cut him. 2017 is the first year they could realistically move on from him, as that will save them $3.7 million against the cap, but even that will still cost them $8 million in dead money.

What you don't seem to realize is the absolute mess that is the Saints cap. It's not as easy as saying oh, this guy is making $10 million, just cut him and that frees up that much money. It doesn't work like that. It requires a lot of tough decisions (like trading Graham last year) that gut talent on the team.

Loomis has fixed the cap every year. Its all he does as Payton is the one who attracts the FAs and Loomis works the numbers. He will do so this year. There are players that are going to restructure. Recently there was something about the saints cap situation where Morestead, Spiller, Colston, and Evans could all be cut freeing up 11 million and putting them 6 million ahead of the cap. Byrd stays then he restructures, as well as other players.

I don't want to get into this anymore. The pass rush is our biggest focus and if that gets fixed the secondary with lewis, Breaux, PJ Jones, Byrd, Vacarro, and Bush is gonna be a lot better. And we have a chance to not only sign Robertson or Harrison but draft Nkemdich, Reed, or Butler.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember PSR from back when I lurked on ESPN...

Typed in the address and got this

Fucking welcome to PSR motherfucker. Now join our fucked up psychotic community of losers. Thank you and go fuck yourself until you smile. Then come back for more.

Well, that's some kind of welcome. Not even trolling either.

Last edited:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know I seen a while back. I tend to go there anonymously here and there but nothing is new there.

The worst poster there? MGH.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with the homer pick.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have the best chance to win their division.

But to just make the playoffs... I like the Titans and Bears.

49ers have no chance with the division being as top heavy as it is. And now that he's in the West and will be going against some very good defenses twice a year as opposed to what he saw in the East, Chips disregard for ball control will be on full display.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the fanbase who acted classless toward saints fans in Chicago. At least Drew Brees has a ring, something Cutler never will have. And do you want to get banned? I left PSR due to this shit. I live in SC and lived in Fl. Low intelligence? You wish.

You fans are always gonna be shitty and sorry because you never have anyone with good character. You want to win as villains. Why can't you fucking see you are the saints to Packers 49ers/Rodgers Montana in that division? Keep thinking you will take Rodgers down. It will never happen. Cutler couldn't play well when he had two weapons and you think he will next year when White gets back? Marshall isn't washed up. Blame Trestman huh? You fired Lovie to kiss Cutler's ass. The bears are gonna suck again next year anyway. Continue being the pathetic bitch of Green Bay with no decent morality whatsoever.
Proof positive.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be any, but I'll go Cowboys and hate to say that as an Eagles fan but with Romo they are a competitor in that division.

2nd would be Dolphins for me. Took a big step back this year but have talent there. And the last team to knock NE out of the top spot in the AFC East? Miami... after a 1-15 season (probably would take another non-Brady year lol).

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears and Dolphins have been pretty active during Free Agency so far. Any changes of opinion?