• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way Too Early Thread: Which Last Place Team Makes the Playoffs in 2016?

Any of these teams make the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to involve folks already in offseason mode:

The NFL has, with remarkable consistency, has had last place teams either win their division or make the playoffs as a Wild Card. Any last place teams up to the task next season?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was only one vote for Washington last year when this thread was made. This always seems to have a funny way of surprising us.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys are the most likely. With a healthy Romo and Dez, and a weak division that's ripe for taking, I could see them having a nice bounce back year and winning the division again.

I think the Bucs have a good shot at a wild card. Improvement from Winston and hopefully better coaching and they could win 10 games.

Long shot to the Dolphins. I really like Gase and I think he could make Tannehill into a very good qb. The problem is the Patriots still own that division so it would require a wild card spot, and they will be competing against a lot of other good teams in the AFC.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Bears. We were in 14 of the 16 games this year till the final drive and we got 70 mil to spend. Also we'll get back a healthy AJ and K White.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go with the Bucs.

The whole Lovie Smith getting canned was really odd timing, but sticking with the coaching staff minus Lovie, makes me think they know their better then their record this past season..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Boys get in. Losing Romo for the season was the end for them, but that team still has a lot of talent. The high draft pick to potentially land one of the 3 premium pass rushers (Bosa, Buckner, Floyd) will help a ton because I don't think they'll be able to afford Hardy and they have enough headcases on that team. Hardy just disrupted the locker room and didn't even look that great. Grab a RB in rounds 2 or 3, possibly even trade up to land Elliott if he falls a bit.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious one would be the Cowboys.

When healthy they are the most talented team in that division (not that that is saying a whole lot).

I don't see any of the rest taking that step though. The Bears would be the next closest but I don't see them improving enough to beat out my Vikes and the Packers next season and it is doubtful 3 NFCN teams go to the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope its my team the 49ers. If not them I will go with the Cowboys in the NFC and Miami in AFC with the best chances.

49ers: Well seattle has took a step back and the NFC is usually up and down. Thats why they have a shot. Plus we have some nice draft picks and lots of Cap space. Arizona will be tough again.
Dallas: Well the east is a joke and its anyones race in that division. Dallas has the easiest way to make it to the playoffs out of that list.
Miami: They have talent just need to get it together. They play in a tough division so it will be tough for them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Boys get in. Losing Romo for the season was the end for them, but that team still has a lot of talent. The high draft pick to potentially land one of the 3 premium pass rushers (Bosa, Buckner, Floyd) will help a ton because I don't think they'll be able to afford Hardy and they have enough headcases on that team. Hardy just disrupted the locker room and didn't even look that great. Grab a RB in rounds 2 or 3, possibly even trade up to land Elliott if he falls a bit.
I agree overall that Dallas has the best shot out of that group.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers if they're still in SD. If they move to LA they're gonna go 0-16. Only other teams I could see making it are Dallas, Chicago, and Tampa Bay. If I had to pick one, I'll go with the Cowboys.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins and possibly the Cowboys.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was only one vote for Washington last year when this thread was made. This always seems to have a funny way of surprising us.

Nobody knew how bad the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles would be.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cowboys - As much as I dislike them, a healthy Romo is a top 10 QB and can keep them in every game. If he plays all 16, he'll put up elite numbers like he always has. Just has to get it done in the playoffs. With a top pick, they'll be able to find the replacement for Hardy. They have 9.8 million in cap space right now.

2. Tampa Bay - This team underachieved to a ridiculous level outside of Doug Martin and Winston. This is likely the best young up and coming team in the league. With new leadership coming in, they should be able to turn the corner and battle for a wildcard spot. Tampa has 46 million in cap space. Plenty to spend to bring in a top flight free agent to help them get over the hump.

3. Bears - A lot of injuries, and still competed in every game. Stayed in the wildcard race for a while before losing a couple close games late. They will compete with the Vikings for second in the division next season. Plus they have 55 million in cap space, and will be able to make plenty of moves.

4. Chargers - There's entirely too much talent on this team to continue to struggle like they have. And Phillip Rivers. They will turn this thing around and be a tough out next season. Playing in a tough division with 3 other tough teams will be hard on them and they likely don't make it next year, but based on team potential alone, they get this spot. The Chargers have 30.5 million in cap space to help them improve along the O line.

5. Dolphins - We are in absolute cap hell and have to redo a lot of contracts to have any chance to do anything in FA this offseason. Currently the Dolphins stand 7 million over the cap. Suh and Tannehill are going to have to sacrifice if we want to be able to have any kind of flexibility. Lamar Miller is a FA, and I'm afraid we won't be able to offer what other teams will and he will walk. Despite the new young coaching staff, this team is looking very bleak right now.

6. Browns - They have some talent to compete, and now with Hue Jackson, and getting rid of Johnny Football will help them greatly. They currently have 17 million in cap space so they will be able to have some flexibility. The only reason I put them below the Dolphins is the question mark at QB, and they will have a tougher schedule. But their future outlook is definitely better than ours.

7. Titans - What is there to say here? This team is a complete mess everywhere, and they made the 2nd worst coach hire of the offseason. There just isn't many positives to see here outside of Mariota. Quick, name five of their players? Yeah. You can't. That's how bad they are. They have 23.6 million in cap space and the #1 overall pick going for them though? Going to be another tough year for the Titans.

8. 49ers - Easily the worst coaching hire of all time, and they are likely going to be working with Kaep again, the worst QB in the league. This team has no explosiveness on offense at all outside of Kaep and Hyde. They're going to have a very tough time doing anything since their division features 3 of the top defenses in the league. Chip Kelly's offense has been stifled this season and now teams have the tape on it. Chip doesn't care about time of possession. They have 44.8 million in cap space and a top pick going for them, but this team will be in contention for the #1 pick next season. Could go 3-13.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy12 You honestly think the 49ers are going to win more than 2 division games? Kaep just doesn't play well against great defenses.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy12 You honestly think the 49ers are going to win more than 2 division games? Kaep just doesn't play well against great defenses.
Yeah why not. We already made a big up grade and we have a lot of money(50+ million) and a lot of draft picks. Arizona is top dog so they will be tough, seattle took a step back and the rams are the rams. We beat them this year. Now as fan I have to hope they will be a lot better. I agree Dallas has the easiest road to get back but to but us 8th is silly in my opinion. Its ok if that it is your opinion I just don't see it.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah why not. We already made a big up grade and we have a lot of money(50+ million) and a lot of draft picks. Arizona is top dog so they will be tough, seattle took a step back and the rams are the rams. We beat them this year. Now as fan I have to hope they will be a lot better. I agree Dallas has the easiest road to get back but to but us 8th is silly in my opinion. Its ok if that it is your opinion I just don't see it.

I just don't see Chip Kelly as a coach in the NFL. I just think that offense is going to struggle against good defenses. Something the entire division has. If the Rams can find a QB that can manage a game, they're a playoff contender. And do you really trust Kaep? He has regressed every year. He's no different than other option style QB's. They can't read NFL defenses.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cowboys - As much as I dislike them, a healthy Romo is a top 10 QB and can keep them in every game. If he plays all 16, he'll put up elite numbers like he always has. Just has to get it done in the playoffs. With a top pick, they'll be able to find the replacement for Hardy. They have 9.8 million in cap space right now.

2. Tampa Bay - This team underachieved to a ridiculous level outside of Doug Martin and Winston. This is likely the best young up and coming team in the league. With new leadership coming in, they should be able to turn the corner and battle for a wildcard spot. Tampa has 46 million in cap space. Plenty to spend to bring in a top flight free agent to help them get over the hump.

3. Bears - A lot of injuries, and still competed in every game. Stayed in the wildcard race for a while before losing a couple close games late. They will compete with the Vikings for second in the division next season. Plus they have 55 million in cap space, and will be able to make plenty of moves.

4. Chargers - There's entirely too much talent on this team to continue to struggle like they have. And Phillip Rivers. They will turn this thing around and be a tough out next season. Playing in a tough division with 3 other tough teams will be hard on them and they likely don't make it next year, but based on team potential alone, they get this spot. The Chargers have 30.5 million in cap space to help them improve along the O line.

5. Dolphins - We are in absolute cap hell and have to redo a lot of contracts to have any chance to do anything in FA this offseason. Currently the Dolphins stand 7 million over the cap. Suh and Tannehill are going to have to sacrifice if we want to be able to have any kind of flexibility. Lamar Miller is a FA, and I'm afraid we won't be able to offer what other teams will and he will walk. Despite the new young coaching staff, this team is looking very bleak right now.

6. Browns - They have some talent to compete, and now with Hue Jackson, and getting rid of Johnny Football will help them greatly. They currently have 17 million in cap space so they will be able to have some flexibility. The only reason I put them below the Dolphins is the question mark at QB, and they will have a tougher schedule. But their future outlook is definitely better than ours.

7. Titans - What is there to say here? This team is a complete mess everywhere, and they made the 2nd worst coach hire of the offseason. There just isn't many positives to see here outside of Mariota. Quick, name five of their players? Yeah. You can't. That's how bad they are. They have 23.6 million in cap space and the #1 overall pick going for them though? Going to be another tough year for the Titans.

8. 49ers - Easily the worst coaching hire of all time, and they are likely going to be working with Kaep again, the worst QB in the league. This team has no explosiveness on offense at all outside of Kaep and Hyde. They're going to have a very tough time doing anything since their division features 3 of the top defenses in the league. Chip Kelly's offense has been stifled this season and now teams have the tape on it. Chip doesn't care about time of possession. They have 44.8 million in cap space and a top pick going for them, but this team will be in contention for the #1 pick next season. Could go 3-13.
1-Dallas- East is weak
2-Chargers- Payton is done after this year
3- TB- i like what I saw from them this year
4- 49ers- Talent, and cap and a real coach again.
5-Miami- They have talent. New coach might put it together. Beating Jets and Pats in division will be tough plus Bills. Very tough division.
6-Bears- no clue.
7-Tenn- Building
8-Browns- They are just a mess

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Chip Kelly as a coach in the NFL. I just think that offense is going to struggle against good defenses. Something the entire division has. If the Rams can find a QB that can manage a game, they're a playoff contender. And do you really trust Kaep? He has regressed every year. He's no different than other option style QB's. They can't read NFL defenses.
I can he has 2 10 win seasons and a he has a winning record in the NFL. A lot better then most in the league. I have faith as long as he doesn't become our GM. Let him just coach. Yes that is the BIG question, can I trust Kap. Track record says yes but recent memory says no. I can just hope that an offensive coach can help him again like harbaugh did. Last year was a mess with our coaching staff.