• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington @ Michigan, ABC, 5pm PST

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, IF the Pac is ever broken up, Oregon will be one of the first teams discarded, after WSU of course. lol

Getting relegated to a lesser division would hurt Oregon's football prospects.

Best thing going for all you west coast schools is that no one else wants any of you in their conference. Crappy Time zones and travel expenses is the #1 hurdle, but if the B1G ignored those factors, they'd take Washington first, and Stanford/UCLA second, but more likely would go for Arizona St. 2nd. Oregon would be the 9th-10th or 11th school on their list, WSU would be 14th.
Ok, what does that have to do with research money? Athletic money and academic money have nothing to do with each other and expansion sure as hell has nothing to do with anything academically.

Are you seriously trying to pretend that if Minnesota wasn’t a legacy program from the B1G that any conference would want you? Minnesota is a crappier Oklahoma State. You are some kind of special if you think any conference would choose Arizona State over Oregon.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ALWAYS rail on Oregon. There are few, if any, schools in the nation considered a P5 school that produces LESS than Oregon, via research. The only thing that really actually matters.

Covid is a good example. Covid screwed up an entire season. Who figures out how to beat things like viruses? The Univ of Oregon? NO!!! lol Give me a break, all Oregon does is sucks money up from Uncle Phil and they do well in running sports and in football.

If not for B1G schools, shit like Covid could eliminate college sports, forever.

But Oregon fb fans wouldn't have a clue about such things because they are all idiots, with low entrance scores, low research incoming, and low rankings in academics, all they got is football. People think Bama fans are neanderthals? Lol, Bama ranks only behind Stanford in producing Academic All-Americans. I think Oregon fans are the true neanderthals of college football fandom.
So which school in the Pac 12 did a good research job on Covid then? You can’t on one hand rail on Oregon for a lack of research when Washington’s inaccurate study on Covid and Stanford’s failed rapid test did actual damage

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the past, dude.

Makes a post citing Minnesota's accomplishments from 50+ years ago, then makes this post immediately after.

You just can't replicate this level of idiocy.

giphy.gif

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've won the conference the last 4 years. They haven't lost a conference game in 3 years. If you think they aren't the best program in the conference, then you've presented another example of your stupidity.

Until someone beats them, it's the present, and the future.

I hate osu with every fiber of my being. I have been brought up to hate osu and I have been educated to hate osu, but you are not wrong. Even though it was good to see Oregon beat them (nice job Oregon), it doesn't give Michigan superiority over osu. We have to beat them over a few years. @fredsdeadfriend Michigan won two games last year. One of those victories was over Minnesota 49 to 24. Lifetime record between Minnesota and Michigan is 76-25-3 in favor of Michigan.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate osu with every fiber of my being. I have been brought up to hate osu and I have been educated to hate osu, but you are not wrong. Even though it was good to see Oregon beat them (nice job Oregon), it doesn't give Michigan superiority over osu. We have to beat them over a few years. @fredsdeadfriend Michigan won two games last year. One of those victories was over Minnesota 49 to 24. Lifetime record between Minnesota and Michigan is 76-25-3 in favor of Michigan.
steve-carell-thankyou.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers are non existent in the NFL

And they dominate the NHL.

And UMn's like Top 10-20 at producing NBA players, too. And Top 10-20 at producing MLB players.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, what does that have to do with research money? Athletic money and academic money have nothing to do with each other and expansion sure as hell has nothing to do with anything academically.

Are you seriously trying to pretend that if Minnesota wasn’t a legacy program from the B1G that any conference would want you? Minnesota is a crappier Oklahoma State. You are some kind of special if you think any conference would choose Arizona State over Oregon.
Well, lets see, UMn brings in just shy of a BILLION dollars in research money every year.

Oregon barely brings in 50 mil. lol

Oregon is one of the most worthless schools in the country.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, lets see, UMn brings in just shy of a BILLION dollars in research money every year.

No one cares about research money on the CFB forum.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn that’s a ton of money for just a couple wins per season

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that’s a ton of money for just a couple wins per season
Seeing as Oregon has only 2 more wins than Minnesota since 2016 and only 1 less loss, not sure what Oregon fans are so arrogant about?

Oregon's STILL got ZERO Natl Titles. And my bet is they will NEVER win one. No matter how much money Uncle Phil gives them.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as Oregon has only 2 more wins than Minnesota since 2016 and only 1 less loss, not sure what Oregon fans are so arrogant about?

Oregon's STILL got ZERO Natl Titles. And my bet is they will NEVER win one. No matter how much money Uncle Phil gives them.

I'd bet all the money in the world that Oregon will win a CFP before Minnesota.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please stop using the word “got” makes you sound like an imbecile

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop using the word “got” makes you sound like an imbecile
Wtf? Ok, so Oregon still HAS ZERO Natl Titles in football?

Maybe, Oregon has only been able to win ZERO Natl Titles in football?

Or Oregon's only been able to win ZERO Natl Titles in football?

Zero Natl Titles are what Oregon has won in cfb?

Any of those work for you?