• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington @ Michigan, ABC, 5pm PST

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God Bless Minnesota! Whoregon can suck it!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Oregon change the entire landscape of athletics? lol

And all you know Minnesota for is tator tot hot dish and the Mighty Ducks? lol I mean, Bob Dylan? Prince? Nothing? Judy Garland was from Minnesota, as were the Andrew Sisters. They had more Top 40 hits than both Elvis and the Beatles. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis? Like Top 3 among producers all time. Yanni dominates the new age scene.

Jessica Biel? Or Chris Pratt if you go that way?

The internet you are using right now was basically invented by UMners and it's development was helped along by UMners. The phrase "Surfing the Net"? That was a UMner, too. The URL? Same. POPmail? Same.

The Green Revolution? Over population was thought to be a huge problem until a UMner came along and transformed the world. Guy has been credited for saving BILLIONS of lives.

The transistor radio and the TV were both brought about and/or developed by UMners. Wouldn't have Silicon Valley without UMners.

The Fastest computers in the world for DECADES were built by a UMner.

You've heard of the Manhatten Project, right? UMners dominated the project. Mass Spectrograph invented by a UMner.

Ever heard of the Miracle on Ice? That was all Minnesotas doing. Coaching staff and half the team were UMners.

The Right Stuff? One of them was a UMner, as was the guy running that whole show.

Top Gun? The guy Maverick was based on was a UMner.

Jean Luc Piccard? Based on a guy married to a UMner who was the first woman in space(or what they considered space at that time).

Captain Janeway, first female Captain of a Star Trek starship, a UMner.

The light saber? First thought up by a UMner. The Particle Accelerator? Invented by a UMner. Dungeons and Dragons? Invented by a UMner.

Several of the best Sci-Fi writers in history were UMners.

Do you drive? Thank UMn for your retractable seat belt. Do you use post it notes or scotch tape? Know anyone whose had a bone marrow transplant or a heart pacemaker?

Ever admire a cheerleader? Thank UMn for that, and the 4 man backfield.

Ever fly on a plane? If it's going down those oxygen masks that come down? A UMn thing. The black box they look for after the crash? A UMn thing.

Should I continue?

Or wait, this is a football thread.

How many times has Wash St ended a season ranked in the Top Ten? lol Minnesota has MORE Natl Titles than WSU has Top Ten finishes.

How many games has WSU won in the last 20 years? Fewer than it's lost? By my count it was only double digit wins but triple digit losses.

UMn's won just as many games as WSU since 2016.

WSU's lost 3 of it's last 4 bowl games. UMn's won ALL FOUR of it's last four bowl games.

You think WSU's so cool because it shared a Div Title but lost the tiebreaker in 2018? Minny did the same in 2019.

WSU's had how many Heisman winners? Oh, they had at least a runner up, right? No? UMn's had a winner AND a runner up. And a 3rd place finisher and a 4th place finisher. WSU's had just 1 Top 4 finisher?

WSU has what, like 4 Cfb HOF players and just 2 Pro HOFers? lol I'm so NOT impressed.

UMn has as many NFL Hall of Famers as WSU has Consensus All-Americans, that's too funny.

Btw, what division is Utah St in? lol
Cool story bro, you can’t use any interweb shit talk to a Wazzu grad. Microsoft was created in an upstart rinky dink lab in Pullman. And go sit down with your green bullshit when you are talking down to a west coast conference.

Bob Dylan, lol. I fucking hate UW but Minnesota’s Dylan and Prince aren’t a 10th of the Seattle music scene.

I love you talk about Minnesota and the Manhattan project. So you are claiming superiority for stealing Nazi science?

I could go on and on but Minnesota is a nice and polite state, but literally nothing about it says we are Minnesota outside of Prince and eh, and he isn’t a Mt Rushmore musician.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I mention the only American in the Monty Python troupe was a Minnesotan?

I know you didn't enjoy the movies Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Bridge of Spies, True Grit, Brother Where Art Thou, 12 Monkeys, Raising Arizona or The Holy Grail? Right?
Seriously you have an obsession issue. You quote the same post 15 times to try and to get a response when literally all of those movies combined don’t come close to the amount of money made by 1 single movie franchise out here. So go, keep citing all of these cutsie things about Minnesota but unless you finally bring up a legitimate post I would greatly appreciate you not filling up my notifications. I get so excited thinking I am super popular then I see I got 20 from you and get all depressed again.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Oregon change the entire landscape of athletics? lol

And all you know Minnesota for is tator tot hot dish and the Mighty Ducks? lol I mean, Bob Dylan? Prince? Nothing? Judy Garland was from Minnesota, as were the Andrew Sisters. They had more Top 40 hits than both Elvis and the Beatles. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis? Like Top 3 among producers all time. Yanni dominates the new age scene.

Jessica Biel? Or Chris Pratt if you go that way?

The internet you are using right now was basically invented by UMners and it's development was helped along by UMners. The phrase "Surfing the Net"? That was a UMner, too. The URL? Same. POPmail? Same.

The Green Revolution? Over population was thought to be a huge problem until a UMner came along and transformed the world. Guy has been credited for saving BILLIONS of lives.

The transistor radio and the TV were both brought about and/or developed by UMners. Wouldn't have Silicon Valley without UMners.

The Fastest computers in the world for DECADES were built by a UMner.

You've heard of the Manhatten Project, right? UMners dominated the project. Mass Spectrograph invented by a UMner.

Ever heard of the Miracle on Ice? That was all Minnesotas doing. Coaching staff and half the team were UMners.

The Right Stuff? One of them was a UMner, as was the guy running that whole show.

Top Gun? The guy Maverick was based on was a UMner.

Jean Luc Piccard? Based on a guy married to a UMner who was the first woman in space(or what they considered space at that time).

Captain Janeway, first female Captain of a Star Trek starship, a UMner.

The light saber? First thought up by a UMner. The Particle Accelerator? Invented by a UMner. Dungeons and Dragons? Invented by a UMner.

Several of the best Sci-Fi writers in history were UMners.

Do you drive? Thank UMn for your retractable seat belt. Do you use post it notes or scotch tape? Know anyone whose had a bone marrow transplant or a heart pacemaker?

Ever admire a cheerleader? Thank UMn for that, and the 4 man backfield.

Ever fly on a plane? If it's going down those oxygen masks that come down? A UMn thing. The black box they look for after the crash? A UMn thing.

Should I continue?

Or wait, this is a football thread.

How many times has Wash St ended a season ranked in the Top Ten? lol Minnesota has MORE Natl Titles than WSU has Top Ten finishes.

How many games has WSU won in the last 20 years? Fewer than it's lost? By my count it was only double digit wins but triple digit losses.

UMn's won just as many games as WSU since 2016.

WSU's lost 3 of it's last 4 bowl games. UMn's won ALL FOUR of it's last four bowl games.

You think WSU's so cool because it shared a Div Title but lost the tiebreaker in 2018? Minny did the same in 2019.

WSU's had how many Heisman winners? Oh, they had at least a runner up, right? No? UMn's had a winner AND a runner up. And a 3rd place finisher and a 4th place finisher. WSU's had just 1 Top 4 finisher?

WSU has what, like 4 Cfb HOF players and just 2 Pro HOFers? lol I'm so NOT impressed.

UMn has as many NFL Hall of Famers as WSU has Consensus All-Americans, that's too funny.

Btw, what division is Utah St in? lol
So is Mike the Pillow Guy

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story bro, you can’t use any interweb shit talk to a Wazzu grad. Microsoft was created in an upstart rinky dink lab in Pullman. And go sit down with your green bullshit when you are talking down to a west coast conference.

Bob Dylan, lol. I fucking hate UW but Minnesota’s Dylan and Prince aren’t a 10th of the Seattle music scene.

I love you talk about Minnesota and the Manhattan project. So you are claiming superiority for stealing Nazi science?

I could go on and on but Minnesota is a nice and polite state, but literally nothing about it says we are Minnesota outside of Prince and eh, and he isn’t a Mt Rushmore musician.

So you never heard then that Minnesota has more Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the state per capita than any other state, last I heard? 18 of them, the majority of them in the upper half, too. And that list doesn't include Cargill the #1 privately owned agriculture based company in the world.

United Health Group, Target, Best Buy, 3M, CHS, US Bancorp, General Mills, Land O Lakes, X Cel Energy, Hormel, Polaris just to name a few.

And maybe you never heard of The Replacements or Husker Du or Soul Asylum or Trip Shakespeare or the Suburbs? Well all your grungy Seattle bands you seem so proud of publicly mention both The Replacements and/or Husker Du as bands that inspired them. The Soundtrack to the movie "Singles" had all Seattle bands on it, except for one artist, Paul Westerberg, the lead singer of The Replacements. And Nirvana's 2nd album was named after a Replacements song. Rolling Stone named Westerberg one of the Top 100 Greatest Songwriters of all-time. Or course Prince made the Top 20 and Dylan was named #1.

So all of that was going on at the same time Prince and his people were dominating the pop and r & b charts.

David Soul and Lipps Inc each had a #1 hit to get that whole party started. Yanni dominated the New Age Charts, and a young lady I heard at the county fair went on to get at least 4 songs to #1 on the country charts.

Did I forget to mention Judy Garland, Eddie Cochran and The Andrew Sisters? lol The Andrew Sisters had more Top 40 hits than both Elvis and the Beatles. At least one critic named them the #1 girl group of the 1st half of the 20th Century, and no group got into as many hollywood movies as they did.

And I could continue. Semisonic's Closing Time will be forever be played in some bars at closing time, the world wide #1 hit Fireflies.

Oh, and the producer tandem of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis rank very high, Top 5 for sure, maybe Top 3 of all time in # of hitis they've produced.

And I won't get into the details but Minnesotans didn't steal any Naz1 science. Look it up, there would have been no Nuclear bombs or power plants or anything had UMners not invented the Mass Spectrometer and the Particle Accelerator and had they not used them to isolate the Uranium isotope.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you never heard then that Minnesota has more Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the state per capita than any other state, last I heard? 18 of them, the majority of them in the upper half, too. And that list doesn't include Cargill the #1 privately owned agriculture based company in the world.

United Health Group, Target, Best Buy, 3M, CHS, US Bancorp, General Mills, Land O Lakes, X Cel Energy, Hormel, Polaris just to name a few.

And maybe you never heard of The Replacements or Husker Du or Soul Asylum or Trip Shakespeare or the Suburbs? Well all your grungy Seattle bands you seem so proud of publicly mention both The Replacements and/or Husker Du as bands that inspired them. The Soundtrack to the movie "Singles" had all Seattle bands on it, except for one artist, Paul Westerberg, the lead singer of The Replacements. And Nirvana's 2nd album was named after a Replacements song. Rolling Stone named Westerberg one of the Top 100 Greatest Songwriters of all-time. Or course Prince made the Top 20 and Dylan was named #1.

So all of that was going on at the same time Prince and his people were dominating the pop and r & b charts.

David Soul and Lipps Inc each had a #1 hit to get that whole party started. Yanni dominated the New Age Charts, and a young lady I heard at the county fair went on to get at least 4 songs to #1 on the country charts.

Did I forget to mention Judy Garland, Eddie Cochran and The Andrew Sisters? lol The Andrew Sisters had more Top 40 hits than both Elvis and the Beatles. At least one critic named them the #1 girl group of the 1st half of the 20th Century, and no group got into as many hollywood movies as they did.

And I could continue. Semisonic's Closing Time will be forever be played in some bars at closing time, the world wide #1 hit Fireflies.

Oh, and the producer tandem of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis rank very high, Top 5 for sure, maybe Top 3 of all time in # of hitis they've produced.

And I won't get into the details but Minnesotans didn't steal any Naz1 science. Look it up, there would have been no Nuclear bombs or power plants or anything had UMners not invented the Mass Spectrometer and the Particle Accelerator and had they not used them to isolate the Uranium isotope.

No one cares.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously you have an obsession issue. You quote the same post 15 times to try and to get a response when literally all of those movies combined don’t come close to the amount of money made by 1 single movie franchise out here. So go, keep citing all of these cutsie things about Minnesota but unless you finally bring up a legitimate post I would greatly appreciate you not filling up my notifications. I get so excited thinking I am super popular then I see I got 20 from you and get all depressed again.
What movie franchise is that?

And those movies I listed weren't money makers maybe, but they were mostly all critically acclaimed movies. Anyone who doesn't love Monty Python and the Holy Grail is not alright with me, lol.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Andrew sisters had more top 40 hits than the Beatles and Elvis? I would love to see the data on this. Billboard lists the Beatles at the top or near #1 on almost every all time chart.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Andrew sisters had more top 40 hits than the Beatles and Elvis? I would love to see the data on this. Billboard lists the Beatles at the top or near #1 on almost every all time chart.
Did I say Top 40? That's wrong, it's Top 10.

If you scroll down to the setting records part of the article, the article says they had 46 Top Ten hits and the article claims that's more than both Elvis and the Beatles. I mean, it is Wikipedia so the article could be wrong?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I believe more of Elvis' went to #1, and as for the Beatles, if you counted all of their singles as solo artists up, that could change that?