• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Wash. Nationals @ NY Mets (4/30-5/3)

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to start off the season with a series win in Washington, but we can't let these guys dominate again. I hope Harvey is good and angry.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D. Dub....

David Wright's absence to continue through next weekend - Mets Blog - ESPN

Dilson......

Dilson Herrera call-up designed to shake up slumping New York Mets - Mets Blog - ESPN

tDark Knight....

NEW YORK -- Matt Harvey's leash on Friday night against the Washington Nationals should be about as long as it was in the New York Mets ace's last start, at Yankee Stadium.

i
Harvey has an extra day of rest entering his matchup opposite Max Scherzer.

And Harvey should have two extra days of rest before his next start -- Friday in Philadelphia -- thanks to the Mets having two days off next week.

So manager Terry Collins expects Harvey will be able to throw roughly 105 pitches against the Nats.

Harvey tossed 107 pitches and lasted 8 2/3 innings against the Yankees last Saturday in the Bronx.

"I wouldn’t etch it in stone, but I think he’s in that same area,” Collins said."

Collins said the Mets may be more conservative once Harvey resumes working on standard rest.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome.......I was just about to post if the mets were actually planning on getting a hit in this one...and right on cue their 1st one was of the HR variety courtesy of Michael Cuddyer.
1-0 Mets, bottom 4th.

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Harvey is our stopper. Familia going 5 outs was big. Murphy coming up clutch again. If we deal him he's certainly boosting his trade value.

MetsFan78502

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a critical win tonight to stop the bleeding. This is also an example of why I can't see this team going downhill and falling out of the race later in the season. A true ace like Matt Harvey stops losing streaks, and Familia is a dominating closer who won't fail to close out these critical games. Those guys came up huge tonight.

The offense is weak right now, but that'll change when Wright and d'Arnaud return. The team just needs to hang in there and play .500 ball until those bats are back.

The one huge problem right now obviously is Flores. Four strikeouts and 2 more bad plays in the field tonight. It's obvious that his confidence is completely shot. It might not be long before Reynolds gets a chance. We need strong middle infield defense, and Herrera/Reynolds might be our future in that area.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a critical win tonight to stop the bleeding. This is also an example of why I can't see this team going downhill and falling out of the race later in the season. A true ace like Matt Harvey stops losing streaks, and Familia is a dominating closer who won't fail to close out these critical games. Those guys came up huge tonight.

The offense is weak right now, but that'll change when Wright and d'Arnaud return. The team just needs to hang in there and play .500 ball until those bats are back.

The one huge problem right now obviously is Flores. Four strikeouts and 2 more bad plays in the field tonight. It's obvious that his confidence is completely shot. It might not be long before Reynolds gets a chance. We need strong middle infield defense, and Herrera/Reynolds might be our future in that area.

Totally agree about the middle infield. If Herrera plays well I think he may be here for good. I think Murphy gets dealt to an AL team sooner than later. Him playing 3rd right now is both a matter of maximizing potential defensively and I think it could also be a bit of showcasing to let teams see how versatile he can be. I could be totally off about that.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had to meet some friends last night for early dinner & drinks before going to a Steve Earle concert, but I kept checking the score on my iphone..and it sure was an awesome & much needed win.

btw: The show was great...love Steve Earle....and the historic Great American Music Hall here in SF was the perfect venue.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“You get these matchups every once in a while throughout the course of the year, and not often does it live up to the hype,’’Mets OF Michael Cuddyer said. “It was fun to see it live up to that hype. These two guys got you ready for the Kentucky Derby, because they were both horses out there on the mound.’’

upload_2015-5-2_12-8-26.png

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- Here are the lineups as the New York Mets face the Washington Nationals at 7:10 p.m. ET on Saturday at Citi Field.

*Mayberry jr., Tejada & Recker get starts today.

i

John Mayberry Jr., RF

Juan Lagares, CF

Lucas Duda, 1B

Michael Cuddyer, LF

Daniel Murphy, 3B

Dilson Herrera, 2B

Ruben Tejada, SS

Anthony Recker, C

Jonathon Niese, LHP

Nationals

Michael Taylor, CF

Yunel Escobar, 3B

Jayson Werth, LF

Bryce Harper, RF

Ryan Zimmerman, 1B

Wilson Ramos, C

Ian Desmond, SS

Danny Espinosa, 2B

Gio Gonzalez, LHP

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets lose the game 1-0, and the series 1-3...(they had a few opportunities but couldn't capitalize)....
....on the bright side Alex Torres was solid in his 1 inning of work...and at least they didn't commit an error today (but maybe should have been charged w/ one on Tejada in the 1st)

NL is east is getting tighter by the day.

Monday is an off day....then the O's come in for 2.

Rapid Reaction: Nationals 1, Mets 0 - Mets Blog - ESPN