• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wash and days off......

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i have no problem with wash giving guys days off, but the situations that he is doing so in is not very smart imo.

why not give hamilton a day off against a lefty? like yesterday against millone or tomorrow against wandy? instead, he rests him today against mcarthy who is having an outstanding season, but he gets shelled against lefties. i love wash as a manager, but his tactical decisions leave a lot to be desired.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no problem with wash giving guys days off, but the situations that he is doing so in is not very smart imo.

why not give hamilton a day off against a lefty? like yesterday against millone or tomorrow against wandy? instead, he rests him today against mcarthy who is having an outstanding season, but he gets shelled against lefties. i love wash as a manager, but his tactical decisions leave a lot to be desired.

Day game. Josh gets it off.

Plus he is on the bench if we need a big bat later.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Day game. Josh gets it off.

Plus he is on the bench if we need a big bat later.

josh is hitting fine in day games this season and yes there is a big bat later, but as you can see mcarthy has been dealing all season against righties and we could use another lefty in the lineup when mcarthy is getting hit at a .317 clip by lefties. just makes no sense to not rest josh against a lefty last night, millone, or tomorrow against wandy

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see I'm not the only one willing to question Wash's stupidity.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh has been hitting just fine in day games this year. How does Wash explain this one? That man makes baseball decisions that just make zero sense sometimes and he single-handedly manages the Rangers out of 5-7 wins each year. Sure he's "cool" and a funny dude but if the Rangers had a competent manager with the talent they have can you imagine how good we could be?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh has been hitting just fine in day games this year. How does Wash explain this one? That man makes baseball decisions that just make zero sense sometimes and he single-handedly manages the Rangers out of 5-7 wins each year. Sure he's "cool" and a funny dude but if the Rangers had a competent manager with the talent they have can you imagine how good we could be?

Yep, with a better manager this team may have improved each year with somebody else and may have even won a couple of AL pennants and played in a couple of World Series. Instead we got this dummy mucking things up. Go figure....

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers win baseball games more due to the accumulation of talent led by JD and Nolan. They don't win because of Wash's wisdom and baseball acumen. That's not exactly a state secret either.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers win baseball games more due to the accumulation of talent led by JD and Nolan. They don't win because of Wash's wisdom and baseball acumen. That's not exactly a state secret either.

I think people underestimate just how good of a manager Washington actually is. The guy has serious leadership skills. Serious! I have seen a lot of teams in all sports have their leader fired or walk away and just collapse, never to reach that zenith again.

Washington brings a lot to the table and resting guys and skipping guys in the rotation are some of the good things he does. Burning guys out by playing them everyday and in this heat is just asinine. Good managers have their fingers on the pulse of their team and Washington is no exception. He knows the right thing to say. He knows when to be fearless and he knows when to play it coy. Like it or not the players take their cues from him and they follow him into battle with the utmost of confidence.

Quibbling over someone getting a day off or the lineup not being what you want against a particular pitcher is silly. As fans, we aren't privy to any of the relevant information anyway. We don't know who has a crick in their neck or who has a queesy stomach or who is being benched for not running out a grounder or making the proper read on a routine defensive play. And we shouldn't. Just enjoy the games and know that this team is one of if not the best team in baseball.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit. You can't give Nolan and JD credit for the wins and Wash credit for the loses. It simply does not work that way and never has. At least not outside of spots message boards.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing that isn't a state secret is that you are an Angels troll only here to stir shit up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash isn't perfect by any means, but the players love him, he's brought us to two AL championships, and has us firmly in first place this year. This "we win in spite of him" shit needs to stop. None of us could run the team better than he does.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash isn't perfect by any means, but the players love him, he's brought us to two AL championships, and has us firmly in first place this year. This "we win in spite of him" shit needs to stop. None of us could run the team better than he does.

Not so much about any of us, but there are few managers in the majors that could do better with this team. I'd put Wash in the top 5 of managers right now.

As for this days off issue, get over it. We are in a 20 game stretch and Wash has promised guys days off to keep them fresh. So we have a day game in the middle of a long stretch, before we head out on the road, and Josh has been playing a lot and playing well. Unless you want to burn him up now, stick with the schedule. I'd rather Wash plan out his guys playing time and stick with it, rather than knee jerk around based on what pitcher the other team rolls out. I'm sure that Wash tells his guys at least a day in advance when they will have time off. Stick with it, and get through the season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much about any of us, but there are few managers in the majors that could do better with this team. I'd put Wash in the top 5 of managers right now.

As for this days off issue, get over it. We are in a 20 game stretch and Wash has promised guys days off to keep them fresh. So we have a day game in the middle of a long stretch, before we head out on the road, and Josh has been playing a lot and playing well. Unless you want to burn him up now, stick with the schedule. I'd rather Wash plan out his guys playing time and stick with it, rather than knee jerk around based on what pitcher the other team rolls out. I'm sure that Wash tells his guys at least a day in advance when they will have time off. Stick with it, and get through the season.

Agreed

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crap. We take 3 of 7 on a home stand to less than stellar teams, and Baltimore passes us in the standings. The rangers need to get over the funk they're in.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. We take 3 of 7 on a home stand to less than stellar teams, and Baltimore passes us in the standings. The rangers need to get over the funk they're in.

Nefti vs HOU should start us off on the path to redemption tonight.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bet that TEX is getting more quality PT for its #23, #24, and #25 guys than we've seen in the past two seasons which will be twice as important in getting production from them and continued health from the core come June-July-August.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jaar has actually made some really good posts from time to time, but it's hard to tell if he's being genuine or just trying to find a balance to seem less troll-ish. He tends to mostly show up when we're at a low point to bad mouth someone on the team. Either he's one of the most cynical diehard Rangers fans ever, or just a really dedicated troll. The jury is still out for me.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
jaar has actually made some really good posts from time to time, but it's hard to tell if he's being genuine or just trying to find a balance to seem less troll-ish. He tends to mostly show up when we're at a low point to bad mouth someone on the team. Either he's one of the most cynical diehard Rangers fans ever, or just a really dedicated troll. The jury is still out for me.

I'm sure he's less critical of the team than he appears to be on this board. If he's like me, he likely says things on here that he would normally be yelled at the TV in those times when members of the team aren't performing up to their normal standards. I'm sure I often come across as hyper critical on here because I use this forum to vent. I could easily see him being the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's less critical of the team than he appears to be on this board. If he's like me, he likely says things on here that he would normally be yelled at the TV in those times when members of the team aren't performing up to their normal standards. I'm sure I often come across as hyper critical on here because I use this forum to vent. I could easily see him being the same way.

Which is not much different from any other poster on any other board. It's like somebody's tag line says on LSB....

Baseball is a nervous breakdown divided into 9 innings.