• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was this the WORST NBA Playoffs in history?

Was that the WORST playoffs in NBA history?

• Yes

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some unfortunate injuries helped both the Warriors and Cavs but does anyone seriously think that a fully healthy Spurs or Celtics team was going to knock of either one of these teams?

Spurs would've taken them to 6 or 7 IMO.

Look, for some people the results are all that matters. We knew it would be these two teams all year so to them it's boring. But many of us just like watching the best players in the world playing ball, competitive high level basketball. If the Warriors win as they should, instead of saying "boring I knew that would happen" I will be saying "wow I am lucky I got to watch this team play" just like I got to watch Jordan's Bulls and the Showtime Lakers. It's fun to watch great players and teams be great.

And that's not mentioning watching Westbrook do Westbrook things, and LeBron do LeBron things, and John Wall streak down the court, etc.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs would've taken them to 6 or 7 IMO.

Look, for some people the results are all that matters. We knew it would be these two teams all year so to them it's boring. But many of us just like watching the best players in the world playing ball, competitive high level basketball. If the Warriors win as they should, instead of saying "boring I knew that would happen" I will be saying "wow I am lucky I got to watch this team play" just like I got to watch Jordan's Bulls and the Showtime Lakers. It's fun to watch great players and teams be great.

And that's not mentioning watching Westbrook do Westbrook things, and LeBron do LeBron things, and John Wall streak down the court, etc.

I am completely with you. Although I think that the Spurs would have been lucky to get them to 6. The Warriors simply have too much firepower.

But for me watching Lebron come back from down 25 against the Pacers was pretty amazing to watch. As were some of the matches against Boston. It's tough when the Western conference is just a speed bump for one team.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, without question.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances Silver goes all Vince McMahon/WWE and makes this thing go to 6 or 7 games just to try and save face on the league?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances Silver goes all Vince McMahon/WWE and makes this thing go to 6 or 7 games just to try and save face on the league?

This isprobably me being salty and biased, BUT... imo last night proves that this ain't happening. I'm not saying the officiating was horrible or even bad... but it def felt like the Warriors got plenty of benefit on calls.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isprobably me being salty and biased, BUT... imo last night proves that this ain't happening. I'm not saying the officiating was horrible or even bad... but it def felt like the Warriors got plenty of benefit on calls.

You got what 2 straight or 3 straight games in Cleveland? ( I keep forgetting if the Finals format changes from the rest of playoff). It would be easy for Silver to flip the switch and start giving CLE the calls. He knows its unlikely story for the Cavs to win, but the dude has to be sweating that this thing goes in 4 games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got what 2 straight or 3 straight games in Cleveland? ( I keep forgetting if the Finals format changes from the rest of playoff). It would be easy for Silver to flip the switch and start giving CLE the calls. He knows its unlikely story for the Cavs to win, but the dude has to be sweating that this thing goes in 4 games.

Its just 2. They switched back so the Finals are the same as every other round.