• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was this the WORST NBA Playoffs in history?

Was that the WORST playoffs in NBA history?

• Yes

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what to think. Both teams that lost in the conference finals basically lost their best player - both top 10 players in the league. Before those match ups it was bad yes.

At no point in their 3 home games, did the Celtics at any time have a lead that is even with have "Top 10 Superstar" Isiah Thomas. He made no difference, besides a lackluster second half of game 3, the Celtics were completely dominated. Leonard for the Spurs was a difference making injury not midget Isiah Thomas.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During my lifetime these years by far were the worst playoff years...

'80, '82, '85, '87, '88, '00, '01, '02, '09 & '10.:heh:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch the NBA anymore at all. Haven't seen more than 4-5 seconds at a time since at least 2005. And I don't even really pay attention to it either at this point. But being a general sports fan and watching ESPN and listening to sports talk radio in my car it's hard not to at least be aware of what's going on.

The truth is the whole NBA is a clusterfuck. The whole Stern Era concentrated power into the hands of superstars. It's no longer a team game, but you still have to have a collection of individuals who play well together. And now the Financials are so screwed up that it has basically become unworkable as a league going forward.

They originally set it up so teams could pay their own players more than other teams could offer. But by a king a soft limit on the actual salary cap, but a hard limit on individual contracts, basically every superstar makes the same salary as every "regular" star, who makes the same salary as every high end journeyman or role player. And while the slight difference of a couple million a season might matter to those high end role players, it's a drop in the bucket to those global superstars. Meaning the superstars can choose which teams they want to play for with impunity. Meaning this 1 or 2 super teams and a bunch of also ran is bound to become 3-4 super teams and a large collection of nothing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At no point in their 3 home games, did the Celtics at any time have a lead that is even with have "Top 10 Superstar" Isiah Thomas. He made no difference, besides a lackluster second half of game 3, the Celtics were completely dominated. Leonard for the Spurs was a difference making injury not midget Isiah Thomas.

Why do people continue to criticize Thomas?

First off, he isn't a superstar.

Second, he was playing through a torn muscle in his hip and was obviously far less than 100%. The fact that he gots his team as far as he did with all that happened along the way is a testament to him and his toughness.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people continue to criticize Thomas?

First off, he isn't a superstar.

Second, he was playing through a torn muscle in his hip and was obviously far less than 100%. The fact that he gots his team as far as he did with all that happened along the way is a testament to him and his toughness.

I guess my only criticism is that he is not a top 10 player. It performed great this postseason, but it wasn't enough to be a difference maker in the Cavs series. No way can someone honestly say, him getting hurt cost them the series.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably not old enough to say yay or nay but it tops my list for sure at the moment.

If we have an EPIC finals then that changes thing but if we get a boring finals where team a defeats team b in 5 games with only 1 of the games being decided by single digits then I think it would be....at least in the last 20-25 years.

I've been following the NBA since 1970. I honestly can't think of 1 that's worse. The only ones that I can think of that were even close would be the 2 seasons (once with Showtime and once with Shaq/Kobe) when the Lakers went through the Western Conference unbeaten.

Even then, there were other playoff series that were competitive and the Eastern Conference playoffs were competitive.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my only criticism is that he is not a top 10 player. It performed great this postseason, but it wasn't enough to be a difference maker in the Cavs series. No way can someone honestly say, him getting hurt cost them the series.

Who said it cost them the series? I think that going in to the series, virtually everyone gave the Celtics a "punchers chance" at best and even Celtics fans were saying they were just hoping the Celtics wouldn't embarrass themselves.

Not sure why you'd criticize IT for not being a top 10 player. He's still really good and was the Celtics best player.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it cost them the series? I think that going in to the series, virtually everyone gave the Celtics a "punchers chance" at best and even Celtics fans were saying they were just hoping the Celtics wouldn't embarrass themselves.

Not sure why you'd criticize IT for not being a top 10 player. He's still really good and was the Celtics best player.

It is not really a criticism, just saying he is not a top 10 player. Maybe in the future.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree he is not a top 10 player. In fact, I am not sure he is a top 20 player. But he had a damn good year. Look at the PG position alone. All of these guys rank ahead of Thomas (in no particular order):

Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Wall
Lillard
Kyrie
Chris Paul

While the Celtics would not have won the series with him, it would have been a hell of a lot more competitive if he were playing and healthy. The version of IT we saw in games 1 and 2 was hurting the team, not helping.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas is pretty dam tough to guard and one of the best players in the NBA in the 4th quarter. If he's not a top 10 player, then I'd say he's dam close.

Regardless, the Celts won the east and looked pretty bad against the Cavs despite hustling. The east is that bad and the playoffs have been pretty unwatchable.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is not a top 10 player. In fact, I am not sure he is a top 20 player. But he had a damn good year. Look at the PG position alone. All of these guys rank ahead of Thomas (in no particular order):

Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Wall
Lillard
Kyrie
Chris Paul

While the Celtics would not have won the series with him, it would have been a hell of a lot more competitive if he were playing and healthy. The version of IT we saw in games 1 and 2 was hurting the team, not helping.

Of the top 10 players in the league, their is 1 in the east outside of Cleveland? Wall? That shows had bad lebron's competition is.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the top 10 players in the league, their is 1 in the east outside of Cleveland? Wall? That shows had bad lebron's competition is.

That's why he's always chosen to stay in the east. Much easier road to the finals every year.

West teams beat each other up every year.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why he's always chosen to stay in the east. Much easier road to the finals every year.

West teams beat each other up every year.

ALR you watch your whore mouth!! He's the king!

U will be beheaded

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard, Kyle Lowry, Isaiah Thomas, Tony Parker, Blake Griffin, David Lee, Rajon Rondo, Markieff Morris, Nene, George Hill, Jusuf Nurkic

Fun times. Fun times.

We all want to watch injured teams featuring D-leaguer and bench warmers playing in the playoffs.

Blowouts Happen. Great teams dominating Happen.

But, freakish injuries making the games unwatchable replacement players doesnt always Happen.

WORST PLAYOFFS IN HISTORY.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard, Kyle Lowry, Isaiah Thomas, Tony Parker, Blake Griffin, David Lee, Rajon Rondo, Markieff Morris, Nene, George Hill, Jusuf Nurkic

Fun times. Fun times.

We all want to watch injured teams featuring D-leaguer and bench warmers playing in the playoffs.

Blowouts Happen. Great teams dominating Happen.

But, freakish injuries making the games unwatchable replacement players doesnt always Happen.

WORST PLAYOFFS IN HISTORY.

All true, until June 1. Two superteams totally healthy ready to go.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been following the NBA since 1970. I honestly can't think of 1 that's worse. The only ones that I can think of that were even close would be the 2 seasons (once with Showtime and once with Shaq/Kobe) when the Lakers went through the Western Conference unbeaten.
Even then, there were other playoff series that were competitive and the Eastern Conference playoffs were competitive.

There were some bad playoffs in the 70s. Lakers, Bucks, Bullets, Blazers (Walton dominated), Warriors, Supersonics -- I don't remember a lot of drama in those. But it was interesting to watch different teams win it.

This year the first rounds have sucked -- but the finals will be really memorable (like last year) if it goes at least 6 ... or 7.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we just have two of the best offensive teams of all-time, kinda hard to stop that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day I saw some highlights of a playoff game from a while back, there were 10 seconds to go and Tayshaun Prince blocked Reggie Miller's shot to preserve a 2 point lead for the win. The score was 69-67.

So, y'know...