• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Worst GM in the NBA

Who is the worst GM currently in the NBA?

• Nico Harrison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitch Kupchak

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Daryl Morey

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Rafael Stone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Cronin

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discuss. Again, fresh out of potato salad. Sorry. :noidea:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a limited list, not including some of the worst teams in the league.
Would be nice to include teams names as well for those of us who don’t have all the gms committed to memory.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to include teams names as well for those of us who don’t have all the gms committed to memory.

In order: Mavs, Hornets, Sixers (although Morey is technically the president), Rockets, Blazers

Of those? I guess it's Kupchak. Morey isn't the GM, Blazers are right to hold Dame until they get the right deal, Rockets made some overpays this summer, but have amassed a lot of young pieces. Mavs are at least trying, if unfortunately tied to Kyrie's whims.

There are likely worse options. Ujiri/Webster combo has been maddening of late.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Elton Brand is the Sixers GM, but out of that list i'm picking Morey.

The fact the Sixers have had a TON of star power over the last few years in Embiid, Simmons, Jimmy and Harden, and never even made it as far as the Conference Finals, says a lot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Elton Brand is the Sixers GM, but out of that list i'm picking Morey.

The fact the Sixers have had a TON of star power over the last few years in Embiid, Simmons, Jimmy and Harden, and never even made it as far as the Conference Finals, says a lot.

Is that on the GM? Seems they're bringing in talent. Of course, the decision to move Jimmy was horrible, but drafting Simmons was the right move. When he was almost untradeable, getting Harden for him was good value. Maybe the real issue has been the coaching choices by that front office.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that on the GM? Seems they're bringing in talent. Of course, the decision to move Jimmy was horrible, but drafting Simmons was the right move. When he was almost untradeable, getting Harden for him was good value. Maybe the real issue has been the coaching choices by that front office.

Ultimately of course it's on the GM. They are the one responsible at the end of the day, whether it be player, or coaching choices.

People were ripping the shit out of Rob Pelinka when he traded for Westbrook and the team was in the shit for almost two years. Then he made the trade at the deadline and the team makes the Western Finals.

Sometimes a trade like Simmons for Harden seems like the right move, but then it backfires you need to take the blame.

I feel bad for the Sixers fans. They've heard "Trust the process" for a decade now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately of course it's on the GM. They are the one responsible at the end of the day, whether it be player, or coaching choices.

People were ripping the shit out of Rob Pelinka when he traded for Westbrook and the team was in the shit for almost two years. Then he made the trade at the deadline and the team makes the Western Finals.

Sometimes a trade like Simmons for Harden seems like the right move, but then it backfires you need to take the blame.

I feel bad for the Sixers fans. They've heard "Trust the process" for a decade now.

I think he's gone soon, just don't think he's at the bottom (plus he's not the GM).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, it goes back to the GM.

Even though the Westbrook trade was pushed for by Lebron and AD, Pelinka got to carry most of the blame for it...just as he gets the credit for the trades that led to them making the WCF.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it goes back to the GM.

Even though the Westbrook trade was pushed for by Lebron and AD, Pelinka got to carry most of the blame for it...just as he gets the credit for the trades that led to them making the WCF.

...or the GM's boss

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a bitter bitch and I had the audacity to criticize his Pacers. This is him trying to get under my skin by posting a poll almost immediately after he called out Daryl Morey in another post to me. Do you know the OP? He has serious psychological issues. The state of Indiana is an amalgamation of weirdos but he is stranger than most.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discuss. Again, fresh out of potato salad. Sorry. :noidea:
Kinda weird to include Nico Harrison since he's only been GM for two years and the Mavericks went to the Western Conference Finals year before last.
Plus he has to work for Mark Cuban - who's almost as bad as Jerry Jones.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a bitter bitch and I had the audacity to criticize his Pacers. This is him trying to get under my skin by posting a poll almost immediately after he called out Daryl Morey in another post to me. Do you know the OP? He has serious psychological issues. The state of Indiana is an amalgamation of weirdos but he is stranger than most.
Nah it has nothing to do with the obnoxious Harden saga that continues to drag on...

The fact that you cant even get our commissioner's name right suggests you're not actually here to talk basketball.

For the record, @logic and I have been acquainted since about 2008 from our CBS days.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda weird to include Nico Harrison since he's only been GM for two years and the Mavericks went to the Western Conference Finals year before last.
Plus he has to work for Mark Cuban - who's almost as bad as Jerry Jones.
  • Traded Porzingis for Bertans
  • Signed 35 YO JaVale McGee for three years
  • Essentially let Brunson walk
  • An eight-figure annual extension for Kleiber
  • Traded DFS AND a first for Kyrie
No props to Cuban, but yeah Harrison belongs...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah it has nothing to do with the obnoxious Harden saga that continues to drag on...

The fact that you cant even get our commissioner's name right suggests you're not actually here to talk basketball.

For the record, @logic and I have been acquainted since about 2008 from our CBS days.

You didn't even name the Sixers' GM, you named the President.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude really thinks he should get Dame plus picks for Harden. So much for Embiid actually having a "prime" with such a delusional FO decision maker.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Colangelo.

What a bitchy faggot with a demented son.

Never won shit.

Couldn't even win the coin toss for Lew Alcindor.

Half his players died or ended up in drug scandals.

Also worked to move an ice hockey team from canada where they play hockey and have ice to the fucking mexican desert.

A complete piece of shit and loser.