• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was this the WORST NBA Playoffs in history?

Was that the WORST playoffs in NBA history?

• Yes

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was pretty bad. The only 4 teams that I thought had any type of shot of winning it all were GS, Cleveland, SA, and Houston. I'd say hopefully the finals are entertaining but I want to see a 30 point GS blowout 4 games straight.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
94/95 was pretty bad though. The playoffs were exciting until the finals but after all the hype watching the Rockets abuse the Magic was a huge letdown.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
94/95 was pretty bad though. The playoffs were exciting until the finals but after all the hype watching the Rockets abuse the Magic was a huge letdown.

I prefer an exciting first 3 rounds and a bad finals instead of a bad first 3 rounds and a good finals.

The first 3 rounds take about a month and a half roughly. The finals depending on how long the series is may only last a week or so, I can deal with a bad week of basketball instead of a bad 5 or 6 weeks

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer an exciting first 3 rounds and a bad finals instead of a bad first 3 rounds and a good finals.

The first 3 rounds take about a month and a half roughly. The finals depending on how long the series is may only last a week or so, I can deal with a bad week of basketball instead of a bad 5 or 6 weeks

My problem with the series is you had the GOAT post footwork player of all time against a guy that was clearly going to be the most physically dominant center of all time before he retired and Hakeem schooled him. That was a huge let-down. I was thinking 7 games and the Mighty Shaq got a lesson from the old man at the park.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with the series is you had the GOAT post footwork player of all time against a guy that was clearly going to be the most physically dominant center of all time before he retired and Hakeem schooled him. That was a huge let-down. I was thinking 7 games and the Mighty Shaq got a lesson from the old man at the park.

To this day, because of what Hakeem did to him in that series, Shaq calls him "Mr. Olajuwon."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this day, because of what Hakeem did to him in that series, Shaq calls him "Mr. Olajuwon."

As he should.

Fortunately for him, Shaq was able to recover. The rest of his boys were not. The Magic looked like a budding force, then it all ended before it began.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he should.

Fortunately for him, Shaq was able to recover. The rest of his boys were not. The Magic looked like a budding force, then it all ended before it began.

That's right. Hadn't even thought of that. Yeah, that Magic team fell apart pretty quickly after that series.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHAQ did not play poorly
In fact, you could argue he was fucking dominant versus Akeem in return.

It is a myth.
People want to attach the performances of Ewing and Robinson (who got killed) to Shaq as well.

He gets a raw deal historically, but he was nothing short of awesome versus Hakeem.
Had Nick Anderson not missed 4 freethrows in arguably the biggest finals choke, they easily win game 1.

The Rockets perimeter players stepped up WHILE Nick Anderson went into a coma after the game 1 choke.
I dont think Anderson ever recovered, and was out of the league within a few years mentally shattered.

Clyde Drexler was arguably (arguably) the best player on the floor in that series....people forget him.
He was a man possessed in desperation mode chasing that elusive first ring and not to be denied.

Cant blame SHAQ for that series.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHAQ did not play poorly
In fact, you could argue he was fucking dominant versus Akeem in return.

It is a myth.
People want to attach the performances of Ewing and Robinson (who got killed) to Shaq as well.

He gets a raw deal historically, but he was nothing short of awesome versus Hakeem.
Had Nick Anderson not missed 4 freethrows in arguably the biggest finals choke, they easily win game 1.

The Rockets perimeter players stepped up WHILE Nick Anderson went into a coma after the game 1 choke.
I dont think Anderson ever recovered, and was out of the league within a few years mentally shattered.

Clyde Drexler was arguably (arguably) the best player on the floor in that series....people forget him.
He was a man possessed in desperation mode chasing that elusive first ring and not to be denied.

Cant blame SHAQ for that series.

I don't think anyone blames Shaq for that loss, but even Shaq says that Hakeem took him to school.

Hakeem averaged 33 points and 13 rebounds in that series.

Shaq played well averaging 28 and 12, but Hakeem outplayed him overall and his team won in a sweep.

Last edited:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakeem averaged 33 points and 13 rebounds in that series.

Shaq played well averaging 28 and 12, but Hakeem outplayed him overall and his team won in a sweep.

Akeem shot 48% 11.5 rebounds not 13
Shaq shot 60%

Shaq was doubled on 67% of his touches.
Hakeem was doubled on 60% of his touches.

Hakeem never dunked on or blocked Shaq
Shaq dunked twice on Hakeem and blocked him twice

Shaq guarding Akeem: Akeem shot 41%, and grabbed 1 ORB over Shaq
Akeem guarding Shaq: Shaq shot 56% and grabbed 3 ORBS over Akeem

Akeem shot 57% when guarded by Horace Grant!!

Shaq on the bench, the Rockets +12
Akeem on the bench, the Rockets barely missed a beat +11

The ROCKETS supporting cast played like crazed madmen. Clyde Drexler was Godlike in that series.
The MAGIC supporting cast were very uneven and Anderson was horrible.

For whatever reason, Shaq is overly deferential in praising Akeem.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq shot 60%

The ROCKETS supporting cast played like crazed madmen. Clyde Drexler was Godlike in that series.

I'm actually old enough to have seen the series and the Rockets ran everything through Olajuwan. They'd kick it in and he'd kick it back out and they'd rotate around it. Olajuwan was the Rockets for those two seasons and the entire offensive strategy was build around his skill-set. He has the best footwork I've ever seen for a center and #2 for a big man behind McHale. And he's also one of the best passing centers of all time. Shaq had his numbers but the Magic looked like 5 individuals on the court. The Rockets looked like a team. I'm not knocking Shaq because he was so young but watching him go up against Hakeem it was clear that the Dream had a better concept of what winning basketball was.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq shot 60%

You need to tell Shaq that then, because he says Hakeem schooled him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have one of the greatest teams every assembled playing against one of the greatest players of all time with both sides playing at their peak and more or less fully healthy.

Somehow that equals the worst NBA playoffs of all time? I'm guessing you think this because you don't like the 2 teams we all knew would be in the finals last July.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have one of the greatest teams every assembled playing against one of the greatest players of all time with both sides playing at their peak and more or less fully healthy.

Somehow that equals the worst NBA playoffs of all time? I'm guessing you think this because you don't like the 2 teams we all knew would be in the finals last July.

That's part of it for some but up to the Finals its been pretty turrible. Yes the Finals are probably going to be a great matchup but it's not wrong to say up to now the playoffs have sucked.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of it for some but up to the Finals its been pretty turrible. Yes the Finals are probably going to be a great matchup but it's not wrong to say up to now the playoffs have sucked.

The playoffs have been terrible because the finalists were a fait accompli. Everyone knew who was going to be in the NBA finals last July.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs have been terrible because the finalists were a fait accompli. Everyone knew who was going to be in the NBA finals last July.

That's one reason, but if there had been any actual competition on the way there it would have helped a lot. A lot of us were looking forward to healthy Spurs vs Warriors and we didn't even get that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one reason, but if there had been any actual competition on the way there it would have helped a lot. A lot of us were looking forward to healthy Spurs vs Warriors and we didn't even get that.

Some unfortunate injuries helped both the Warriors and Cavs but does anyone seriously think that a fully healthy Spurs or Celtics team was going to knock of either one of these teams?