• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Walkie Talkie Gate"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh. The old "I'm just a caveman defense. I didn't know no better."

Either that

Or he thought he wouldn't be caught on national TV using them

Ill go with the one thing that actually makes sense

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Conflates the instances now. Can you tell me what the PSI in the balls were during the Ravens game?

Or how about this one:

"Did the Ravens lodge a formal complaint?"

I really wish this wasn't so hypocritically predictable.

"I swear officer, this is the first time I drank and got behind the wheel"

Pleaaase kneegrow, let the homer shine through a little less

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The pats beat the Ravens 45-7"

Actually it was the against the Colts in the AFCG, they barely beat the Ravens the week before. They scored 17 points cheating with underinflated balls and 28 in the second half and Brady went 12-12 to start off the 3rd Q with the properly inflated balls. Bottom line is that BB was a dumbass in 07 after getting Goodell's memo saying you could film from press boxes but definiitely not the sidelines. He does this against his former DC coach Mangini to boot vs the Jets :L dope of the decade award Bill. And Brady is another dumbass for having air taken out, when the ball wobbles and isnt as accurate in cold weather. Both moves in my opinion were 2 of the worst in sports history, and unfortunately gives Kraft and his organization a black eye for life

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was the against the Colts in the AFCG, they barely beat the Ravens the week before. They scored 17 points cheating with underinflated balls and 28 in the second half and Brady went 12-12 to start off the 3rd Q with the properly inflated balls. Bottom line is that BB was a dumbass in 07 after getting Goodell's memo saying you could film from press boxes but definiitely not the sidelines. He does this against his former DC coach Mangini to boot vs the Jets :L dope of the decade award Bill. And Brady is another dumbass for having air taken out, when the ball wobbles and isnt as accurate in cold weather. Both moves in my opinion were 2 of the worst in sports history, and unfortunately gives Kraft and his organization a black eye for life

I like your style

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The prison food may be affecting your brain.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I swear officer, this is the first time I drank and got behind the wheel"

Pleaaase kneegrow, let the homer shine through a little less

I want all of Eli's text messages published.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh Jesus, now you've done it.

Cue Ideal Gas Law posts from you-know-who.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell with Mara and his red-headed mini-me.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, don't think it impacted wins and losses........But the perpetrator who has a long criminal rapsheet, will get treated harsher than a first time offender

Ill always believe the Pats were punished like they were for a recent history of shady activity, as much as they were punished for that one incident

Whether that's right or wrong, will be a debate that lasts a lifetime

And you will always be wrong, because you fell for media spin.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference in penalties is for cooperation, but as you stated earlier, it was caught on national TV.

Cooperation shouldn't matter, and keep in mind the NFL team stated in court that Brady and the NFLPA cooperated to the fullest. The not cooperating thing comes from media spin when the NFL was leaking information, but as soon as it got to court they changed their tune.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho Hum... How quickly people have forgotten the footballs in "question" weren't used in the 2nd half and yet that's when the Patriots were better...

this was the first time PSI was even brought up if I am not mistaken so perhaps a message had to have been sent (even though the league didn't give two shits about it)... But if the league truly was trying to "protect" the integrity of the game then they should have come down harder on the Giants then they did.

With that said... NO the warlike talkies didn't so shit for the win.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooperation shouldn't matter, and keep in mind the NFL team stated in court that Brady and the NFLPA cooperated to the fullest. The not cooperating thing comes from media spin when the NFL was leaking information, but as soon as it got to court they changed their tune.
I agree cooperation shouldn't have played a role and from the beginning I said the league over punished, but we all know Brady didn't fully cooperate. The punishment should have been the same maube less than NY got for the walkie talkies. Goodell became butt hurt when Brady didn't kiss his ass. For the record I think most of us would have done all we could to deny tampering or knowledge of tampering.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao

Bunch of experts on the how walky talkies effect wins and losses

"I'm so offended"

Man up females
Is cheating cheating? Or do you tell your children sometimes there little white lie cheating? No problem every accusation of cheating comes with an asterik. Here's the one for the Giants*

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, agree to dis-agree....The Giants offense made one play all night long, like so many of their wins this year, its the same one play they always hit on

No, I don't think the walkie talkies had anything to do with them hitting the same 7 yard slant and
yelling "Run" to OBJ, that they have hit all season long
Tom Brady has thrown multiple TDs with footballs that have and likely have not been measured after each throw. So does a deflated ball make a difference? We all know the reason the legal communications are cut off with 15 seconds left is so coaches don't have an unfair advantage of telling a QB what changes the D is making.
So we have a coach cheating on national tv (pretty hard to argue you didn't do it) verses a suspected deflation of balls never proven and debunked by science. The team caught red handed gets a slap on the wrist. The team that was never found to have cheated gets loss of picks, suspension and fines because TB didn't fully cooperate per the same people who tried to convince all of us NE cheated with zero proof.

Look I honestly don't care what happened or didn't happen as it relates to Deflategate, Walkie Talkie Gate or this last accusation that Pittsburgh deflated balls. But everyone of us should agree that Godell's kangaroo court and lack of anything closely resembling consistency WRT punishments is a joke. Something needs to be done. Because as Pat fans have been saying your team could be next.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The walkie talkies were used due to communication issues with the headsets

Lets not act as if the Giants said "lets use the walkies, no one will see us"
Now I understand. They had communication issues. That throws all the rules out the window. Geesh why didn't you just say so. I wonder what you would be claiming if there was some scientific proof to back your claim?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the Giants should have the win stripped

As soon as the Pats have their SB stripped
I'm all for that. As soon as the NFL proves NE cheated. Not a vendetta because Roger was butt hurt after wasting 5 mil and looking like an ass.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they use it on the touchdown pass to OBJ?

And you know there is no proof the Pats deflated balls to outside the league parameters in other games right? But if we're going to play that game, how do we know the Giants haven't been secretly using walkie talkie to illegally call in plays?
You know what they say. Once a cheater always a cheater. How else are the Giants cheating? Strange coincidence like the spygate tapes, the random psi checks and now the audio from the walkie talkie conversation not being released. Yeah I believe Roger they didn't communicate after the 15 second mark. Or it was only 5 minutes worth. Hey Roger is an upstanding citizen.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what they say. Once a cheater always a cheater. How else are the Giants cheating? Strange coincidence like the spygate tapes, the random psi checks and now the audio from the walkie talkie conversation not being released. Yeah I believe Roger they didn't communicate after the 15 second mark. Or it was only 5 minutes worth. Hey Roger is an upstanding citizen.

I think Tom Curran has it right - the Giants probably have a sense of entitlement since their owner is in tight with Roger. If they do get caught doing something - John "the fixer" Mara will smooth things over with the league office.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree cooperation shouldn't have played a role and from the beginning I said the league over punished, but we all know Brady didn't fully cooperate. The punishment should have been the same maube less than NY got for the walkie talkies. Goodell became butt hurt when Brady didn't kiss his ass. For the record I think most of us would have done all we could to deny tampering or knowledge of tampering.

How did he not cooperate? The NFL team said he cooperated fully.