• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT vs. GT - 9/3/12

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell by Johnson's demeanor, and his pussy keep-away offense that he was without a doubt, bullied as a child, and i assume as an adult as well.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I respect PJ as a coach. You can't deny he's a genius with that offense and I don't think he teaches chop blocking. Cut blocking which I hate but not chop blocking

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of cut blocking, but we've done it too. It is within the rules and expectations of the game. I've always thought GT is more prone to committing a chop block violation simply by their offensive strategies and blocking style. I agree it's not intentionally coached.

I will say that GT at times gets extra leeway with cut blocks not delivered to the front of the defender (block in the back). However, as much as they rely on that cut technique, it becomes similar to the arguement of "you could call holding on every offensive play." It's a balance.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Virginia Tech football individual game tickets on sale

wtf!!! are we really not gonna sell out?! we've sold out every game since 1998...

They'll unload the tickets on students and guests at the last minute. I am 100% confident all tickets will be distributed. This happens every once and awhile when an opponent doesn't travel well. Monday night isn't exactly the best time for a game either.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell by Johnson's demeanor, and his pussy keep-away offense that he was without a doubt, bullied as a child, and i assume as an adult as well.

lol, i couldnt put my finger on it...but that has to be it!

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aye they are likely the GT allocated tickets they didnt distribute

i heard there was less than 200 tickets left, is that correct, if so then no worries. and yes its the GT tickets that didn't sell

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope the weather holds up monday night

Lane Stadium evacuation plan gets striking upgrade - Roanoke.com
When lightning is within 15 miles of Lane Stadium, fans will be warned by the public address announcer in case they want to evacuate. When the lightning is within 8 miles, the game will be stopped and fans will be ordered to leave the stands.

current forecast for monday night in Blacksburg is 79 degrees, Scattered Thunderstorms, 40% chance of rain

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope the weather holds up monday night

Lane Stadium evacuation plan gets striking upgrade - Roanoke.com
When lightning is within 15 miles of Lane Stadium, fans will be warned by the public address announcer in case they want to evacuate. When the lightning is within 8 miles, the game will be stopped and fans will be ordered to leave the stands.

current forecast for monday night in Blacksburg is 79 degrees, Scattered Thunderstorms, 40% chance of rain

A lot more reasonable than the NASCAR race at Pocono when lightning killed a guy. They literally let the storm get to the crowd and just "advised" people to take shelter.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heather Dinich predicitions:

Virginia Tech 31, Georgia Tech 20: Did I mention this game is in Lane Stadium? Virginia Tech will come out fired up by its home-field advantage and force a fumble or a turnover that gives the Hokies the momentum early. The Hokies have questions on offense, yes, but it’s going to be Bud Foster’s defense that is the difference in this game.

:thumb:

Virginia 24, Richmond 21: The Spiders, coached by quarterback Michael Rocco’s uncle, will keep things interesting against the Hoos. The familiarity between the coaching staffs will make this game better than it should be, as UVa coach Mike London was formerly the Richmond coach, and it is his alma mater.

:dhd:

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I quit taking HD seriously a long time ago. I am ecstatic she picked against us.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think UR is supposed to be very good this year. While I'd love to see them play UVA close, I just don't see it happening.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heather Dinich predicitions:

Virginia Tech 31, Georgia Tech 20: Did I mention this game is in Lane Stadium? Virginia Tech will come out fired up by its home-field advantage and force a fumble or a turnover that gives the Hokies the momentum early. The Hokies have questions on offense, yes, but it’s going to be Bud Foster’s defense that is the difference in this game.

:thumb:

Virginia 24, Richmond 21: The Spiders, coached by quarterback Michael Rocco’s uncle, will keep things interesting against the Hoos. The familiarity between the coaching staffs will make this game better than it should be, as UVa coach Mike London was formerly the Richmond coach, and it is his alma mater.

:dhd:

HD's writing (stopped reading a year or so ago) always made me think I could do so much better. Then I remembered back in English class how I hated being forced to write shit with certain word counts by certain dates so I'd probably just mail it in exactly like she does.

"Virginia Tech blahblah 10 wins blahblah Bud Foster defense! FSU wins"

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't think UR is supposed to be very good this year. While I'd love to see them play UVA close, I just don't see it happening.

Agreed. Richmond didn't even win a CAA game last season. They did beat somehow beat Duke, but they couldn't beat anyone of note after that and got spanked acouple times. From what I've seen and heard in the area, UofR isn't going to be too much better this year. London left them with little to work with, and then they had coaching problems. They're just about bottomed out and starting to rebuild. Hoos win big.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BillDozerVT is becoming a legend .. pumped

[YOUTUBE]KFiacAh-L5U[/YOUTUBE]

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2