• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Basketball Week 9: Dec. 31 - Jan. 6, @Maryland

mrjhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still cant guard the 3 point line.
Nope. We're shooting a little better than the last couple games but still getting killed over the same deficiencies (rebounding & defense).

mrjhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Eddie's lack of offense and scoring is killing us.

mrjhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halftime down 16. The only difference from last game is we made a few extra shots. Unfortunately this team is a defensive train wreck.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No minutes for Barksdale and Eddie is invisible again. WTF is going on?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as a comparison, Duke has all 5 starters average 30+ minutes. Only Green and Eddie average 30+ minutes. Brown has 28.6

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Eddie doesn't shoot well, it seems like he just pouts and gives shit effort in both sides of the court.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp the good news is we play BC, Wake, GT and UVA next.

1-4. You heard it here first. :L

Same shit, different day. That sums up the game today. It was never in doubt. Maryland put on a clinic. Offense still lacks flow and consistency. They can't figure out how to play fast AND smart. They just play fast. A lot of Brown and Eddie's shooting woes are from rushed shots or they'll dribble around chaotically, get themselves trapped, and then jack up a shot. Defense is still a giant mess. Too often guys just don't know what they're doing. Several times today I saw all 5 guys chasing a MD player with the ball who got in the lane. Think about that. What happens when all 5 guys are watching one guy? The other 4 guys are open. MD easily passed out and yet again, a team has a career day shooting 3s. To make sad situation even more sad, all 5 of our guys can be in the paint yet none of them could come away with a rebound.

I think I'm more disappointed in myself. I set low expectations at the start of this season. After the first couple of games, I think I even posted on here that the hot shooting was fool's gold and I saw some shaky trends. But I threw that theory out when we beat OK St, figuring the bad things would smooth over in time. This team stinks. Throw out the 7-0 start. JJ needs to start practice with Basketball 101.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really worried about the future of the program. im looking at the team and i just dont see where the potential will be for a while. raines doesnt fit the system, barksdale has regressed, brown still plays way out of control, green is graduating, and eddie has 1 year left. it will take a while to turn this thing around unless we get a great class a-la delaney's class. still cant believe we didnt make the tournament with them...

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really worried about the future of the program. im looking at the team and i just dont see where the potential will be for a while. raines doesnt fit the system, barksdale has regressed, brown still plays way out of control, green is graduating, and eddie has 1 year left. it will take a while to turn this thing around unless we get a great class a-la delaney's class. still cant believe we didnt make the tournament with them...
The recruiting class is pretty good imo. A lot of our recruits are underrated and they have a lot of room to grow. We get two nice combo guards in Clark and Emelogu. Clark might start on day one. We get one center who has the body to play in the ACC (6'9" 235 lbs) from day one in Kirby and has a range out to 15 feet or so. Thompson (6'11" 205 lbs and still growing!) is a project center and has a lot of untapped potential. We also get another combo guard in Adam Smith who has already shown he can score against ACC competition.

The only thing we didn't get in this class is another athletic wing, but I think we're okay there.

Last edited by a moderator: