• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Basketball Week 9: Dec. 31 - Jan. 6, @Maryland

mrjhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really worried about the future of the program. im looking at the team and i just dont see where the potential will be for a while. raines doesnt fit the system, barksdale has regressed, brown still plays way out of control, green is graduating, and eddie has 1 year left. it will take a while to turn this thing around unless we get a great class a-la delaney's class. still cant believe we didnt make the tournament with them...
You are right to be worried. Green is the only reliable scorer on this team. Hopefully Adam Smith may be a player who can consistently provide offense. Past that its hard to even guess. We've seen what Eddie and Brown can do so there's nothing to bank on there. Barksdale appears to be on a Lewis Witcher type of track and may not even still have his scholly next season. Raines plays sometimes and doesn't at other times. On the positive side I'm encouraged about JVZ and Wood getting better and making solid contributions in defense and rebounding, but not sure about scoring. Rankin doesn't appear to be a scorer. Then you have the freshman class. Some decent prospects, but can't really count on any of them coming in and making a significant offensive contribution (after all they are freshmen). I just don't see a lot from the scoring end of things right now. Of course defense and rebounding will have to improve. JJ says he needs more bodies to play his style and he will at least have that next season so we will see. But even so, someone has to put the ball through the hoop. I think if I was JJ I would be taking a hard look at some JUCO's that might be able to help us next year. I know that's frowned on but jeez we're not even competitive.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really worried about the future of the program. im looking at the team and i just dont see where the potential will be for a while. raines doesnt fit the system, barksdale has regressed, brown still plays way out of control, green is graduating, and eddie has 1 year left. it will take a while to turn this thing around unless we get a great class a-la delaney's class. still cant believe we didnt make the tournament with them...

I'm with Croc. Just wait and see first on the next class. I've come to the conclusion a lot of the struggles we see now are in part due to a busted class that didn't pan out. Rankin stinks, Brown is average but not good (he didn't shoot well last year either), Barksdale is trending towards bust, and Doe-Doe transferred. Greenberg's last class doesn't appear to have panned out and we're dealing with the results

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
dont know if anyone else is watching the GT game but someone needs to *gif the GT player backpeddling and falling down with no one around him. Number "0".

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
and wtf is up with the score keeping in this game. THey are giving GT our points and us theirs and sometimes not even counting baskets. Hope its just the TV people and not at the scorers table. WTF :noidea:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like we are getting good looks but we are getting blocked or missing layups plus the bullshit charge call.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
is beyer a WO?

if not i got some bad things to say bout him.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aw dont tell me we're gonna lose on another buzzer beater

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might have been a better idea to just run off the miss. Oh well. 10-2 run to end regulation.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good penetration and kick to Eddie by Brown. It seems like our hAlf court offense needs some offball adjustments. Looks like Green gets doubled on the p&r and we just sit around and look confused.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how much better our half court offense looks when guys not named Erick Green score.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we got this one. I really think they kind of gave it to us. We really need one or two more good players, like DFS and Harrell if they stayed...I'm just hoping Erick Green's success can lure in some top point guards that are left that want to follow in his footsteps

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we got this one. I really think they kind of gave it to us. We really need one or two more good players, like DFS and Harrell if they stayed...I'm just hoping Erick Green's success can lure in some top point guards that are left that want to follow in his footsteps

We got some pretty good combo guards coming in.