• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Basketball Week 4: Nov. 26 - Dec. 2, Iowa, Oklahoma St.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown's drive is a huge improvement from last year. Hope the steal and dunk by Green is a momentum swing for us.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCSU and FSU are getting spanked. It's up to VT to win one for the ACC

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCSU and FSU are getting spanked. It's up to VT to win one for the ACC

NCSU must be determined to spite all those who ranked them so high in the preseason

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V is for Victory.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didnt think that was a travel on Rankin. He was still bringing down his dribble when he stumbled.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We looked completely re-energized, both the players and fanbase. I'm impressed.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, this team is everything a Seth Greenberg team was not. And it is very welcomed.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really struggled and became super stagnant versus the zone. Not sure why Iowa didn't go back to it more.

I also really like the way Barksdale has came to play the last few games. I really like his midrange jumper. I think he is really good from 13-16 maybe 17 feet. It seems like he's taking his jumpers a few steps closer than he was earlier in the year.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, this team is everything a Seth Greenberg team was not. And it is very welcomed.
I agree, but I'm not sure we've played a very good defense to test our offense yet. I also fear for our defense. Iowa couldn't hit the broad side of the barn wide open from 3 point range but tore us up on midrange jumpers and layups/dunks.

I will say this. We saw a HUGE step in rebounding against a team with a lot of length. Eddie pulled down some big ones, but we had a very good team rebounding effort.

Surprised Will Johnston didn't get more minutes. That guy is automatic. We should play a zone when he comes in because he seems a bit overmatched in man. I really think he could help break open a 2-3 zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I'm not sure we've played a very good defense to test our offense yet. I also fear for our defense. Iowa couldn't hit the broad side of the barn wide open from 3 point range but tore us up on midrange jumpers and layups/dunks.

I will say this. We saw a HUGE step in rebounding against a team with a lot of length. Eddie pulled down some big ones, but we had a very good team rebounding effort.

Agreed with your first point, but we are finding a way to put away teams that we should beat. No chance we're 6-0 if Seth was at the helm. We would have dropped at least one, and would be playing down to the level of our competition.

For as low as my expectations were coming into this season, I have been very impressed, and no way we finish last in the ACC, as predicted.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with your first point, but we are finding a way to put away teams that we should beat. No chance we're 6-0 if Seth was at the helm. We would have dropped at least one, and would be playing down to the level of our competition.

For as low as my expectations were coming into this season, I have been very impressed, and no way we finish last in the ACC, as predicted.
We really didn't have a bad loss in OOC play last year. The worst team we lost to was Minnesota who made the NIT finals.

I am not sure how much the Iowa team changed, but they were on the same level last year as Minnesota.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great all around game by the Hokies tonight. Got a little lazy mid-way through the second half to let Iowa back in it, but otherwise I was pretty impressed. Joey V. and Barksdale showed up tonight and played well and Erick Green has turned into a stud. Eddie had an off night and we still scored 90+. I'd like to see a better effort on the defensive end. Teams with elite bigs will give us fits.....Duke, Maryland.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenberg was not a good coach. That's why I do not expect any legitimate team to hire him. His understanding of the game seemed very elementary and he did not have the respect of all the players.

If we look good against OK State this weekend, then I will definitely be sold. Regardless, this team looks like it will exceed expectations this year.