• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is a greater need at LB especially if Harris sticks. Plus they'll always be able to bring in RB talent when they need it. It seems like it's been tougher for the staff to get good LBs lately. I would rather Edmunds play LB. The talk about him playing both ways is probably just talk. If he wants to play LB at all then that's where he's got to spend most if not all of his practice time. RB is more instinctual and something you don't need to practice as much
There is potential talk of both ways but as of today he will start out as RB.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trey goes both ways? Wow, I knew recruiting was getting intense, but this is just a whole new level of personal.

Nortazhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green grabbed his 35th offer last night from Houston

Who would you say leads for Green right now?

Bama? Clemson? OSU? If nothing else I would think Tech sits in his top-5 at least right now.

Clemson just got a verbal from 4-star RB Tyshon Dye out of Georgia yesterday. That may help us with Green, as some have speculated that Green was very high on Clemson.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson just got a verbal from 4-star RB Tyshon Dye out of Georgia yesterday. That may help us with Green, as some have speculated that Green was very high on Clemson.

It definitely helps.

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it doesnt really help, we still have 3-4 backs from last years class to use and michael holmes xP

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. He wants ti visit VT for a game. He REALLY liked Auburn yesterday though

yep, but i heard somewhere that he preferred a more traditional Iform offense which double whammies Cemson and knocks AU down a peg...ps this came from a friend :grouphug:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Franklin‏@Cavs_Corner

At #ACCKickoff, asked #VT’s Kyle Fuller if he’d let younger brother and 5-star recruit Kendall go to Clemson. His quick response? “No.”

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Green loves the Auburn campus. It is a beautiful campus. Spread out, lots of character, and simply exudes southern charm with a victorian flair.

The live oaks are something to behold, as are the Magnolias.

But, the best time to visit is in the spring, when the azaleas are in full bloom. The place is simply beautiful.

The whole atmosphere is that of a slow, peaceful place. I had the same feeling my first time there.

Derrick stated that he will visit AU twice more, once on an official visit. Sometimes, when it gets warm in December, the azaleas bloom early. If he visits then, his mom will fall in love with the place.

IMO, Oxford is a far prettier place, and Memphis is a short drive for fun. Yet, Derrick didn't have the same feel at Ole Miss that he did with Auburn. If Derrick met with Hugh Freeze, I know he will be impressed. Visiting Bama, Auburn, are really eye openers. Great athletic facilities, and simply beautiful, peaceful places. If he wants to be a Tiger, Auburn is better than Clemson.

Just don't speed. Damn expensive tickets.

Too bad Derrick has stone hands. Now that he is buck, putting his 265 lb doughboy days behind him, he needs to learn to catch the damn ball, no matter where he goes. If Auburn can sell that to him, they will be very hard to overcome.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Derrick met with Hugh Freeze, I know he will be impressed.

4-star running back Derrick Green says Freeze's energy is speaking to him...

Freeze is going to turn the Rebels around. The guy is very impressive. I watched his SEC media day talk on cable, and can honestly say that Ive never seen a football coach with leadership skills like his.

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen
Four-star RB Derrick Green, on his visit to #OleMiss: “They’re definitely up there, no question about it.” My story. Scout.com: 'Eye-opening visit'

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Isaiah Gourdine committed to Cincinnati today, he was offered a unique GS opportunity after camp last week but (I assume) he could not perform the requirements necessary.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Gourdine committed to Cincinnati today, he was offered a unique GS opportunity after camp last week but (I assume) he could not perform the requirements necessary.

????

Expand Evan. I am being nosey and curious...