• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star running back Derrick Green says Freeze's energy is speaking to him...

Freeze is going to turn the Rebels around. The guy is very impressive. I watched his SEC media day talk on cable, and can honestly say that Ive never seen a football coach with leadership skills like his.

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen
Four-star RB Derrick Green, on his visit to #OleMiss: “They’re definitely up there, no question about it.” My story. Scout.com: 'Eye-opening visit'

ehhh. Not saying it couldn't happen but I just don't see Green going down to SEC country to play for 'Ole Miss. I have heard they have a beautiful campus..facilities..and a good staff but I wonder how many "big time" guys they get from outside of Mississippi and possibly the bordering states. Never say never, but I still like our chances in the end much more than Ole Miss..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
????

Expand Evan. I am being nosey and curious...
There are multiple types of GS offers, and mostly all have contingencies, he could not complete the contingencies of his offer and chose another route. This was not a typical GS offer where he would simply delay his enrollment.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ehhh. Not saying it couldn't happen but I just don't see Green going down to SEC country to play for 'Ole Miss. I have heard they have a beautiful campus..facilities..and a good staff but I wonder how many "big time" guys they get from outside of Mississippi and possibly the bordering states. Never say never, but I still like our chances in the end much more than Ole Miss..
He does like Ole Miss but they would probably be the #3 option in the SEC for him. He loved his trip to Auburn and to Alabama. If we can make it through the rest of the summer without him committing, we will have a punchers chance...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are multiple types of GS offers, and mostly all have contingencies, he could not complete the contingencies of his offer and chose another route. This was not a typical GS offer where he would simply delay his enrollment.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation

He does like Ole Miss but they would probably be the #3 option in the SEC for him. He loved his trip to Auburn and to Alabama. If we can make it through the rest of the summer without him committing, we will have a punchers chance...

^^All you have said here is what I was kind of thinking.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree with your assessment myself, especially in the case of Derrick Green, who has a very supporting mother and stepfather to guide and advise him. They know he needs and wants a competitive football situation, which doesn't currently exist in Oxford.

I just think that Freeze is going to be something special at Ole Miss, and in three years or so, the Rebels should be a force in the SEC. If it was three years from today, and Derrick was looking, he could get the high quality football situation that he is also looking for. That's what Ole Miss lacks today.

They are rapidly becoming the new Clemson, with just about every kid that visits coming away raving. If Kamara were ever to visit, he might commit on the spot. He's so impressed by dominating male figures.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine coaches at a DIII school just outside of Richmond and he saw him play at a camp. Said he is legit. Big and fast. They were playing a cover 2 and he was on the far side and picked one off between the other hash and numbers. Great range.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A friend of mine coaches at a DIII school just outside of Richmond and he saw him play at a camp. Said he is legit. Big and fast. They were playing a cover 2 and he was on the far side and picked one off between the other hash and numbers. Great range.
He is a fantastic athlete, overshadowed in RIC by Green but he is a very talented RB

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the recruiting sites starting to throw out hints that Fuller "might" be deciding sooner rather than later. Do you guys think he decides by the time VT/GC season starts??? It is starting to sound that way to me..

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that he will, but I don't think that his recruitment will be over when he commits. Hoke, Kiffin and Dabo will stay on him just as hard when he commits here and I imagine that Sherman will do the same if he for some crazy ass reason breaks his Mom's heart and commits elsewhere, :p ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that he will, but I don't think that his recruitment will be over when he commits. Hoke, Kiffin and Dabo will stay on him just as hard if he commits here and I imagine that Sherman will do the same if he commits elsewhere.

:eek2:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some of the recruiting sites starting to throw out hints that Fuller "might" be deciding sooner rather than later. Do you guys think he decides by the time VT/GC season starts??? It is starting to sound that way to me..
I think that he commits early, not sure if it will be before the season or not though...

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You don't think that he and his parents wouldn't just shut it down? I guess I don't get it in some ways. If you're going to allow yourself to continue to be recruited, I don't see why you'd even commit though most recruits still take calls/visits etc. The biggest positive to committing early for a prospect would be to avoid the continuous pestering and move on/focus/enjoy your senior season of high school and I read somewhere that Kendall is starting to tire of some of the pestering.. Plus, I'd hope if he commits to the good guys that mama Fuller shuts Dabo down :D

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You don't think that he and his parents wouldn't just shut it down? I guess I don't get it in some ways. If you're going to allow yourself to continue to be recruited, I don't see why you'd even commit though most recruits still take calls/visits etc. The biggest positive to committing early for a prospect would be to avoid the continuous pestering and move on/focus/enjoy your senior season of high school and I read somewhere that Kendall is starting to tire of some of the pestering.. Plus, I'd hope if he commits to the good guys that mama Fuller shuts Dabo down :D
I do not know for certain here so this is purely speculation, but I would imagine that his Mom did not like some of the antics used at Clemson over the weekend...

His Mom really wants him at VT, that is fact, and having the mom on your side is NEVER a bad thing. I think he picks the good guys and it is before NSD or the AA game...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, they WOULD shut it down. I am just saying that shutting things down is harder than it looks sometimes. His parents are fantastic people and a great support group.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller can shut it down but the calls and letters would still be coming for a while I'm sure

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he is enjoying the process somewhat, and it's good to be in demand.

I look forward to the accolades he'll be gathering when he plays for Virginia Tech and later in the NFL!