• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know coaches around here that have seen him at camps and games and they all say he is a man among boys. He is big, he is fast, and he has the moves. I am going to watch him play in person when he plays my old HS this fall so i will give you my opinion then. From what I have seen, he is "something special". If you have 35 schollie offers from every major program in the country, then you are doing something right. The coaches have spoken with the offers.

Agree. Green looks to be (RW/DW kind of) special. Fooz will eat crow on that one. Whoever gets him will get a good one. He will likely turn out better than anyone on the roster right now..

Everyone will get see Green, Hackenberg, Fuller and many others in action in a month if they want to. Oscar Smith, Gilman School and Good Counsel will also be on the schedule. Need to set my DVR up soon.

EDIT: Man, for those of you live in 757.. That would be some great HS football to go see on 8/25!!! You could make an evening of it.

EDIT2: That would be a great time for Kendall to commit to the good guys..I'm gonna call it right now...Friday 8/24 VT gets the next great DB..

ESPN High School Football Kickoff schedule - ESPNHS Football - ESPNHS

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is in a tough situation for Green like us, they have 1 runningback commit this year,3 commits last year, 2 the year before that. I like our chances but still skeptical.

I am not sure VT can compete with the "Big House Barbeque"

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that Green will be an OUTSTANDING running back in college and probably further .... and is offer list supports that ... but I tend to agree (a bit) with fooz .. Mizzell's film looks better than Greens .. I say this because Mizzell looks much "flashier" ... much smaller, shiftier, quicker, faster. JC's film was awesome as well but he looks to probably be a little too small to be an every down back. In the end, I think that Green ends up being the real deal and a better back than Smoke.

fooz: check this link out ... i think that someone agrees with whole-heartedly though about Green being overrated.

Is Derrick Green deserving of 5 stars?? I think not

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that Green will be an OUTSTANDING running back in college and probably further .... and is offer list supports that ... but I tend to agree (a bit) with fooz .. Mizzell's film looks better than Greens .. I say this because Mizzell looks much "flashier" ... much smaller, shiftier, quicker, faster. JC's film was awesome as well but he looks to probably be a little too small to be an every down back. In the end, I think that Green ends up being the real deal and a better back than Smoke.

fooz: check this link out ... i think that someone agrees with whole-heartedly though about Green being overrated.

Is Derrick Green deserving of 5 stars?? I think not

Interesting link.

Along the level of substance of many Fooz postings.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was advised not to visit that website by my security software but I've got my opinion and it won't change anyway. Offer lists and rankings aren't everything as you people have told me countless times. Go look at the top 50-100 players on Rivals at any position in any year and you'll see tons of players who never made an impact even on the college level

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say he was a 4* RB after all, interesting tOSU still wouldnt be interested anymore with his measurables. He would be a top 150 player still.

I guess with limited schollies RB isnt a concern there

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was advised not to visit that website by my security software but I've got my opinion and it won't change anyway. Offer lists and rankings aren't everything as you people have told me countless times. Go look at the top 50-100 players on Rivals at any position in any year and you'll see tons of players who never made an impact even on the college level

there's nothing wrong with that web-site. Mcafee says it's a-ok .. look at the article wuss

Man up fooz or you'll end up like this fella

[YOUTUBE]?v=g_zvEm1KyQ8[/YOUTUBE]

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m tired of reading this pointless back and forth between fooz and everyone else.

Fooz,
I think you’ve probably realized this, but it is the opinion of the majority of the posters on this board that it is impossible to accurately evaluate a prospect if you do not have access to game film (not just highlights) or are not a VT coach. Therefore they make the assumption that anyone we offer must be awesome because the VT coaches offered them and they aren’t interested to hear otherwise.

Everyone else,
Fooz is a curmudgeon. It doesn’t mean he isn’t a loyal VT fan or a “true hokie” (I love that phrase lol.) Fooz is just a glass half empty type of person.

So in summary everyone should STFU and stop clogging these threads up.

Disclaimer:
I realize I don’t post too often and don’t have a lot of clout. I’m not saying, I’m just saying. Make another dump on fooz thread or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's say he was a 4* RB after all, interesting tOSU still wouldnt be interested anymore with his measurables. He would be a top 150 player still.

I guess with limited schollies RB isnt a concern there
He missed the boat at OSU, we are still in this race but we have to beat some big SEC schools...

If any VT coach knows how to go head to head with these programs its Shane so lets see what happens...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m tired of reading this pointless back and forth between fooz and everyone else.

Fooz,
I think you’ve probably realized this, but it is the opinion of the majority of the posters on this board that it is impossible to accurately evaluate a prospect if you do not have access to game film (not just highlights) or are not a VT coach. Therefore they make the assumption that anyone we offer must be awesome because the VT coaches offered them and they aren’t interested to hear otherwise.

Everyone else,
Fooz is a curmudgeon. It doesn’t mean he isn’t a loyal VT fan or a “true hokie” (I love that phrase lol.) Fooz is just a glass half empty type of person.
So in summary everyone should STFU and stop clogging these threads up.

Disclaimer:
I realize I don’t post too often and don’t have a lot of clout. I’m not saying, I’m just saying. Make another dump on fooz thread or something.

Well put.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't commit then you can revisit my posts for comfort. Not such a downer then huh?

Not long ago, as a freshman at Hermitage, Derrick Green, was a doughboy, weighing 268 lbs. He was told that he wasn't running back material. He transformed his eating habits and his body, and his sophomore 700 yds and 10 TDs showed the improvement. He had taken the fat off, but it wasn't all good weight left behind.

What you see today as Derrick Green really hasn't hit the football field yet. He was no where as ripped last year. Sure looks like good weight now.

I think DG is closer to 5'9" than 6'0, and at the end of last season, he was between 225-230, and nowhere near 215 that the services had for him.

Last year, he ran for 1,493 yards and 19 touchdowns, in what he says was 2Q of playing time. His sights are set on playing 4Q and getting 3000 this year.

He still has stone hands, from what little I saw at this years major summer camps.

Before you can call him #allthat, I think he needs to show that he can play 4Q at RB, and catch coming out of the backfield.

Until then, ESPN has it right, 4*, 86 rating.

If he gets 2000, can play the whole game, and make some routine relief catches, maybe then 5*. I think he can, but will he? Its only potential until he proves otherwise.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VarinaFB_62 (Kris Wilson)
Everytime I here Cash'n Out, all I think about is when we walkin out the Virginia Tech tunnel during the spring game #SurealMoment

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RT @VHargreaves24 I can officially say I am committed to THE University of Florida ! #GoGators CHOMP//// impact pickup to say the least

Had Clemson in his final 2

Dabo will turn his energy and focus hard on Fuller now.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has Meyer/tOSU pulled Green's offer or what..backing off? DD said on the radio yesterday he thought it would come down to us and OSU.. Auburna nd Clemson are serious contenders too? Starting to think he is out of the loop though. Seems that lately that some of you guys on here know more than him..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So has Meyer/tOSU pulled Green's offer or what..backing off? DD said on the radio yesterday he thought it would come down to us and OSU.. Auburna nd Clemson are serious contenders too? Starting to think he is out of the loop though. Seems that lately that some of you guys on here know more than him..
Auburn and Ole Miss are serious contenders, we are still in it. Alabama and Clemson are on the outside looking in

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any signs Holland isn't solid to us? Or do we have nothing to worry about?