• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Right.. I read somewhere that Dorian had pretty well shut the door on us?? Obviously Green is likely done the same and not sure we are really recruiting him now that Reid committed. :sad:
Dorian has said he wants to visit on an official, if that happens we will have a shot, if not then there is a very slim chance of him picking VT. Green has a bit of an "I am too good for instate schools" attitude about him. IMO Reid is a better fit for VT but I would LOVE to have Green. Hamilton has a lot of people puzzled, I personally thought he would have committed to VT months ago, keep an eye out for Illinois in this race (along with VT and UVA)

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Has anyone else seen that LA Techs Offensive coordinator, Tony Franklin, was Bud Fosters teammate back at Murray State??? and that LA Tech is 3rd in FBS in scoring(54.7 points/game), 11th in yards per game(536.7 yards/game)? on top of that they run a no-huddle shotgun spread...........you never know guys...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good find! Too bad this isn't 2015 or I'd say there's a chance. Have a feeling Beamer will depart in a Bowden like fashion......not with all the drama, but with the program in a rebuilding state.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Who's got the skinny on Fisher's visit to 'Bama?? Not worried yet, but seeing alot of posts and tweets about it on various recruiting sites.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OK. Who's got the skinny on Fisher's visit to 'Bama?? Not worried yet, but seeing alot of posts and tweets about it on various recruiting sites.
He had a good time, was shown around by KK, met with a lot of players and coaches. His mom went with him and they had a meal with Saben at his house. He is still committed to VT and will official to VT soon. He will evaluate everything again after he has his OV to VT. It looks like tOSU may be out but I am not sure, he wanted to visit there as well. I have not heard anything negative with regards to VT, things could change, but we have a lot going for us right now with him. Only time will tell.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a good time, was shown around by KK, met with a lot of players and coaches. His mom went with him and they had a meal with Saben at his house. He is still committed to VT and will official to VT soon. He will evaluate everything again after he has his OV to VT. It looks like tOSU may be out but I am not sure, he wanted to visit there as well. I have not heard anything negative with regards to VT, things could change, but we have a lot going for us right now with him. Only time will tell.

things like teammate Joel Caleb is redshirting as a freshman, things like best Friend Jefferson is commited right now, things like richmond i s deep in Blacksburg with reid and last years frye, clarke, williams, meyer, conte, and hopefully next years Reavis. Things like we're really close to him, and he knows the campus and players, Early PT. #DBU, and Bud Foster

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Also hearing that Alabama wants him as a LB and he is pretty intent on playing Safety in our defense? Truth to this?

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hearing that Alabama wants him as a LB and he is pretty intent on playing Safety in our defense? Truth to this?

That doesn't sound right. Bama's LBs are generally rather large. It's not like they have a WHIP or anything.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
False, but they are after some 5* safeties right now as well...

Seems like the Alabama boards are blowing up about Holland being locked up to them? Saw it on another site. We know anything about this or is this just dumb ass fan wishing?

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama making a push for Virginia Tech commit Holland Fisher | al.com

This article is pretty damning. First, it refers to Coach Bottoms as Holland's "mentor" which means, as I have come to understand through recruiting, someone who has positioned themselves close to a recruit in order to influence them towards a certain school.

Second, if Holland is going to "re-evaluate" things he is not a VT commit. Hopefully he picks us. I think we need him more than Bama does.

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alabama making a push for Virginia Tech commit Holland Fisher | al.com

This article is pretty damning. First, it refers to Coach Bottoms as Holland's "mentor" which means, as I have come to understand through recruiting, someone who has positioned themselves close to a recruit in order to influence them towards a certain school.

Second, if Holland is going to "re-evaluate" things he is not a VT commit. Hopefully he picks us. I think we need him more than Bama does.
no worries...