• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing Jarrett in 2014 unless you expect him to leave after his junior year.

I think he'll be gone. I'm very impressed with the way he's playing right now. However, he's also seems like the kind of kid who would want his degree. We'll see.

If Kyshoen stayed I think he'd start at FS and Riley would play ROV. I also really like Riley. There is some debate as to whether Riley is a corner of safety however.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think he'll be gone. I'm very impressed with the way he's playing right now. However, he's also seems like the kind of kid who would want his degree. We'll see.

If Kyshoen stayed I think he'd start at FS and Riley would play ROV. I also really like Riley. There is some debate as to whether Riley is a corner of safety however.

I could see Jarrett moving to a corner position as well. It is his natural position. I think that could be the end game, but wanted to get him on the field as soon as possible since he was too talented to be on the bench.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so too. I think that Manning, Fuller, Jarrett, Clark and Fisher will all be heavily involved in '14. I know most of them aren't even on campus yet and I am going strictly on potential. Maybe I am selling some of the others short (Riley, Cole, Bonner), but physically and athletically this would be a fine bunch in the defensive backfield.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great news, wasnt expecting this right now but ill take it! i assume we will no longer be pursuing green now?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news! Can we move Edmunds back to LB now? Gregory, Holmes, JC, Harris, Mangus, Reid, M.Williams.....backfield going to be crowded next few years.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great news! Can we move Edmunds back to LB now? Gregory, Holmes, JC, Harris, Mangus, Reid, M.Williams.....backfield going to be crowded next few years.
I think TE and Wright will move to LB. I could see Mangus and DJ Reid both being hybrid backs. Gregory wont be around d when Williams comes in. BTW Williams scored 5 tds so far tonight for Hampton....

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woot. Very glad to have Reid on board.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the left tackle in that video looks pretty impressive, anyone know anything about Thomas Dale?

My guess is Zachary Rhodes, Evidently Newsome didn't like him enough to offer and of course Newsome knows what he's doing. I expect Wisconsin, Alabama or some NFL team to come asking about him any day now

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on DJ Reid!! He will know he made the right decision after FSU pounds South Florida this weekend. Looks like a stellar athlete, I am sure the coaching staff will find some place for him. FWIW some are starting to think that Edmunds may stay at RB (AB in particular), but it is too loaded back there already without Harris/Mangus, etc. He needs to be moved to LB IMO, we should know more about this by next spring.

So who does that leave?? Hamilton our only big target left?? How are the numbers starting to shape up??

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Woody Baron? See where 247 has added Jerome Wright to our list of committments and I know that's because he was playing at FUMA. I don't think Baron was playing anywhere, but he still coming in January?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great news on DJ Reid!! He will know he made the right decision after FSU pounds South Florida this weekend. Looks like a stellar athlete, I am sure the coaching staff will find some place for him. FWIW some are starting to think that Edmunds may stay at RB (AB in particular), but it is too loaded back there already without Harris/Mangus, etc. He needs to be moved to LB IMO, we should know more about this by next spring.

So who does that leave?? Hamilton our only big target left?? How are the numbers starting to shape up??
Hamilton, Wolfgang and Dorian are still targets right now

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton, Wolfgang and Dorian are still targets right now

Right.. I read somewhere that Dorian had pretty well shut the door on us?? Obviously Green is likely done the same and not sure we are really recruiting him now that Reid committed. :sad: