• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo fucked. Honestly, hed be stupid to come to VT if u take out proximity. Alabama is elite. We are a B+ program on the decline.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just hope Fisher somehow stays away from those damn boosters and their handouts

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just hope Fisher somehow stays away from those damn boosters and their handouts
Interesting, lets put this into prospective. Sure it is known that there are "$ handshakes" at some schools (Alabama being one of them) but lets dig a little deeper. In this case, you have a kid coming from VA down to campus, with a coach that you do not really know, heck even Holland barely knows him. Are you really going to be dumb enough to do a $ handshake with him, not knowing much about the coach or the background of the player? I don't think so. Holland is also a very respectable young man who would not accept the money, even though you assume he would, I believe that he would not. Lets look at what we do know.

Saban is back to his old tricks, trying to get a Coach of a HS player to feel important and come down for a camp, etc. What most people are forgetting is that Holland has only played for this coach for a few games, he does not have much pull in this situation.

Holland committed to VT early because he loves VT, he is basically brothers with Joel, he is very connected to Cequan, his real coach and mentor (coach Bottoms) loves VT and Shane, Holland looks up to Shane in every aspect, Holland has been very vocal recruiting other players to play at VT, etc. Holland is a very stand up guy who is honoring a promise that he will visit Alabama and will also probably officially visit tOSU. Now, is there a chance he could flip and go to Bama, I guess there is a chance, but there is also a chance that he could flip and go to tOSU or any other school that offered him. The fact is we have a very good reason to believe he will be a Hokie.

As 46 said, if there is reason to panic we will let you know.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahaha you need to layoff the enemas and realize it

You need to lay off the SEC kool aid and realize that not every kid will attend Alabama, even if Alabama wants them. Kid wants to take his OVs. And why not? It's a free trip where a program wine and dines you. He knows where he wants to go, but doesn't want to miss out on the opportunity to take these trips. You can only do them once, so you might as well make the most of it. This is the exact same scenario as Manning from last year.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing time and early is/will be a crucial piece of the equation with Fisher (other than the fact that he likes VT enough to commit so early). With the state of our secondary right now (and total lack of depth), it would not shock me in the least bit if he played and possibly worked his way into a starting role..Day 1. If he graduated and enrolled early I would almost say I would put money on it.

On the other hand, if he went to 'Bama he would likely be redshirted, sitting/playing back up for a more couple years..and then still be battling it out with other 4 and 5 stars for the starting spot...unless he is super super special. He won't shy away from competition I am sure, but obviously he wants to go to the best place for him. VT can get him to the NFL just as easily as 'Bama would with the position(s) he might be playing. I am not worried at all yet. He has said he would take this visit months ago, so let's not act like Saban called him last week and he is giddy and jumping on the first bus to Tuscaloosa.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Playing time and early is/will be a crucial piece of the equation with Fisher (other than the fact that he likes VT enough to commit so early). With the state of our secondary right now (and total lack of depth), it would not shock me in the least bit if he played and possibly worked his way into a starting role..Day 1. If he graduated and enrolled early I would almost say I would put money on it.

On the other hand, if he went to 'Bama he would likely be redshirted, sitting/playing back up for a more couple years..and then still be battling it out with other 4 and 5 stars for the starting spot...unless he is super super special. He won't shy away from competition I am sure, but obviously he wants to go to the best place for him. VT can get him to the NFL just as easily as 'Bama would with the position(s) he might be playing. I am not worried at all yet. He has said he would take this visit months ago, so let's not act like Saban called him last week and he is giddy and jumping on the first bus to Tuscaloosa.
Holland is working hard in the classroom, but he will not be enrolling anywhere early. Things are looking up for him to enroll on time though, and I agree, he will be a factor from day 1.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland is working hard in the classroom, but he will not be enrolling anywhere early. Things are looking up for him to enroll on time though, and I agree, he will be a factor from day 1.

Right, I didn't think so. Just saying IF he were to enroll early that he could potentially be a redshirt freshman starting at the safety spot, I think he will be that good and I just think that the current guys we have there just aren't going to be the next Kam Chancellor or Eddie Whitley for that matter...serviceable but not at that level. Maybe I will be proven wrong on that.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Matt

The thing is. You are enamored with everything SEC, but some kids aren't. In fact I know of quite a few specific examples (not going to name names) where the SEC style attitude turned off both kids and parents. Most of these kids are good kids and the idea of being a part of that may turn them off as much as turn them on. Also, Bama is not paying every player to come play for them. There is a market for that but it is not as big as most people think. Think about you as a student or you as a parent and how you would respond to a "money handshake." Give these guys and their families some credit, man.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I didn't think so. Just saying IF he were to enroll early that he could potentially be a redshirt freshman starting at the safety spot, I think he will be that good and I just think that the current guys we have there just aren't going to be the next Kam Chancellor or Eddie Whitley for that matter...serviceable but not at that level. Maybe I will be proven wrong on that.

Over Bonner maybe, but Kyshoen Jarrett is a really good player. And it doesn't take all that much to play to Eddie Whitley's level. Our safety play has been really bad for a while.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I've gathered, Kendall Fuller didn't give Alabama much of a glance. There are plenty of great athletes that won't give Alabama a glance. The few $1000 that these kids are being paid isn't worth it to some and in the long run, could backfire. Look at Reggie Bush. I bet he'd give it all back now in return for his integrity and his Heisman trophy. Location and academics play into it as well.

I think that, considering our depth and performance so far at secondary, both Kendall Fuller and Holland Fisher will be playing as true freshman and starting as sophomores <<< bank on it

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've gathered, Kendall Fuller didn't give Alabama much of a glance. There are plenty of great athletes that won't give Alabama a glance. The few $1000 that these kids are being paid isn't worth it to some and in the long run, could backfire. Look at Reggie Bush. I bet he'd give it all back now in return for his integrity and his Heisman trophy. Location and academics play into it as well.

I think that, considering our depth and performance so far at secondary, both Kendall Fuller and Holland Fisher will be playing as true freshman and starting as sophomores <<< bank on it

This is the wrong thread to put this in, so no long roster discussions, but here's what I envision. Exum played better last game so for now I am leaving him at BC. I also envision Donovan Riley going the Kyshoen Jarrett route. I had trouble fitting in Detrick Bonner, it's hard to tell if he's any good or not.

2013:

BC: Antone Exum R. Sr, Kendall Fuller Fr, Davion Tookes R. Fr
FC: Kyle Fuller Sr, Donaldven Manning So, Der'Woun Greene R. Fr
FS: Kyshoen Jarrett Jr, Donovan Riley So, Desmond Frye So
ROV: Michael Cole R. So, Detrick Bonner R. Jr, Holland Fisher ?

2014:

BC: Kendall Fuller So, Davion Tookes R. So, Brandon Facyson R. Fr
FC: Donaldven Manning Jr, Der'Woun Greene R. So, Cequan Jefferson, R. Fr
FS: Donovan Riley Jr, Desmond Frye Jr, Charles Clark R. Fr
ROV: Michael Cole R. Jr, Holland Fisher ?, Detrick Bonner R. Sr

I don't think Holland starts in 2014 unless Detrick Bonner and Michael Cole aren't good. Too soon to tell.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the wrong thread to put this in, so no long roster discussions, but here's what I envision. Exum played better last game so for now I am leaving him at BC. I also envision Donovan Riley going the Kyshoen Jarrett route. I had trouble fitting in Detrick Bonner, it's hard to tell if he's any good or not.

2013:

2014:

I don't think Holland starts in 2014 unless Detrick Bonner and Michael Cole aren't good. Too soon to tell.

It really makes me giddy looking at all the defensive talent coming in in 2013. Sure it might take a while for some to develop, but I would be really surprised if there are zero immediate contributors.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

2013:

2014:

You're missing Jarrett in 2014 unless you expect him to leave after his junior year.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd love to have Kyshoen, Kendall, Manning, and charles clark on the field at the same time. Wont Kyshoen be available in 2014 if he's a junior next year?

edit: NM^