• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Burks is an amazing athlete, he does need to add muscle but he is far from soft. Ask the Stonebridge QB headed to Stanford how soft he is as he dominated with his pass rush as well as several other games for SOCO. He is the same size RVD was heading into his sr year. maybe an inch taller. Kid runs a 4.55 40 with close to a 40 inch vertical.

Listen I am no pro at evaluating a prospect so I don't know the whole story. Iam just an ex college player who didn't play D1. I didn't question Burks athletic ability but after watching his game film he needs to find someone else to make his highlight film. The kid jumps on piles after the play is over. He doesn't hit anyone and he runs around blocks instead of going through them. My guess is he has the athletic ability to play at a high level that's why he got scholarship offers. Don't tell me he dominated the kid from stone bridge when he isnt a very good QB to start with. Usually kids who excel in college dominate in high school and nothing from his film made him stand out. He may prove me wrong but if I were a D1 coach he wouldnt be on my 1, 2, or even 3rd on my board for OLB position. The grey shirt offer should have stayed unless Tech isn't able to get the player they wanted.

Sigmadog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reply to Hokie Stone

HokieStone u r so right, the Burks game film online is awful IMO. If you have access to HUDL online game film--all 15 of Burks games from the South county 2011 season are on there. There is so much more good game film they could have used to show how good he is. If you watch all 15 games you will have a much different - view he is a true 3 star, but what i see on youtube and on rivals is not impressive. In the regional semi final against stonebridge he dominated causing the( 5 star???) true SB QB is not that good) but a standford commit none the less) forcing 2 ints an intentianal grounding ( The other qB's he played against are not as good either).. Throughout the year 11 sacks 22 TFLs. several strip sacks, backside pursuits tackles, setting the edge etc. He is fast blocking a few punts, always around the ball with at least 7 fumble recoveries and 2 for Td's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigmadog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hokie stone i was attempting to agree with you by saying There is so much more good game film they could have used to show how good he is. If you watch all 15 games you will have a much different - view he is a true 3 star, but what i see on youtube and on rivals is not impressive. In the regional semi final against Stonebridge he dominated causing the( 5 star???) true SB QB is not that good) but a Stanford commit none the less) forcing 2 ints an intentional grounding ( The other qB's he played against are not as good either).. Throughout the year 128 Tackles, 11 sacks 22 TFLs. several strip sacks, backside pursuits tackles, setting the edge etc. He is fast blocking a few punts, always around the ball with at least 7 fumble recoveries and 2 for Td's. Prob should be recruited as an athlete and figure out where you can use him depending on your teams needs and own eval once you really get to see him in person . I think part of his recruitment interest is his character, high GPA, height, speed and how good south county's defense was last year. Not a KO artist like former team mates RVD and DVD but a solid player.

Sigmadog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Although, I agree burks online game film is not so good, something has convinced 15+ BCS schools to offer the Kid $20k to $40k a year scholly's. Several can't miss propects have missed, several 3 stars currently dot NFL rosters, its all about what they do once they get there shot.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigmadog, is Virginia Tech really even in the run in anymore. I know he has already made his choice and is just waitin to announce. I would love to have him, but I feel like we are out of it at this point anyway. He is a solid player but coming in at a deep and young position.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe he has better plays out there than the ones shown on the highlights I've seen but at least you can tell that he is definitely not physical enough right now. I guess the staff was not overly impressed either to have not offered a regular scholarship until very late. We got Moss already who looks a lot better

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vandy sources think it's UVa, UVa sources think it's Vandy, and others are suggesting that VT and NC State are a threat.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakes is @ UVa practice right now, and the word from the staff is that Burks told them he is picking Vandy.

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vandy had a safety commit to them a few years bak, Andre Simmons. Just throwing out something some might find interesting.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good for him ... good for Vandy ... sucks for the Hoos ... Are they 0-fer on their LB prospects so far?

He seems to have a lot of potential but if we were only offering him a GS (for so long), I don't blame him for going elsewhere .. I'd want to be where I felt wanted.

Sigmadog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Burks to vandy

Mini press conf in front of friends, team mates and family. Burks revealed nice black vandy T shirt. Congrats to Oren. Now his buddy Devin Vandyke can continue his friendship with Oren since he did not pick the hoos. next hopefully VT can learn about the 6-1 220 LB/DE Montrey Bonner at South County. Kid is a thumper. but that is a class of 2015 discussion item.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
good for him ... good for Vandy ... sucks for the Hoos ... Are they 0-fer on their LB prospects so far?

He seems to have a lot of potential but if we were only offering him a GS (for so long), I don't blame him for going elsewhere .. I'd want to be where I felt wanted.
UVA got Kiser and another LB.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, who is still on the 2013 board? Teller, Green, Reid, Hamilton, Dorian Johnson?? Any others that we're pressing really hard for?