• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great news on Johnson. I am sure we are the long shot from that list, but hey. At least we made it on the list. Hope they go after him hard.

Sounds reasonable to me. I think we have a very realistic shot at him if his recruitment continues to drag out. According to Hoosrise... EVERYONE outside of Blacksburg thinks he is a Hoo all the way. When they go 1-4 to start the season..the CML novelty will hopefully wear off.
We have a few things going for us that Johnson will like, is it enough to over come Pitt and tOSU, we will find out.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they go 1-4 to start the season..the CML novelty will hopefully wear off.

What makes you believe that UVa will go 1-4 to start the season?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you believe that UVa will go 1-4 to start the season?

I don't think you'll hit 1-4, but 1-3 to start your season is totally reasonable.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you'll hit 1-4, but 1-3 to start your season is totally reasonable.

The Hoos get Duke in game 6, so a 1-5 start is a strong possibility given their recent history with Duke. Is Richmond a gimme?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro - Hackenberg may decommit, has UVA contacted him yet? Heard you all were looking for one more QB....
I thought Hack was VERY committed to PSU, even in light of the sanctions. My, my, Alot can change in a week or so..

Just ignore this, we don't need another pissing contest in a recruiting thread. If you want to talk records take it to a new thread!

Fair enough. To the shit talking thread we go....:tj:

VT_Hokies#5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Johnson has already had multiple visits to Ohio State and Pitt, and not to VT yet (as far as I know) but hes still considering VT tells me that we stand out to him. We may not be the favorites but you have to like the position we are in with him if we can get him to visit, which according to this article he will be doing...

Dorian Johnson to visit Ohio State - On The Trail Blog - ESPN

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The fact that Johnson has already had multiple visits to Ohio State and Pitt, and not to VT yet (as far as I know) but hes still considering VT tells me that we stand out to him. We may not be the favorites but you have to like the position we are in with him if we can get him to visit, which according to this article he will be doing...

Dorian Johnson to visit Ohio State - On The Trail Blog - ESPN
I would imagine once the staff decides how to approach this, we will be able to get him to visit. I bet that Shane and Cornell with tag team this one...

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
‏@TechSideline: South County (VA) class of 2013 LB/S Oren Burks will announce his college choice this Saturday, August 11, at his school. No time yet.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of concerned about LB depth going forward, would definitely like to get him. He doesn't seem to me like he's going to be a superstar, but I think he would be a solid player and could start junior or senior year

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oren is soft...he can run...but he is so damn soft! Would take 3 years to get him to play at D1 level!

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm kind of concerned about LB depth going forward, would definitely like to get him. He doesn't seem to me like he's going to be a superstar, but I think he would be a solid player and could start junior or senior year

We have pretty good depth at LB for the next couple of years. Next year we still have Edwards, Tyler, Williams, Laiti, both Vandykes, and Clarke with Moss and Motuapuaka coming in. Also, McKinnon, Edmunds, and Fisher may all end up at LB as well.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm most worried because I don't see Edwards or Tyler as nearly as proven as what we have now, and behind that a lot of inexperience. Mike and Backer are what I'm more concerned about I guess, I think RVD will have Whip covered for the foreseeable future

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm most worried because I don't see Edwards or Tyler as nearly as proven as what we have now, and behind that a lot of inexperience. Mike and Backer are what I'm more concerned about I guess, I think RVD will have Whip covered for the foreseeable future

Huh?

If everyone recovers from injury by week 1 (which is a big if) then this is our 2-deep at LB:

Backer:
Edwards
Williams

Mike:
Taylor
Tyler

Whip (order unknown at this point):
RVD
Alonzo Tweedy
JGW

Taylor, Edwards, and Tyler all count as "proven" in my book, and in Bud's.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyler has done nothing short of playing his best games in the biggest games. he has been awesome against UVA both times, the only defensive guy to have a great game against Stanford and was very good against FSU last year and Michigan this year. People get caught up on his being a former walk on, but I will take him over any of the 4 star guys we have coming in. He has proven himself on the NCAA field. He and Taylor make me comfortable, especially against GT.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree about tyler, he is a beast against the run and i feel very comfortable with im in there.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler has done nothing short of playing his best games in the biggest games. he has been awesome against UVA both times, the only defensive guy to have a great game against Stanford and was very good against FSU last year and Michigan this year. People get caught up on his being a former walk on, but I will take him over any of the 4 star guys we have coming in. He has proven himself on the NCAA field. He and Taylor make me comfortable, especially against GT.

He started against GT last year, and led the team in tackles, including a sack.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started against GT last year, and led the team in tackles, including a sack.

He is fantastic against the run. I would like to see this lineup against GT:

Fuller, Jarrett, Bonner, Exum
Tweedy, Tyler, Taylor
Gayle, D. Hopkins, Collins, Marshall

(have Marshall and Collins move in and out on that one side to keep them guessing)

Add in a second full DL squad of:

McCray, A. Hopkins, Maddy, Taylor (if he is beasting out as people say he is)

...off chance we pull the Whip out for a hybrid/nickelback in RVD.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you're not buying that Kyle will start @ whip against GT? (and why is this in the 2013 thread? :) )