• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Sigmadog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oren Burks soft? what a joke

Burks is an amazing athlete, he does need to add muscle but he is far from soft. Ask the Stonebridge QB headed to Stanford how soft he is as he dominated with his pass rush as well as several other games for SOCO. He is the same size RVD was heading into his sr year. maybe an inch taller. Kid runs a 4.55 40 with close to a 40 inch vertical. he doesn't have the same amount of dog in him as RVD but he is far from a kitty cat!. i do think either Vandy or UVA will land him but after 2 years of serious college weightroom and eating may turn into a nice OLB. he has 14 offers to choose from plus VT grey. Miami jumped in late. Burks spent a long weekend at Vandy and his mom likes UVA. Burks has a 10th grade teammate at soco name Montrey Bonner 6 ft 220 LB/DE that is a true DOG. Bonner will make a lot of noise this year and could have soco back deep in the playoffs this yr. Foster will probably take note of him this yr for the 2015 class.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro - Hackenberg may decommit, has UVA contacted him yet? Heard you all were looking for one more QB....

Nah, UVa is not trying to get back in with Hackenberg.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait to play at VT once I get these college grades right were winning #NationalChampionships
254_Gucci

Thomas Smith, 2012

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did.

Hmmmm. Interesting. I wonder if we came to late in on this? My gut tells me not. If we swooped in on him and pulled him up from under CMLs nose he will be throwing a fit. Being that Burks has been the highest rated LB on their board for this class..

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmmmm. Interesting. I wonder if we came to late in on this? My gut tells me not. If we swooped in on him and pulled him up from under CMLs nose he will be throwing a fit. Being that Burks has been the highest rated LB on their board for this class..

:dhd:

or so jamie oakes says .. he was sought after more than bryant, rolin, newby, o'daniel, levenberry, and kalambayi

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did we decide to change the offer type? i'm fine with it, just wondering because something had to have happened to cause them to upgrade the offer.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did we decide to change the offer type? i'm fine with it, just wondering because something had to have happened to cause them to upgrade the offer.

I am wondering the same thing. Not saying that VT came in at the 11th hour concerning being interested in Burks, just as to IF they were going to offer him a full ride. I think there is no doubt they have wanted him all along but were waiting to offer later in the process because of whatever reason (being quite loaded at his position, numbers weren't right, they were not as high on list as some of the remaining prospects, etc.). Maybe EGW can shed some light on this? I just think the timing seems odd as he is (or was??) going to announce in a couple days. Maybe it had nothing to do with it..maybe it did. If VT misses the boat on him, then they kinda had it coming. Hope he is a Hokie though even though he seems like a hybrid LB/DE type guy?? Where do you guys think he ends up?? As a tall MLB??

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that Burks has been the highest rated LB on their board for this class..

WHAT? WHO TOLD YOU THAT? LOL

I know for a cold hard fact what UVAs LB coach thinks of him, and it ain't nothing but :bored:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:

or so jamie oakes says .. he was sought after more than bryant, rolin, newby, o'daniel, levenberry, and kalambayi

This, this, this. And the list goes on. They even had Zach Bradshaw, Doug Randolph, Alex Anzalone, Holland Fisher, Ngakoue, Buddy Brown, Marcel Ngachie all higher than Burks.

Thats ATLEAST 13 LBs higher on their board. Jamie is probably saying because A) when he commits, all the Hoos will top him off, and B) Maybe Burks reads the UVA board.

Point is, UVA may tell him to his face how bad they want him, but behind his back they dog the shit out of him.

Sigmadog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Very odd?

VT Football Fan wrote

"Point is, UVA may tell him to his face how bad they want him, but behind his back they dog the shit out of him."

You may be right about the above but, that makes NO sense. As valuable as schollies are why would anyone in this day offer someone , call them a priority, if they don't see serious potential in a kid.

With 15 offers including tech seems like several schools see his potential, seems really really odd to dog a kid behind his back, if you don't like him don't offer the scholarship , just sayin hard to believe coaches really dog him unless they are on a different page than the head coach.. i know U VA LB coach loves big LB's and burks is a little light for his taste but.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just sayin hard to believe coaches really dog him unless they are on a different page than the head coach.. i know U VA LB coach loves big LB's and burks is a little light for his taste but.

You answered it right there. Can't speak for the DC, but I know their LBs coach doesn't exactly think very much of Burks. And as you mentioned earlier, theres a great looking prospect coming up at SoCo. UVA is dirty in recruiting and will offer a guy if it thinks it gives them an advantage for a better prospect. This is not breaking news though, most everyone knows that.

If it were me, I'd go to Vandy. Seems like they need/want him the most.

Sigmadog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That makes since VT football fan

LB coach did not want Devin Vandyke either ---think that was a big mistake not offering him --they did not realize DVD is such a weight room guy - DVD was only 190 when he visited uva and VT going into his jr yr. Already up to 212 at 6 -1. I can see DVD at 230 in 2 years.
hope Burks chooses tech but got a feeling it will be the hoos maybe vandy. DVD was tech all the way so maybe hoos knew it was not going to happen anyway. Yes Also some young players at south county up and coming may be UVA has already heard of them.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to your boy sigmadog. He will be under appreciated and will already have the cards stacked against him with the Hoo coaches no doubt. No kid deserves that from that very beginning.

And isnt that ridiculous about Devin too? Its not like UVA is known for LBs lol Matter of fact I cant even name any that they've EVER had. Must not be that good.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to your boy sigmadog. He will be under appreciated and will already have the cards stacked against him with the Hoo coaches no doubt. No kid deserves that from that very beginning.

And isnt that ridiculous about Devin too? Its not like UVA is known for LBs lol Matter of fact I cant even name any that they've EVER had. Must not be that good.

Greer! The one DJ fucked up hahahaha