• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you talking about?

Winfield? Number 26 yes? I had ALWAYS said they should have kept him 1 more year, if for no other reason than for leadership. Got no idea where you came up with that.

I never "downplayed" what AP was to this offense. Operative word there being WAS. What I said, if you had bothered to READ it, was that the TEAM was going no where without a pass blocking O line, which they havent had since 09. This team, without a pass-blocking O line, has had 1 winning season in the past 5 years. Thats a fact that you cant deny.

Now, I DID say that AD isnt worth 15 mil compared to what other RBs in this league make, and what we could get for that 15 mil. Not to mention the fact that AD has only 1 season thus far where he started every game. ONE. And he will be 31 next year. And you think he is worth 15 million? I personally dont believe that any 1 player on ANY team in the NFL is worth 10% of their salary cap. Even Manning.

I also said I doubt the Vikings will be willing to pay him that next year. I'll take bets on that.

I also said I doubt AD would be willing to take a pay cut. At least not before June 1st.

If AD wont renegotiate his deal before June 1st, the Vikings would have to either pay him that 15 mil, which they wont, or they will have to waive him, which is exactly what I think AD wants. He wants to go play in Texas. Expect him to have a star on his helmet next year.

Whatever, man. Go re-read your very recent posts and see how people got that out of them. I obviously wasn't the only one who got that out of them. You just recently posted a tirade about how we overpaid Winfield a few years back, a tirade about how Greenway is 3rd tier and needs a big paycut, and blamed the majority of our O's issue on O-line play this year (which has sucked, but certainly wasn't the only issue).

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our "running game" isnt going to do shit as long as the O line cant pass block. I THINK thats been proven over the past 5 years, dont you?

Go back to 2012 when AP was a MONSTER. Teams were forced to stack the box and play things safe against us in order not to let AP go absolutely crazy against them. That season we only gave up 32 sacks which was good for 11th least in the league and Ponder, with no weapons at WR, was able to put up a 80+ QB rating.

That is what a monster RB that forces defenses to key on do for the passing game. It can make even a below average OL look good and a terrible QB look OK.

We most certainly need to improve our OL play with or without Peterson. But Peterson on the field over what we have currently makes the OL better all by himself.

The question is how to we improve the OL. That is one hell of a tough question to answer IMO. Do we have to draft a LT in the 1st round to take over for Kalil (there isn't going to be one in FA)? Do you give Kalil one more shot at LT hoping this season was an aberration and that his game will improve (how can it get any worse)?

And even after you answer all these questions, the real one is going to be what does Spielman, who has a vested interest in these guys, do with this group this offseason. Our OL actually is one of the most expensive in all the league right now when you consider $$$ and draft picks paid out. I'm not sure Spielman is going to be willing to cut bait on Kalil at LT despite his struggles this year and I don't know if he is going to be willing to put even more of our limited assets into attempting to improve an OL which he has invested so heavily in. It should be interesting to see how he handles it.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) A shitty defense. For once, it finally looks promising going forward under Zimmer.

Unbelievable how well he has this unit playing. No matter who he is forced to stick in there up to this point has looked decent and the unit as a hole has been playing really well since something like week 4 or 5 and seems to be getting better every week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whatever, man. Go re-read your very recent posts and see how people got that out of them. I obviously wasn't the only one who got that out of them. You just recently posted a tirade about how we overpaid Winfield a few years back, a tirade about how Greenway is 3rd tier and needs a big paycut, and blamed the majority of our O's issue on O-line play this year (which has sucked, but certainly wasn't the only issue).

Pay cut, yes. Winfield was due 7 million. He wasnt worth that. I said they should sign him for around 2 to 2.5, which is EXACTLY what Seattle did later.... The difference between the Vikings and Seattle at the time was the other players here knew him and respected him, so it would have made sense to keep him here. In Seattle, they didnt know him, had nothing more than professional respect for him. He wasnt good enough to make their team and had nothing else to contribute so they cut him.

Greenway is in the same boat right now. He isnt worth the 7 mill he is scheduled to make. They will likely draft another LB this year. I would think it would be a smart move to sign him for 2 to 2.5 this year and keep him... For LEADERSHIP and a back-up role.

I posted a "tirade" about Greenway? THIS is the "tirade" I posted about Greenway you fucking moron:

Last year was one of the best years of his career. 3 sacks, 2nd highest single season total of his career, 3 picks highest total of his career for a single season, 134 combined tackles beating the next highest player on the team (Drunkard Henderson) by 22. And yes, until as of right now, he has led this team in tackles every year. And the year isnt over yet. Hes 3rd on the team so far this year, but he also missed 2 games was it? Which was also the first time in his career he has missed a start.

PF-R rated him the 7th best linebacker in the league last year. His highest career ranking in that category.

Chad Greenway NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Greenway is a soldier that does his job. He doesnt get a lot of press, because he doesnt make a big deal out of everything, dancing and being stupid. He does his business, and goes home.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PF-R rated him the 7th best linebacker in the league last year. His highest career ranking in that category.

Chad Greenway NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

That is the 2nd time you have posted that stat.

I think you are reading the stat wrong. Are you listing his AV (approx value stat) which last year was a 7?

If so, you are reading it wrong. That is not a ranking but rather just another stat. The higher the stat the better the player. A 7 was his worst AV # of his career. Although not that it means much. That stat is garbage.

If that isn't the stat you are posting, let me know the one that you are. I can't find any rankings by year on PF R myself.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and Greenway still sucks. :lol:

I stand by my statement that if Greenway is our 2nd best LB on the team next year then Spielman had a poor offseason. I completely agree that both Winfield and Greenway by the end of their careers were massively overpaid. We were paying Winfield $7 million a year when he couldn't have started on virtually any team in the league but ours. Greenway deserves to start in this league still....he just shouldn't be paid anywhere close to $7M a year.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derp1.jpg

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs trolls on this board when you folks are fighting amongst yourselves???

:pop2:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is the 2nd time you have posted that stat.

I think you are reading the stat wrong. Are you listing his AV (approx value stat) which last year was a 7?

If so, you are reading it wrong. That is not a ranking but rather just another stat. The higher the stat the better the player. A 7 was his worst AV # of his career. Although not that it means much. That stat is garbage.

If that isn't the stat you are posting, let me know the one that you are. I can't find any rankings by year on PF R myself.

Glad to see that you see what you want to see. Maybe you should have actually READ what I said when I "posted it for the 2nd time" moron. Then maybe you wouldnt do such stupid shit all the time.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"ducky" was the one that posted the Greenway "tirade" you fucking idiot.

I've tried very hard not to be confrontational with you, but do you need to be such a prick about everything? Maybe you're right and I made one mistake in my post, but give me a fucking break. You don't need to be such an assface about everything. Others on this board have mostly tried to be reasonable with you, and you've been an insufferable little ****. At some point, people get trying to be reasonable with unreasonable bullshit.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried very hard not to be confrontational with you, but do you need to be such a prick about everything? Maybe you're right and I made one mistake in my post, but give me a fucking break. You don't need to be such an assface about everything. Others on this board have mostly tried to be reasonable with you, and you've been an insufferable little ****. At some point, people get trying to be reasonable with unreasonable bullshit.

The ironic part is he wasted no time to put me on ignore. You would think someone with his abrasiveness would be a little less insecure about my disagreeing with his illogical point of view on a message board lol.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see that you see what you want to see. Maybe you should have actually READ what I said when I "posted it for the 2nd time" moron. Then maybe you wouldnt do such stupid shit all the time.

Easy there champ. I was asking a simple question. I read your post. and I wanted to know where you getting your information from. That's all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Made 1 mistake?

Winfield.

AP.

Greenway.

"Your posts are pretty far out there" (no, "Duckies" posts are pretty far out there. "mister hookies" posts are pretty far out there).

" Go re-read your very recent posts and see..." (you clearly didnt bother to "re-read" them before falsely accusing me, did you?)

So yeah. Im gonna be a prick. Its been a long week, and this is just icing.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I hope the long week only gets longer.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made 1 mistake?

Winfield.

AP.

Greenway.

"Your posts are pretty far out there" (no, "Duckies" posts are pretty far out there. "mister hookies" posts are pretty far out there).

" Go re-read your very recent posts and see..." (you clearly didnt bother to "re-read" them before falsely accusing me, did you?)

So yeah. Im gonna be a prick. Its been a long week, and this is just icing.

Homer-Delusional-01.png

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I'd end up adding someone from the team board to my ignore list, but after months of his consistent posting of B.S., I've seen enough of Remember Met. Not worth it anymore.