• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vernon Adams welcome to Oregon

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dick.

Vernon won't be able to practice with Oregon until August...so now this kid has to learn the system in a month...won't be able to hit a team weight room until August either.

It wasn't like you were going to win anyways EWU...show some class.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dick.

Vernon won't be able to practice with Oregon until August...so now this kid has to learn the system in a month...won't be able to hit a team weight room until August either.

Why shouldn't he be a "dick" as you say.

He recruited the kid. Landed him. Built him up over the last 4 years only to see a bigger program snag him away for his final year. The year that the kid could roll them to a possible National Title.

By the way, my Huskers looked at the kid and passed. And we really need a QB.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill-Hader-Holding-in-Laugh.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't he be a "dick" as you say.

He recruited the kid. Landed him. Built him up over the last 4 years only to see a bigger program snag him away for his final year. The year that the kid could roll them to a possible National Title.

By the way, my Huskers looked at the kid and passed. And we really need a QB.

A national title at the FCS level? Man, I never bragged about winning the playground 5th grade season title at my elementary school.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon needed a Head Coach and offered it to him - he would have trampled Adams on the way out the door.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A national title at the FCS level? Man, I never bragged about winning the playground 5th grade season title at my elementary school.

Eastern Washington has actually won a National Title, and while under Coach Baldwin's guidance.

As much as you want to shit all over EWU and the FCS, maybe you should shit all over the FCS QB you just brought in?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dick.

Learn the system? I thought he ran a similar offense. Thats what you guys have been saying. Hit the weight room? I know you have solid gold weights at Nike but he can lift there at the local gym no? The weights still weigh if they are just iron right? It's not like he's a O lineman anyway.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, after all that: I would have like him to come to Texas and give us a QB with some experience, and skills.

that's my two cents.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because you didn't. If you did, we'd be hearing about it daily.:nod:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a more serious note, I am a big fan of players being unrestricted free agents once they have finished their degrees (although, a failure to finish a graduate program should count against the transferred-to school's graduation rate.)

The trouble with the coach getting pissed at the kid transfering is that it wreaks treating the kid like a commodity - as theough the kid (as a player) is there for the coach, rather than the other way around. As a veteran of the education business, I have very little (okay, I have no) patience for colleagues who can't wrap their heads around the fact that the faculty - including the coaching staffs - are there for the students, rather than the other way around.

(Incidentally, this is a big chunk of why I don't like Brian Kelly. He doesn't get it either.)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a more serious note, I am a big fan of players being unrestricted free agents once they have finished their degrees (although, a failure to finish a graduate program should count against the transferred-to school's graduation rate.)

The trouble with the coach getting pissed at the kid transfering is that it wreaks treating the kid like a commodity - as theough the kid (as a player) is there for the coach, rather than the other way around. As a veteran of the education business, I have very little (okay, I have no) patience for colleagues who can't wrap their heads around the fact that the faculty - including the coaching staffs - are there for the students, rather than the other way around.

(Incidentally, this is a big chunk of why I don't like Brian Kelly. He doesn't get it either.)

:agree: As Lonestar Duck pointed out, if Oregon (or any big program) came calling, he's likely trampling Adams on his way out the door.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncle Phil went out and got a free agent in another desperate attempt to get a NCG trophy for Nike U.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love thinking of their reaction knowing #12 is coming in their own house by a qb from an FCS school that set records at Fusky Stadium.

I bet they all turned red in the face and haven't been able to take a dump since.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love thinking of their reaction knowing #12 is coming in their own house by a qb from an FCS school that set records at Fusky Stadium.

I bet they all turned red in the face and haven't been able to take a dump since.

They've been awfully quiet about it. :pound: