• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vernon Adams welcome to Oregon

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as would I, sir. no excuses for usc if you fail to reach the playoffs. helluva roster, and a great schedule.

I can't lie I do agree with mamba. They look great on paper and had some great pick ups with a great recruiting class. But they do have to play the games, overcome the oregon and UCLA thorns in their side as well as avoiding blowing games they should win. Another bad trend over the past several seasons. The PAC is a tough conference

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Mariota was a 3 star, right? Oregon does "more with less" better than just about anyone.

Yes I did know that. But 1 QB who did very well does not mean Oregon does more with less or is QB rich.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did know that. But 1 QB who did very well does not mean Oregon does more with less or is QB rich.

Jeff Lockie 3*
Morgan Mahalak 4*
Travis Waller 4*
Taylor Alie Walk on
Ty Griffin 3*
Vernon Adams FCS Transfer; Walter Payton Runner up two straight years.

Just got richer.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Lockie 3*
Morgan Mahalak 4*
Travis Waller 4*
Taylor Alie Walk on
Ty Griffin 3*
Vernon Adams FCS Transfer; Walter Payton Runner up two straight years.

Just got richer.

I look at that and still say not rich. Not a bust on Oregon. Just my opinion compared to others.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at that and still say not rich. Not a bust on Oregon. Just my opinion compared to others.

Each of those QB's fits the Oregon System. The difference is that Oregon is getting higher rated QB's than they did in the past.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each of those QB's fits the Oregon System. The difference is that Oregon is getting higher rated QB's than they did in the past.

One problem that Oregon will run into with the highly rated kids. Especially at QB. More busts. Take my word on this. Too many 4&5* guys at FSU who busted. Not just at QB, but in general. Goes with the territory.

Oregon missed out on a kid that would start this year. Deondre Francois. Kid is a beast. He signed with FSU. He would have been perfect in your system.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem that Oregon will run into with the highly rated kids. Especially at QB. More busts. Take my word on this. Too many 4&5* guys at FSU who busted. Not just at QB, but in general. Goes with the territory.

Oregon missed out on a kid that would start this year. Deondre Francois. Kid is a beast. He signed with FSU. He would have been perfect in your system.

Yeah, I was watching his highlights when Oregon was going after him. He is a beast!! Good pick up for FSU

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is your ass so red about oregon? you seriously sound like a grumpy old fat waterhead

I mean Christ, you live in SoCal. go outside and enjoy the sun, give the interweb a break.

If you look at post numbers I've been on the site roughly the same amount of time as you with similar amount of posts. So should you "give the interweb a break" also? Just sayin.lol

Socaljim242- Jul 2013- 1,163 posts
FSUmanager- Jul 2013- 7,762 posts
4down20- may 2013- 18,8987 posts
trojanfan12- april 2013 18,858 posts
7samuri13- july 2013- 3.446 posts
Whitemamba- Apl 2013- 29,876 posts
Beavershaver- Aug 2013- 1,831 posts

My beef about Oregon? Its the fans here. You guys talked a lot of shit for a long time and when it came time your team shit the bed. Do yo guys tone it down a little? No, you put up post after post of players bios and things going on with the Ducks as if we all really care about every little thing about that team. You guy even put up posts like you're on freaking match . com. and it's on the main board. Why don't you guys take some of that stuff to your team site? I realize mamba has some sort of standing here and other than posting alot I have no idea why. I actually saw a post one night (on the Pac board) where he let us know he smoked pot, masturbated and was trying to pick out a beer. So yeah I'm a little Ducked out. god save us if you clown ever actually won something. It's hilarious the excitement you guys have picking up this free agent. You do realize you couldn't win it with Mariota right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at post numbers I've been on the site roughly the same amount of time as you with similar amount of posts. So should you "give the interweb a break" also? Just sayin.lol

My beef about Oregon? Its the fans here. You guys talked a lot of shit for a long time and when it came time your team shit the bed. Do yo guys tone it down a little? No, you put up post after post of players bios and things going on with the Ducks as if we all really care about every little thing about that team. You guy even put up posts like you're on freaking match . com. and it's on the main board. Why don't you guys take some of that stuff to your team site? I realize mamba has some sort of standing here and other than posting alot I have no idea why. I actually saw a post one night (on the Pac board) where he let us know he smoked pot, masturbated and was trying to pick out a beer. So yeah I'm a little Ducked out. god save us if you clown ever actually won something. It's hilarious the excitement you guys have picking up this free agent. You do realize you couldn't win it with Mariota right?

I'm a 4 star poster.

20048442yu.gif

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen a lot of shit talking here....Yet. Could be a LOT worse.

And as for the signing of Vernon Adams; he is basically the best QB at the FCS level. He came in second in the Walter Payton Award (FCS equivalent to the Heisman) two years in a row; with this past year being even though he missed 4 games. He has played exceptionally well against PAC 12 opponents the past two years, beating Oregon State in 2014 and almost beating Washington in 2014 (lost 57-52 while throwing 7 touchdown passes). He was not recruited to Power 5 teams based upon his height, that is it. The kid can play and is very relevant in the PAC 12 race in 2015.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did I get put into this pissing contest?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By that thinking should game threads only be on the team pages of those 2 teams? Oregon is in the Pac 12 they play college football, shouldnt it be ok to post in any of these forums? personally I like hearing from fans of other teams. If you post to team threads all you are gonna get is a lot of yes men. I would rather hear from opponents or neutral fans that will give a less biased opinion.
couldnt and didn't are 2 different things. but oregon also couldn't/didn't win with Thomas and Kelly either. but they got their with 2 different coaches and 2 different quarterbacks.
Mariota will be veiwed as the greatest Oregon player for a long time but there were plenty of Heisman winners who didnt win a NC and plenty of NC winners who didnt win a Heisman.

axisoftime

Drinkslinger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I just realized Vernon Adams might start against his old school in game 1 this season. That is fucked up! Sorry to bump an Oregon thread for those who seem to be annoyed.

:whistle:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EWU head coach asks why Oregon didn't develop a QB post-Mariota

Eastern Washington's head coach Beau Baldwin threw some radio haymakers towards the Oregon program on a local radio station this week.

Baldwin went on ESPN700 in Spokane, WA., earlier this week to talk with Patchin, Lukens, and Osso about Vernon Adams leaving the Eagles for the Oregon Ducks. To say Baldwin had some strong words would be an understatement.

"I disagree with a lot of it," Baldwin said of the rule allowing Adams to be eligible right away. "Both with Oregon and the NCAA, but I want what's best for Vernon."

"We're not rolling out the red carpet for a guy we are going to play week one...It's not what the rule is intended for."

Baldwin says Adams will not be able to train with the rest of the Eagles football team and will not be able to use the team's facilities. Instead he'll have to find his own way to workout in the gym and to also figure out how he'll do his own football workouts.

Vernon Adams arrival date to Eugene isn't also set in stone according to Baldwin. He says any date that's been thrown out so far is just something that's a "work in progress." Adams stated he'd like to be in Eugene by June 13th, the day after he graduates.

Baldwin also sent a shot across the bow at Oregon and head coach Mark Helfrich for not having a guy behind Marcus Mariota ready.

"We were the ones who developed him [Adams] from a level out of high school, he wasn't at that level. When you are Oregon and over the last three or four years and you're not recruiting a number of guys who can fill in when Marcus Mariota leaves, what are you doing over there," Baldwin asked.

"It's the truth. That part is just baffling. I think there should always be two or three guys loaded up and ready to go."

Baldwin spoke about the matter and moving forward from Adam's transfer for a total of 16 minutes.