• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Venting thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to twitter, the coaches didn't call the fake, but I have a hard time believing the players would make that decision on their own.

It also wouldn't be the first time CFB threw a player under the bus because of a botched fake punt...

My thoughts as well. Reads to me like he's trying to throw a player under the bus. But let's say he's not. Even if a player has the option to make a call, it is the coach's job in that situation to tell his players before the play "Your option is revoked. No matter what we're punting here".

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the energy for this, but it is safe to say that I will never attend another Hokie FB game that Frank Beamer coaches. The team is horribly coached, they have not improved all season, and he has driven the program into the ground for years now. No more excuses. He's GOT to go.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observation:

Everyone is playing so conservative that it's coming off as timid. The offense is literally afraid to play football because they don't want to make a mistake. Ironically, we've been riddled with bad plays and offensive mistakes as a result. I fully expect the UVA streak to come to an end this year and for us to miss a bowl game.

In Whit we trust, I suppose.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is playing so conservative that it's coming off as timid. The offense is literally afraid to play football because they don't want to make a mistake.

We have 3 plays over 40 yards this year and NONE over 45.

I am actually looking forward to the '2015 Preseason Hype Video' that contains zero football plays.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only thing I'm looking forward to is Miami robbing Virginia of the post season, as I don't have the confidence that Virginia Tech is going to do that next week.

I simply don't have the balls to hope that next week's game comes down to each team playing to get into the post season at the expense of the other, though there would be some satisfaction if Virginia Tech could pull that off.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have the energy for this, but it is safe to say that I will never attend another Hokie FB game that Frank Beamer coaches. The team is horribly coached, they have not improved all season, and he has driven the program into the ground for years now.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This happened. <a href="">November 22, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beamer must go....

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beamer must go....

WOW. Had no idea it was that bad. Doesn't seem like we've been a .500 team either. What Kool-Aid was I drinking at the time?

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how you can consider yourself an 'upper tier program' and condone repeatedly losing to teams like Wake, Maryland, Duke, ECU, JMU, BC, Pitt, and Miami.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my luck, the one game I'm able to attend in a decade will probably snap the UVA, bowl, and winning season streaks.

Honestly never thought Beamer would be forced out at VT, but considering the last few years, it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Consistently producing good/great defense with below average/horrible offenses is just mind blowing. I am absolutely amazed that Foster is still here and has always taken the high road. Even so much as take the blame for a loss when EVERYONE knows it was the offense. He more than anyone deserves to have a counterpart that can put a competent team out on the field.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my luck, the one game I'm able to attend in a decade will probably snap the UVA, bowl, and winning season streaks.

Honestly never thought Beamer would be forced out at VT, but considering the last few years, it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Consistently producing good/great defense with below average/horrible offenses is just mind blowing. I am absolutely amazed that Foster is still here and has always taken the high road. Even so much as take the blame for a loss when EVERYONE knows it was the offense. He more than anyone deserves to have a counterpart that can put a competent team out on the field.

If you're going with family, maybe it would be best to leave the family at home and go with a case of bourbon instead. Women and children shouldn't witness how ugly things are getting.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great.

Miami GIVING it away to Virginia tonight.

Way to breath fire into their program, just in time for them to come to Blacksburg. I'm not expecting them to roll over for Virginia Tech next week. Their defense looks ferocious, and they are packing an offense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game next week has far too much meaning to me. I think Bud and TG will have their boys ready to go. I hope our patch work of an offense can do something.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going with family, maybe it would be best to leave the family at home and go with a case of bourbon instead. Women and children shouldn't witness how ugly things are getting.

Leaving the son with the in-laws for the weekend and the wife and I are spending a few days in the Burg. It will be a mini vacation before our daughter arrives in January, so an 8 pm start in he cold is not the best circumstance for my 7 month pregnant wife to see her first VT game in person, especially with the way we've been playing. Oh well, we'll be kid free for a few days and expect the hotel room to get a workout, so it will be a good trip no matter what, haha.