• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Venting thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all over the place right now. I am not sure where all these posts need to go, and I am sure most of you are pretty sick of them, but these facts can't go unnoticed.

We have MAJOR issues with our program, both on the field and off. They've been noted in other threads. The coaching staff effing sucks right now, the team sucks right now, and I am very sick of no one stepping up and taking any sort of ownership or showing that they care more than the same BS coachspeak out of CFB.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at how scary it is to play at Lane the last 2 years.

L to BC 33-31
L to Miami 30-6
L to GT 27-24
L to ECU 28-21
L to Maryland 27-24
L to Duke 13-10

Losing to these all of these teams, especially at home, is 100% inexcusable if you fancy yourself a top program.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The off the field issues upset me even more than those on the field. If half what I'm hearing is true...

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The off the field issues upset me even more than those on the field. If half what I'm hearing is true...

That's what has me so fired up right now. I didn't expect to win today. I figured we'd lose. We just don't have enough good players right now.

Hearing the coaching staff isn't going into meetings during halftime, player votes aren't being honored or taken seriously, and coaches/players just not caring is inexcusable. That shit doesn't just fix itself, either.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the old school Hokie fanbase that is pissing me off too. I don't care how bad we were in the 60s or what we 'owe' CFB. I am sick of worrying how a couple old guys with deep pockets feel, totally neglecting that changes to the program could open the pockets of thousands of recent grads/young alumni.

It annoys the shit out of me how 'old school' everything about our program is. Time to be open minded, folks. People who complain about the EDM music at games? Are you effing me? We have a shit product on the field and this is the best game atmosphere we've had in years. Watch a game at any other big school. They do the same.

We're stuck with another terrible OC because VT's afraid to step out of the box. Can you imagine the uproar if we considered hiring Lane Kiffin as an OC? A guy who is actually a decent OC AND he recruits? The uproar would be insane. "OH HELL NO. THAT GUY DIDN"T SHAKE FRANK'S HAND AFTER THAT ONE GAME"

The booze may have me talking like VTfoozball right now, but seriously, I feel like the majority of our fanbase, and for sure our coaching staff, are dragging 10 years behind right now.

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a long list of problems with this year's team and a defense missing it's top 2 run stuffers has become a big one.

I really liked seeing the offense finally make something happen today. Took Rogers, Wang and Farris pushing our ball carriers into the end zone on a couple occasions but we actually scored enough points to win today if our run defense wasn't MIA. Offense still has a lot of work to do though.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done melting down for now. :drink:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2sbp.gif

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can tell you what...

Our new AD is definitely in touch with this program. If half the stuff I am reading on the various VT boards are true - look out. I LOVE this AD and he GETS IT. No one person, set of coaches or players are bigger than a program. And if anyone gets this and takes this seriously, WB does.

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can tell you what...

Our new AD is definitely in touch with this program. If half the stuff I am reading on the various VT boards are true - look out. I LOVE this AD and he GETS IT. No one person, set of coaches or players are bigger than a program. And if anyone gets this and takes this seriously, WB does.

I am so glad he came on board in time to handle the transition - whether its this year or next or after the 2016 season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the stuff that's coming out right now is true or not (I'm leaning like 65% all true) but it definitely goes along with a thought I've had about Beamer dating back to the late 00s, even when we were winning ACC titles; his attitude towards recruiting is too outdated. I've said for years that the biggest reason for our success is Beamer's program built itself by recruiting the previously unknown hotbed of Virginia recruiting. All the kids had lower level stars and we'd snatch them up and win. But in the 2000s, everyone took notice that VA was a pretty darn good state for football talent. Kids started getting higher level stars and bigger programs came calling. But Beamer never changed his strategy. Instead of competing harder, he just kept targeting lower star talent. Except now that lower star talent really is low star talent and not overlooked diamonds like it was in the 90s and early 00s.

It also spoke volumes to this that one of the very first things Whit did as AD was create new recruiting positions on staff. He knew from Day 1 that Beamer was slacking.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This has been a disappointing year. The team is playing poorly, and Lane Stadium's atmosphere is declining. All this knowing that I won't be able to make many games the next few years. Big changes ahead. I sat there on Saturday not knowing the next time I'd sit in Lane Stadium (damn you Friday game).

Hopefully soon the team will build back into the tough, spirited squad that we all miss, and Lane Stadium will be back to pure chaos. It will happen. We'll all remember these days as the anomaly between two long and great runs.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has loefller been fired yet?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet I guess but even a good recruiting class should not detract away from changes. I have honestly no idea how vast they should be but I know at a MINIMUM SB should not be coaching RBs and CFB should no longer be coaching ST. Unless major changes happen, I think it's too early to do anything on the OL but it does look like we took a step back even with the same personnel from last year on the OL. I am not sure how I feel about the D coaches. Some tweaks could probably be made there as well I would think.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just feeling like I may need to prime this baby a little bit...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won but this is the venting thread and that fake punt deserves more venting. SO FUCKING STUPID. Upon arriving back home in Blacksburg, Frank Beamer needs to be immediately rushed to the Lewis Gale Hospital's Mental Ward for observation and testing.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to twitter, the coaches didn't call the fake, but I have a hard time believing the players would make that decision on their own.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to twitter, the coaches didn't call the fake, but I have a hard time believing the players would make that decision on their own.

It also wouldn't be the first time CFB threw a player under the bus because of a botched fake punt...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also wouldn't be the first time CFB threw a player under the bus because of a botched fake punt...

He apologized to the team. Don't know what exactly was said, but it was an obvious miscommunication.

If he knowingly and willingly called that play, then yes, he needs a psychiatric evaluation.