• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vegas Update: Money POURING IN on Georgia; Bettors Have NO FAITH in Oklahoma; Bama Is NC Favorite

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a TLDR: Money POURING IN on Georgia; Bettors Have NO FAITH in Oklahoma; Bama Is NC Favorite.

----

You may remember that the opening lines after playoff selections were Bama favored at -1 vs. Clemson and Oklahoma favored at -3 vs. Georgia.

There has been major movement in the lines since. By far the heaviest activity has been on Georgia. Massive money has been absolutely POURING IN on Georgia, enough to completely reverse that Oklahoma -3 to a Georgia -1.5. That's right: Georgia is now FAVORED against Oklahoma, which went from FAVORITE TO UNDERDOG in an astonishing 4.5 point swing in just a few days of betting.

Oklahoma's drop is not about the allegations against OU running back Rodney Anderson. The line shifted heavily on the first day of betting, days before the Anderson news broke, which has so far only shifted the line further by about half a point to one point. Depending on how that situation develops, Oklahoma could become an even bigger underdog. As the saying goes, "defense wins championships," and bettors believe Oklahoma HAS NO DEFENSE and that Georgia is a MUCH MORE COMPLETE TEAM. When the unstoppable force meets the immovable object, bettors believe the immovable object wins.

Many SportsHooplans thought it was ridiculous to have Bama favored over Clemson, but the bettors disagree, and the line has actually moved FURTHER in Bama's favor from Bama -1 to Bama -2.5 over Clemson. Alabama is now nearly a field goal favorite over Clemson.

Vegas is anticipating an all-SEC National Championship Game of Bama vs. Georgia, giving the matchup that the SEC Championship Game did not.

As far as winning the whole national championship goes: Bama started out slightly favored and has only improved its position to become the clear favorite. Oklahoma started out as #3 but has now dropped to #4, the BOTTOM of the four playoff teams, in futures markets, meaning it is considered the team LEAST LIKELY to win the national championship.

We are now at the midway point -- 2 weeks after Playoff Committee announcement of playoff teams, 2 weeks before the playoff games -- and about 2 weeks after the last update, so it's time for another update.

Since my last update, the lines have continued to move in the same direction as earlier, just more slowly. The spreads are now a half point FURTHER in favor of both SEC teams:

- Alabama has gone from a -2.5 favorite over Clemson to a -3 favorite. Alabama is now favored by a full field goal.

- Georgia has gone from a -1.5 favorite over Oklahoma to a -2 favorite. This is a full 5-pt swing in Georgia's favor from the opening line of Oklahoma -3.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O/U of the rose bowl is 61. Frankly I think that’s a bit low. I like the over, by a lot.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O/U of the rose bowl is 61. Frankly I think that’s a bit low. I like the over, by a lot.

me too. hell, Oklahoma's likely to score 45+ by themselves!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too. hell, Oklahoma's likely to score 45+ by themselves!

This. I my only concern is if Georgia has such success running the ball. They will be chewing up some time doing this. But still, I don’t see a defense in college football stopping oklahoma’s Offense.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Georgia gonna take the air out of the ball. Only give OU one possesion per quarter....but they score every time. OU wins 28-21. 49 total.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Georgia gonna take the air out of the ball. Only give OU one possesion per quarter....but they score every time. OU wins 28-21. 49 total.

I swear to Gog DC if you are right....... I’m going to owe my bookie some dough

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the over too but there may be a little more defense than you think.

I'm thinking 64-65.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have an epic shit on Tuesday.

Just dipped a bunch of tortilla chips into Hormel chili and cheese....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

mmmno, that's not what's going to happen. OU will have at least 24 by halftime, i ga-ron-tee it

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have an epic shit on Tuesday.

Just dipped a bunch of tortilla chips into Hormel chili and cheese....

better have your toilet bowl scrubber at the ready, that sounds like a speckled bowl if ever heard one. y...you do have a toilet bowl scrubber, right?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to Gog DC if you are right....... I’m going to owe my bookie some dough
Hell, I could be all wet and your bookie could be owing you a shitpot full of money.

I'm just thinking it is not in Georgia's best interest to get into a shoot out. If they do, the o/u line could be 100 and you'd still win.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mmmno, that's not what's going to happen. OU will have at least 24 by halftime, i ga-ron-tee it
Had to fix my first quote. :L
I read that as OU will be up by 24 at halftime and was going to demand you take that shit back with Mike's "prevent" defense, which allows opponents to score in seconds.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I could be all wet and your bookie could be owing you a shitpot full of money.

I'm just thinking it is not in Georgia's best interest to get into a shoot out. If they do, the o/u line could be 100 and you'd still win.

You make a very good point. Georgia doesn’t want to get into a shootout. But they can’t get down early by more than a score or they will be playing catch up and it will turn into a shootout.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have more faith in Georgia Defense stopping Oklahoma Offense than Oklahoma Def. stopping UGA running. 2 years ago Clemson ran straight through OU defense for 312 yards on the ground (Watson only threw for 187). Can't see why UGA can't do the same with a better run game and better defense than Clemson 2 years ago. I could be wrong, maybe OU defense is better this time around because it's going to take more than just Mayfield to win the NC.