• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vegas Golden Knights Expansion Draft Shenanigans Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what got Pee Wee Herman in trouble many years ago, couldn't keep his hands off his korpisalo in public?

tumblr_m60ahjNQUw1qdrqqho1_500.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordo: How much would Las Vegas want to take Blues' Lehtera?

1) On an 82 game pace, Lehtera was good for 9 goals and 28 points; last season, in 79 games, he had 9 goals and 34 points. He's also pushing 30, what kind of progress were they expecting? The contract was bad the second they offered it to him if you’re judging him on points alone.

2) If the Blues trade one of their first round picks solely to offload Lehtera, what was the point of “getting something” for Shattenkirk? You might as well have kept him, hoped for the best and then traded your own shitty 1st rounder to offload a bad contract.

3) It would probably take an AAV above $6 mil to get Parayko and avoid the Blues matching it if they hold onto Lehtera and everybody else (then again, why are they holding onto everybody else if the team as it is isn’t good enough to win?). That means a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick for 2018.

If I’m the Leafs and I’m willing to give up an entire draft for a player, I think given this year’s RFA crop I’d be targeting a forward and try to score a d-man on the trade market. They’re still thin at centre and with guys like RyJo, Granlund, Wennberg and Tyler Johnson on teams that are up against the cap and needing new contracts (not to mention LW possibilities like Drouin or even Arvidsson), I wouldn’t mind sacrificing some picks for a talent that could put the team in the upper tier of Eastern Conference teams.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this searching TSN a hour ago

draft simulator

My team:
FORWARDS
Perron (UFA18) - Stepan - Stempniak (UFA18)
Chimera (UFA18) - Jenner - Andrighetto
Watson (NSH) - Ennis - Armia
Boucher - Stajan (UFA18) - Jooris
Cousins
EXTRAS: Noesen, Nolan, Pakarinen, Ben Smith,

DEFENSE
Spurgeon - TVR
Vatanen - Green (UFA18)
Sustr - Nesterov
Oleksiak
EXTRAS: Petrovic, Chris Wideman (UFA18), Mueller

GOALIE:
MAF
Grubauer
Subban

$10M in cap space. Average is 26.5 but Ive noted the guys who could fetch something as a rental at the 2018 deadline. Team should get younger in year 2, then finally better in year 3.

Went for stability on the back end and flexibility at forward, contract wise.

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team:
FORWARDS
Cousins

DEFENSE
Spurgeon - TVR
Vatanen - Green (UFA18)
Sustr - Nesterov
Oleksiak

GOALIE:
MAF
Grubauer
Subban

$10M in cap space. Average is 26.5 but Ive noted the guys who could fetch something as a rental at the 2018 deadline. Team should get younger in year 2, then finally better in year 3.

How does MAF get in there? More directed to TSN than yourself.

I get people assume he's going to wind up there but really...why? If you're him, you just won two playoff rounds, you have control over your destination, you're 32, have rings...why are you waiving to go suck on an expansion team? What possible motive is there for him to do this?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do teams have to provide their lists? Is it before game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team:
FORWARDS
Cousins

DEFENSE
Spurgeon - TVR
Vatanen - Green (UFA18)
Sustr - Nesterov
Oleksiak

GOALIE:
MAF
Grubauer
Subban

No chance they are going to expose Jenner.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does MAF get in there? More directed to TSN than yourself.

I get people assume he's going to wind up there but really...why? If you're him, you just won two playoff rounds, you have control over your destination, you're 32, have rings...why are you waiving to go suck on an expansion team? What possible motive is there for him to do this?

And at the other end, why would Vegas want MAF? He's old, mediocre, and comes with a huge price tag. It's not like they are likely to be competing for a Cup in the next couple seasons and need the veteran experience to help them through. They'd be much better off getting 2-3 young guys and seeing who wins the job.

I get he had a couple good series this playoffs, but he has a career .912 save percentage, and overall an even worse track record in the playoffs. He's made only one all-star team legitimately. Better to let young guys develop and use that money on forwards or defensemen that will put butts in seats.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this searching TSN a hour ago

draft simulator

Couple observations from me playing with that tool.

1. I went through it once and didn't even end up taking a goalie. I made it all the way to Vancouver and thought "Oh shit, I haven't taken a goalie yet..."

2. I can't tell you how many teams I went through where I also thought, "Can I pass?"

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple observations from me playing with that tool.

1. I went through it once and didn't even end up taking a goalie. I made it all the way to Vancouver and thought "Oh shit, I haven't taken a goalie yet..."

2. I can't tell you how many teams I went through where I also thought, "Can I pass?"

I made it as far as Boston Without taking a goalie

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what got Pee Wee Herman in trouble many years ago, couldn't keep his hands off his korpisalo in public?

Trivia question:

Who are the 3 most famous people in American history who were shot in the back of the head?

1. Abraham Lincoln
2. JFK
3. The guy sitting in front of Pee Wee Herman

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trivia question:

Who are the 3 most famous people in American history who were shot in the back of the head?

1. Abraham Lincoln
2. JFK
3. The guy sitting in front of Pee Wee Herman

giphy.gif

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forwards: Etem (RW Ducks), Vrbata(RW Phenoix), Moluson (LW Buffalo), Girgeronko (C Colorado), Glendening (C Detroit), Pittick (RW Edmonton), Vanek (LW Florida), Dowd (C Los Angeles), Waston (LW Nashville), Smith-Pelly (RW New Jeresy), Cluttterbuck(RW Islanders), Wingles (C Ottawa), Leier (LW Philly), Brodziak (C St. Louis), Kilhorn (C Tampa), Smith (RW Toronto), Winnick (LW Washington), Kosmachuk(RW Winnipeg)

Defense: Bartowski(Calgary), Dalbech (Carolina), Van Riemsdyk (Chicago), Johnson (Columbus), Spergoun (Minnisota), Emilin (Montreal), Clendenning (Rangers), Schlemko (San Jose), Sbisa (Vancouver)

Goalie: Subban (Boston), Niemi (Dallas), Flurey (Pittsburgh),

I'd make the Lines:

Vanek-Killorn-Vrbata-Johnson-Spergoun
Moluson- Brodziak-Clutterbuck-Sbisa-Vam Riemsdyk
Winnick-Glendening-Smith-Schlemko-Emlin
Watson-Girgeronko-Etem

Reserves: Wingles, Smith-Pelly, Dalbeck

Of course the Goalies are Flurey and Niemi

Bold Prediction: This team (because of the goalies) finishes in a WC spot