• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance Joseph Safe...For Now.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising at all. If and when the team stops being competitive in games or when the game telecast starts showing empty seats at Mile High, then we'll see Elway move quickly. He's got another 3-4 weeks IMO, if not the entire year. However, I don't see any way that VJ is the coach of the Broncos in 2019.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only game the Broncos weren’t competitive in was the Jets game. The only other game they lost by more than one score was the Ravens, and while I won’t blame the refs for the loss it’s impossoble to ignore how badly the Broncos got jobbed in that one.

With that said 3-6 is still 3-6. It may be a better team than last year’s 3-6 but it’s still 3-6. And coming out of the bye are 3 pretty stout opponents. The Broncos could conceivably be 3-9 pretty soon. I can’t see VJ retaining his seat through 3-9. even if the team is competive in those losses I think 3-9 would lose the locker room. That would mean an 8, 4, and 5 game skid under VJ.

I also think this means if the Broncos scatter some wins over the next 7 games and are competive in the losses, avoiding that 3-9 mark, and say finish at 6-10 or 7-9, we may see VJ get a third year. There is no denying it’s a better team than last year. Maybe Elway gives him a 3d season to see if they can continue the upward trend.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am an optimist and believe the Broncos could win the remaining games. They have to play well, but they could the 2 of the best teams in the league. I don't think there are any opponents that are better than the Chiefs and Rams on the schedule.

The question is will they win more then they lose in the next 7. If they win 4 or 5 or more games in the last 7 it would be hard to change the coaching staff.
At Chargers
Vs Steelers
At Bengals
At 49ers
vs Browns
At Raiders
Vs Chargers

They should be the 49ers and Raiders. Both those teams are struggling. The Browns seem to get in their own way and it is in Denver so I think we win those 3. Splitting with the Chargers is not unrealistic I don't think. The Steelers are not as good as in years past and the Bengals have cooled some after a hot start and we will see if Green is back for that game. I think 8-8 is possible, and with some breaks going our way we could get to 9-7. That said I could see us end up 6-10 too. The talent is there.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought VJ would be gone with no playoffs. Now it seems 8-8 is the number that might save VJ without blowout losses I see us at 6-10. I figure beating 9ers Raiders (unless they locked up draft spot they might try harder being at home on Christmas Eve) Browns. Pitt isn't good but, they always seem like a bad match up. Cincy is up in the air game. Chargers are playing well this year we might split this year.

Last edited:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Harbuagh is in crisis mode right now at the bye week. If he does not turn it around he'll be on a short list.
Sometimes after 10 years your message becomes stale but it does nto mean you are a bad coach.

Also Elway needs to get on the phone to Lincoln Riley. The NFL is pure fantasy league right now and he needs to get with he program

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco's logic - It is VJ's punishment to have to continue coaching these Broncos - well past the time anyone has any hope for improvement. Getting fired now - would be like getting a paid vacation - while someone else has to clean out the barn.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Broncos GM John Elway "has taken a special interest" in college-type offenses

Breer states that there is some buzz going around NFL circles that Broncos GM John Elway “has taken a special interest” in the college-type offensive concepts that their division rival Kansas City Chiefs have employed this year.

Here is Breer’s full quote on the subject from his NFL news piece.

9. Denver’s Vance Joseph is under a lot of pressure going forward, and his staff’s handling of the end of the game against Houston is the type of thing that invites scrutiny in a time like that. It’s very fair to say Denver closed up shop once they got to the Texans 37 with 43 seconds left, which shows either too little confidence in the offense or too much confidence in kicker Brandon McManus. Either way, McManus missed a 51-yarder at the gun, which left the Broncos 3–6. And that with some buzz starting circulate in NFL circles that GM John Elway has taken a special interest in the kinds of college concepts his division rival Chiefs have employed, which could be a tip to his plans for January, if things keep going this way.

Breer goes on to state the obvious and criticize current Head Coach Vance Joseph’s handling of last Sunday’s game vs. the Texans. Joseph is clearly on the hot seat and GM John Elway’s lukewarm’s comments about him didn’t help his case. He told Orange and Blue 760 that “At this point in time, we’re going to stay the course”.

“At this point in time, we’re going to stay the course. I think there’s enough good things that are going on as far as us and the way that we’re playing,” Elway said. “I’m much more encouraged this year than I was last year.”

The next piece of Breer’s paragraph is the most interesting part. He states that there is some buzz starting circulate in NFL circles that GM John Elway has taken a “special interest in the kinds of college concepts his division rival Chiefs have employed”.

If true, this is some big-time news for the Broncos future and potentially lays out some Head Coaching candidates for them. The big one that instantly comes to mind is the man who currently has a hands on role with the Kansas City Chiefs offense. That person being Chiefs Offensive Coordinator, Eric Bieniemy.

His offense is currently 3rd in total yards per game(433.4 yards per game), 3rd is passing yards per game(315.9 yards per game), and tops in the league at scoring with 36.3 points per game. He also has first-year starting quarterback Patrick Mahomes on pace for over 50 touchdowns this season.

Now, Bieniemy doesn’t call the plays on game days for the Chiefs, but he certainly plays a key role in the game-planning and so on throughout the week while also being the man in Mahomes ear during the game.

Reid calls the offensive plays while Bieniemy helps assemble the playbook and weekly game plans and runs the offensive meetings. He’s also the voice in Mahomes’ ear through the headset on game days relaying the playcalls.

Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid has a long list of coordinator’s who have turned into Head Coaches under his tutelage throughout his career, and Bieniemy may be the next. Reid in a recent interview raved about Bieniemy and how he trusts him and has full confidence in his ability.

“Quarterback is a detailed position,” Reid said. “... It’s very easy to go, ‘Ah, we can let that one slide.’ That’s [not] how [Bieniemy] goes about it. He’s going to make sure everything is covered. I trust him for that. I can’t be there every second. He jumps in and just takes charge and I have full confidence in him so I can go be the head coach and he can run the offense. He does a heck of a job with it.

When he brings it, he’s bringing it and it’s every day. He doesn’t let one thing slide. ... This is him. It’s attention to detail and ‘I’m going to make sure my closet is clean and your closet better be clean, too. If not I’m going to help you clean it.’”

This sounds like the type of coach General Manager John Elway may key in on this offseason if/when they fire current Head Coach Vance Joseph. I mean, who better to bring in than the guy who helps assemble the Chiefs playbook, the weekly game plans, and runs the Chiefs offensive meetings?

This move would obviously be a risky one since Bieniemy has no Head Coaching experience, no play calling experience at the NFL level, and only has been an Offensive Coordinator for one year at the NFL level, but he makes sense if Elway goes down this road.

What also may help Bieniemy is his ties to Colorado. Since becoming General Manager of the Broncos, John Elway has brought in a good amount of coaches/executives/players who have ties with Elway and/or Colorado/Broncos/surrounding colleges.

He was an accomplished running back at Colorado during his college career and had two coaching stints with the college as well. He served as their Running Back’s coach from 2001 through 2002 and was their Offensive Coordinator from 2011 through 2012 before joining the Chiefs offensive staff as a Running Back’s coach. So this would be a popular hire within the city and a familiar name with many Broncos fans as well which is always a plus.

Now, Bieniemy isn’t the only potential head coaching candidate to fit this profile but makes the most sense going off Breer’s report. Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley is another interesting name to watch here as well, but he is probably a longshot and potentially a favorite for the Cleveland Browns job.

So what do you think Broncos Country? What do you think about Eric Bieniemy potentially being in the running for the Broncos Head Coaching job? Who else do you think would make sense?

MORE FROM MILE HIGH REPORT

PROMOTED VIDEO
Click to learn more

AdSprite.ComView Site

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling Lincoln Riley right now. Riley can always go back to the college ranks if it does not work out and get mega $$$.

I am an optimist and believe the Broncos could win the remaining games. They have to play well, but they could the 2 of the best teams in the league. I don't think there are any opponents that are better than the Chiefs and Rams on the schedule.

The question is will they win more then they lose in the next 7. If they win 4 or 5 or more games in the last 7 it would be hard to change the coaching staff.
At Chargers
Vs Steelers
At Bengals
At 49ers
vs Browns
At Raiders
Vs Chargers

They should be the 49ers and Raiders. Both those teams are struggling. The Browns seem to get in their own way and it is in Denver so I think we win those 3. Splitting with the Chargers is not unrealistic I don't think. The Steelers are not as good as in years past and the Bengals have cooled some after a hot start and we will see if Green is back for that game. I think 8-8 is possible, and with some breaks going our way we could get to 9-7. That said I could see us end up 6-10 too. The talent is there.

Pitts may have figured it out. That will be a fun game to gauge the Denver Broncos. They need to win against a playoff contender not just lose a close game.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit. The RPO is a great idea, and I'd love to see us implement it - with a young qb.

But as for coaches, bring in Harbaugh. The sane one. Hire someone to run an RPO offense.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Kubiak certainly had a successful 2014 under Harbaugh as OC .. so there's that connection ..

Ozzie will step down and the Ravens are looking at a new GM coming in -- everything I have read indicates Harbaugh and the Ravens will part ways - amicably .. Which, to me, means that it is a done deal as of now ..

Maybe this is why John didn;t fire Vance after the Houston game ... what sense would there be in having an interim for seven games when you already have your HC of the future lined up for next season ??

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have Jim but John would be alright.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jim's message and over exuberance tends to ware on a locker room. 4-5 years is about what he has before the issues begin. I think with this said that college is a perfect fit for him. Guys I like on the list that Crash provided are:
Jim Schwartz - Has head Coaching experience and has complete control of the Eagles defense.
Dennis Allen - Is a very good coordinator, and has had Head Coaching. I think he got a bit of a raw deal in Oakland.

Guys that are intriguing:
John Harbaugh - I think he is a good coach but his teams in Baltimore seem to underachieve lately. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good.
Chris Petersen - He has a very solid college resume, but many great college coaches don't translate to the NFL. Look at Nick Saban.
John DeFilippo - He was able to get the best out of Wentz and Foles. He only has 1 year as an OC but seems to have a reasonable handle on running an offense in Minnesota.
David Shaw - See Chris Peterson
Dave Toub - John Harbaugh has had success coming out of the Special Teams role, and he could be the next good one.
Lincoln Riley - See Chris Peterson
Kris Richard - No DC experience and I believe it my be too big of jump.
Bill Musgrave - Bill has not gotten the most out of our Offensive talent so far. He seems to be getting better.
Paul Guenther - His hard nosed mentality might be just what Denver needds.

Guys I don't like:
Mike Shanahan - This reminds me of Jon Gruden. A past coach that was time has passed by.
Matt Lafleur - His offense was very good with the Rams, but how much of that was McVay. The Tennessee offense has not be lighting the scoreboard.
Jim Bob Cooter - The Lions have had telent for years, but never been as good as they could be. This year it seems to have taken a step back.
James Bettcher - I am not sold on him as a DC and thus not sure I am ready to give him the keys to the team.
Jim Harbaugh - I view him as a short term solution.
Teryl Austin - He has been fired as DC. Not sure that is a ringing endorsement for a promotion to Head Coach

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jim's message and over exuberance tends to ware on a locker room. 4-5 years is about what he has before the issues begin. I think with this said that college is a perfect fit for him. Guys I like on the list that Crash provided are:
Jim Schwartz - Has head Coaching experience and has complete control of the Eagles defense.

That's not a good thing though, especially after what Zeke did to them on Sunday. I wouldn't want anyone from the Eagles just because no one has proven they aren't a one year wonder.

These are their Defensive rankings this year;
Rushing 93.4 (7th)
Passing 285.3 (25th)
OVR 359.2 (16th)

To me if you're going to be giving a Coordinator a promotion they need to have several years of being one of the best at their job before they take over as HC.

Now it's a little different if you're choosing someone who is currently a HC because then you should be looking for experience and how their locker room responds to them.

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have Jim but John would be alright.

Finally a winner I was thinking the same today. I Love the physicalness of both brothers teams but Jim just seems to build a bruiser of a team.

I will say this you seen what John taught Kubiak. It damn well-made teams that played us go south after we played them they lost several games because how physical we played them.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Wolfe:

“I thought we were going to have a quarterback. I thought we were going to keep a lot of the guys on the defense,” Wolfe said. “That’s why I took that haircut. A huge haircut, because I wanted to stay here and be a part of the best defense to play it. I didn’t know that [former Broncos DC] Wade [Phillips] was going to end up leaving. I thought I was going to have Wade for a while. Nothing against Joe Woods, I was just really comfortable with where I was at. Then everything changed.”

Derek Wolfe unhappy about Broncos: 'Everything changed'

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be one of the strangest reasons I’ve ever seen someone as to why they cut their hair.

He Took way less money today to keep the team together. He was willing to give up some pay to be a part of something special and they killed it with letting Wade go.

And not getting a QB .

He was right I stated Wade goes so does our D I was right!