• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big bball fan, and even moreso this year because I want to see what JJ is going to do and football is going so terribly lol

I usually find myself more involved in bball once football lets me down. Then bball lets me down even more and my focus switches to spring ball. It's a painful cycle.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Thompson ‏@TrevBallinTrey2
I think I might have grew might have reach 7'0 I need to get my weight up though only 215.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we started off hot, i think up 13-0 at one point, now we are only up 28-24 late in the first half. i think eddie is forcing it up a bit too much right now, otherwise i think we are doing alright. just wish we wouldn't let teams hang around when we put them in a hole to start with.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice timeout taken by JJ. up 12 at the half now, nice bounceback. our outside shooting has been good, green already with 17

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokie basketball undefeated!!! Final Four or bust!!! #BasketballSchool

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing CJB and Rankin are both a little banged up and that has been impacting their play. Hope they can get back to 100%.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing CJB and Rankin are both a little banged up and that has been impacting their play. Hope they can get back to 100%.

Let's hope they get back soon. We really need Rankin to spell Green, as Marcus Patrick doesn't seem like a reliable option when we hit the tougher part of our schedule. If CJB gets back to 100% the starting line-up will be solid, as the 4 seems to be our weakest spot right now with CJB playing injured and Wood still developing. Still a lot of question marks with this team, but lots of potential and they seem to be having fun playing for JJ.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope they get back soon. We really need Rankin to spell Green, as Marcus Patrick doesn't seem like a reliable option when we hit the tougher part of our schedule. If CJB gets back to 100% the starting line-up will be solid, as the 4 seems to be our weakest spot right now with CJB playing injured and Wood still developing. Still a lot of question marks with this team, but lots of potential and they seem to be having fun playing for JJ.

I didn't think Patrick was a reliable option when we were playing Rhode Island. Realistically, he shouldn't be touching the floor when our schedule toughens up.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delaware 59 Virginia 53
Florida Gulf Coast 63 Miami 51

Guess VT can't afford to lose to these jokers, even on the road...or it'll count as a "bad" loss.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reminded about this after seeing the top ten plays tonight. Am I the only one who thinks our team has, for the last few years, dunked a lot less than other teams? Just a random thought and maybe I'm crazy.

FightingGobbler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reminded about this after seeing the top ten plays tonight. Am I the only one who thinks our team has, for the last few years, dunked a lot less than other teams? Just a random thought and maybe I'm crazy.

No, this is definitely true. I've noticed it for a couple years, especially when we play teams like Dook and UNC, and they're throwing down at least a couple every game against us. We hadn't run a backdoor oop against the zone in a couple years before ETSU on Saturday. I think this is something that will increase as the players get more comfortable with JJ's system.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball signing period starts today. Virginia Tech has a total of 4 commits for this 2013 class. I'm not sure if we have a listing of basketball commits on this forum, so I'll go ahed and make one (from FREE rivals and ESPN pages) so people know what we're getting.

Donte Clark - SG - 6'4"
Rivals: 4 stars
ESPN: 4 stars (89th overall)

Ben Emegolu - SG - 6'5"
Rivals: Unrated
ESPN: 3 stars

Maurice Kirby - C - 6'9"
Rivals: 2 stars
ESPN: 2 stars

Trevor Thompson - C - 6'9"
Rivals: 3 stars
ESPN: 3 stars

All together it's a pretty impressive class that JJ and crew scrapped up through all the turmoil in the program. Each of these guys (except Kirby) had offers from programs in BCS conferences. It's not as highly touted as a couple of Greenberg's classes, but these guys should surprise some people.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clark has signed, Ben is getting ready to sign according to his twitter feed. Kirby and Thompson will sign later today I believe.

I do not know much about bball but I like these 4, Hope we go after 1 more this year (when is the reg. signing day???)