• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:pound:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buzz Williams on his <a href="">October 29, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1JGcrGIMAAe0t0.png

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the positive take away, anything better than last place is exceeding expectations

VT's schedule really sucks.....we do get GT and BC at home, but most of the other bottom feeders on the road....@Wake, @Clemson, split w/ Miami, @NCSU, split w/ FSU. Of course there is always hope for pulling an upset against one of the top tier programs, but I don't see it happening.

:L

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
247 b-ball recruiting guy:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes. Have Virginia Tech for Chris Clarke. Tough one, though <a href="http://t.co/mhQzt2Y9Rz">http://t.co/mhQzt2Y9Rz</a> RT <a href="">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>All four staffs think a different school is going to get Chris Clarke. Or just saying that. RT <a href="">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There was a "secret" scrimmage. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If you add up the scores from the four afternoon basketball scrimmages between the <a href="">November 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard about VT and S.Carolina scrimmaging months ago.....I believe they did it last year as well. South Carolina was picked to finish in the bottom 3 of the SEC this year.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Breaking News:

Virginia Tech flipped Chris Clarke from Tennessee.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
#JENGA!
— Buzz Williams (@TeamCoachBuzz) November 6, 2014

-----------

Perfect timing, too -- the week before early signing day.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News:

Virginia Tech flipped Chris Clarke from Tennessee.

moneyball-fist-pump-o.gif

2 other thoughts:

1) I wonder if the flip had anything to do with Tenn's coach being linked to an investigation at his former school. Supposedly he contributed to recruiting violations

2) Who's scholly is Clarke getting?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome news. We are gonna love his motor.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very good question. A little attrition is pretty normal though, we will see if there is an odd man out in terms of PT this season

Got to think Buzz is going to keep the guys he has brought in. That narrows it down to Adam Smith and Devin Wilson since we are guard heavy.....I guess you could throw Bibbs and Hudson in there as well. It sounds like Buzz has been praising Malik Muller. I really liked how Devin Wilson was coming along last year....I think he can be a good player in Buzz's system, so we'll see. Unless Adam Smith becomes a legit 3-point threat, I don't see how he will make it.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to think Buzz is going to keep the guys he has brought in. That narrows it down to Adam Smith and Devin Wilson since we are guard heavy.....I guess you could throw Bibbs and Hudson in there as well. It sounds like Buzz has been praising Malik Muller. I really liked how Devin Wilson was coming along last year....I think he can be a good player in Buzz's system, so we'll see. Unless Adam Smith becomes a legit 3-point threat, I don't see how he will make it.
Adam Smith is a legit 3 point threat. He struggles in the paint and on defense.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've got to believe that Buzz will keep the players that are best overall and the best for his system at the right time.

It's a shame about the scholarship limit, and I wouldn't want to see him doing that on a regular basis, but it is what it is. I think he's doing the right thing, and the correct result will come of it. If someone needs to transfer at the end of the year, I'm sure they'll end up in the best spot for them.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to believe that Buzz will keep the players that are best overall and the best for his system at the right time.

It's a shame about the scholarship limit, and I wouldn't want to see him doing that on a regular basis, but it is what it is. I think he's doing the right thing, and the correct result will come of it. If someone needs to transfer at the end of the year, I'm sure they'll end up in the best spot for them.

I completely agree. His job is to make the bball team competitive (and quickly). I would like to think he won't release his own players if they "aren't cutting the mustard"... But with very limited schollies, like you said, it is a necessary evil at times.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erick Green got some minutes last night against Cleveland. Went 3 for 3, 6 pts, 1 assist, 1 reb in 9 minutes.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I found the quotes from Montrezl Harrell interesting, in an article by by Mark Berman

Louisville gives ACC another basketball power - GoDanRiver.com: Virginia Tech

Louisville is led by junior power forward Montrezl Harrell, an All-America candidate who made the preseason All-ACC team Wednesday. He considered turning pro after last season before deciding to remain with the Cardinals.

“Harrell is as good as any power forward in the game,” Pitino said.

Harrell, a Hargrave Military Academy graduate, originally signed with Virginia Tech. But when Seth Greenberg was fired as Tech’s coach in April 2012 and was replaced with James Johnson, Harrell obtained a release from his letter-of-intent and signed with Louisville.

“I would have stuck with my choice to go to Virginia Tech [if Greenberg had not been fired],” said Harrell, who averaged 14 points and 8.4 rebounds last season. “I picked Tech because of Coach Greenberg.

“So when Coach Greenberg was fired, I watched that press conference that day. I was at Hargrave watching on my computer. Once I [had] seen that he was being fired and they really didn’t give a solid reason as to why, I kind of felt like, ‘Why do I still have to go this school? This coach [Johnson], he’s never been a head coach before, I don’t know how he’s going to utilize me.’ ”