• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson seems solid. I'm a little surprised he wasn't more heavily recruited though.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we expect we'll do this year? I'm looking forward to the Bball season because I have zero expectations. Kinda where I'm always at with Bball, save a few frustrating years under Seth when we were supposed to be good but never really made it happen (always losing to someone like Marshall on the way).

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we expect we'll do this year? I'm looking forward to the Bball season because I have zero expectations. Kinda where I'm always at with Bball, save a few frustrating years under Seth when we were supposed to be good but never really made it happen (always losing to someone like Marshall on the way).

We should win most of the non-conference games.....only @ PSU and @ WVU look troublesome. The early conference slate is murderer's row. VT really only has JVZ and a freshman big....everyone else is a guard. Big defensive teams like FSU, Pitt, etc... will give us trouble.

Not sure what Buzz is going to do if JVZ gets into foul trouble. Normally you'd expect to slow the pace down when you have key players in foul trouble, but fast breaks are probably the best way for a guard heavy team to score.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, bigs are definitely going to be our problem/weakness this year. I would hope for a slight improvement over last year overall, but it is hard to say. The next year should be a big improvement with the addition of the transfers, and growth of the young guys.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This guy would be a huge get. #1 player in VA who blew up this past summer. AAU teammate of Justin Robinson. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Virginia Tech is on a major run in <a href="">October 14, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as bigs this year, besides JVZ and the aforementioned freshman (Satchel Pierce) we'll also have 6' 8" PF Shane Henry, a JuCo transfer. He is immediately eligible. And I believe the walk-on Beyer is returning. We also have some wings that may be able to slide down into the post for a few minutes if necessary. So it's not quite as dire as all that... Not good, but hopefully we can make it through the year.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Shane any relation to Mark Henry?

markhenry_widescreen.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really gotten into full basketball mode yet so I couldn't really give a super informed hot take on VT Basketball's performance this year. But I'd say records don't really matter. What matters most is seeing Buzz lay the ground work for what he wants and stick with it, something JJ never bothered to do except pay lip service to. Instead of looking at wins/losses throughout the year, we should be looking to see if the team in January is better than the team in December, and February is better than January, etc.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if we won every OOC game at the start or just lost one. Lots of cream puffs. But the lack of size and our overall youth will destroy us in ACC play (to be expected, that's ok). But I expect Buzz's team to be pesky and probably give a few teams an unexpected run for their money. Prediction: We won't finish dead last in the ACC as everyone will vote us.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be interesting year. Lots of young great talent coming in at the wing. We get Wilson and Smith back. The post is thin but JVZ is returning and I think Shane Henry and Scatchel Pierce will both make an immediate impact.

I think we will play a lot of 4 guard lineups this year.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SMU's Ben Emelogu has received a waiver from the NCAA to play the whole 14-15 season, source told <a href="">October 24, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggets made their final roster cuts today...ERICK GREEN MADE THE TEAM!

*fistpump*

Hokies finally get an NBA player. He'll be the first one to play in the regular season since Zabian Dowdell played the final 2 months for the Suns 3 or 4 years ago

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SMU's Ben Emelogu has received a waiver from the NCAA to play the whole 14-15 season, source told <a href="">October 24, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anyone know what reason he offered in his waiver application?

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
#1 player in VA would be a great get. At least we have a shot. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'm announcing what college I will attend on Thursday at 250 in the gym EVERYBODY COME ❗️</p>&mdash; ✞ ✞ ✞ (@Chris_Clarkee) <a href="">October 28, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we transitioning into a basketball school? :noidea: