• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: UW @ ASU

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but to site that we are 0-2 vs good pass rushing isn't the whole story either.

No it's not the whole story, and I never said it was. I said we are 0-2 vs teams this season that put a lot of pressure on Price.

I know full well why we lost the Stanford game. There were 3 glaring issues. Special teams being the biggest. The massive amount of penalties, many of which were drive killing, and the pass blocking.

If you eliminate any one of those 3 issues in that particular game, I believe UW would have won.

I'm being critical here. I'm not the one saying this is why they lost period.

Let me ask you this. If Stanford had 0 sacks do you think they still would have won?

I don't.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacks are going to happen against good defenses. I'm not sure it's feasible to think UW could have protected that well for an entire game against that squad.

Most games in football are won by the team that performs best on both lines. It will be a key in this game as well,not just for Price and how the offense does against it, but can UW put the kind of pressure on ASU that Stanford did in their win? Both will have some quantifiable success in their pass rush game, but which will do better at getting the ball out on blitzes and who will make the most plays out of it? Even if ASU does pressure as well as Stanford did (really doubt that. Stanfrod is Stanford) I'm not sure that alone beats UW in this game. Still I will be watching how UW's defense does at coverage on blitz plays.

You just keep on being critical IB. Every team needs fans with alternate views. :suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just keep on being critical IB. Every team needs fans with alternate views.

I'll keep looking at an entire game to see the reasons we lost, and not just the apparent ones.

I'll also maintain my opinion that if the ASU pass rush that was supposed to be here arrives vs UW we will lose that game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't busting on you man. Save your blows for those wisky and duck fans.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Join us in the gameday thread on the main CFB board harold.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game UW. ASU respects you. I hope Price heals.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game UW. ASU respects you. I hope Price heals.

:wtf: I don't respect us right now, why would anyone else? That was the most pathetic attempt of a game I've seen in many, many years. Your defense played great, but our offense didn't do a single thing right and that just isn't acceptable with what they have on the field.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday was definitely a depressing end to a great, long weekend.
Was anyone else aware that The Shocker was an official emblem of ASU, sanctioned by the university?
122ni2o.png

Its very disturbing seeing a bunch of 5, 6, 7 year-olds, etc with these foam fingers on.
We had a conversation with our waitress at Hooters (an Environmental Studies student that fits right in, down there) during the 2nd half/after the game and, bless her, she defended it to no end.... "No, no, its a PITCHFORK...."

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday was definitely a depressing end to a great, long weekend.
Was anyone else aware that The Shocker was an official emblem of ASU, sanctioned by the university?
122ni2o.png

Its very disturbing seeing a bunch of 5, 6, 7 year-olds, etc with these foam fingers on.
We had a conversation with our waitress at Hooters (an Environmental Studies student that fits right in, down there) during the 2nd half/after the game and, bless her, she defended it to no end.... "No, no, its a PITCHFORK...."

I tried to tell her its a trident. OH well. She will get it right by her Sr year.