• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC top Program of All time

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm making the call, it's over. When Alabama kicked their ass all over the field after their best season in 20 years the nail was in the coffin. With the playoff system in place I don't see them winning a NC in the next 20 years either.

Rudy > Forest Gump

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only about a dozen schools that have a crying ass chance of being listed in any legitimate all-time Top 5 ranking. And depending on whether or not those particular teams are "up" or "down" over the past few years will determine who gets the nod for #1 through #5. Right now Alabama's hot as fire. In a few years it could be USC, OU, Texas or someone else who is "#1" because they are on a hot streak. It's all a cycle. But the top dozen programs are going to be pretty consistent over an extended period of time who have an argument being in the all-time Top 5.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm making the call, it's over. When Alabama kicked their ass all over the field after their best season in 20 years the nail was in the coffin. With the playoff system in place I don't see them winning a NC in the next 20 years either.

The academic standards don't help their cause. When I watch Notre Dame play, they're usually pretty tough in the trenches for the most part but they lack supreme athletes at the skill positions and to me they seriously lack team speed. They could use a little more creativity with schemes and play-calling as well. And I'm not hating on them. I actually really like Notre Dame.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The academic standards don't help their cause. When I watch Notre Dame play, they're usually pretty tough in the trenches for the most part but they lack supreme athletes at the skill positions and to me they seriously lack team speed. They could use a little more creativity with schemes and play-calling as well. And I'm not hating on them. I actually really like Notre Dame.

Hard to like them. The biggest reason being is there is not a team in the country that would get picked over them with the same record. That is why I have them #1 and why I cant stand them

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to like them. The biggest reason being is there is not a team in the country that would get picked over them with the same record. That is why I have them #1 and why I cant stand them

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school. I understand why most people hate them. Where I'm from in Boise most people who didn't attend my school absolutely hate my high school.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put much stock into USC's NFL Draft numbers and such. Not that it doesn't have meaning, it's obviously a sign of bringing in quality talent. However, it is a team sport, and the measure of a team is what they accomplish together as a team.

Give some weight to it, but I don't know if a composite that ranks these categories as having even meaning is really a good measure.

Kind of the same deal with conference championships. Obviously a sign of having good teams, but then not all of these conferences were created equal, and back in the day 8 teams was a conference. Probably still weight it higher than NFL players since it is a team accomplishment.

I disagree with the guy who said wins weren't important. The key words in the discussion is "all time", not "since 1936" or "since the modern era" or whatever.

I do think teams should be looked at in terms of all their wins, vacated games are bullshit. This would obviously mean USC should gain 1 national championship.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy > Forest Gump

Forest Gump was a way better movie and it doesn't have anything to do with Alabama or Notre Dame. The kind of stuff they did with Forest Gump and putting him into real history events was just awesome. It gets done more and more now, but back then it was cutting edge and so well done.

Only thing about Forest Gump is it falls off in the end.

Rudy was a good movie as well, but mostly because it's a football movie and it's hard to make those suck.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: :pound: :pound:
They have 26 Alabama 28 ND with 24 Oklahoma with 23 USC with 22.
Hell, That's all of college football right there.
Yeah - I'm afraid that if we used a pie chart to determine the fraction of total national championships won by each school, we would need to use several pies.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I remember people saying the same thing about Ohio State 20 years ago.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Natty on a platter!" Was it Mamba or Cliff Harris who coined that one? I wonder what Harris is up to these days. Hopefully he's a free man. At one point I believe he was signed as a free agent, but I have to think he's out of the league now. What a shame. That guy was a stud, such an athlete. I'll never forget his quote to the officer who pulled him over for doing 120 on the freeway when he was at Oregon. When asked where the weed was at because the car reeked he replied, "We smoked it all." Classic.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Princeton's last of 26 National Championships came in 1935.
Yeah, they thought it wasn't over either for a long time.
Then they joined the Ivy League 20 years later.
So much for hope.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Princeton's last of 26 National Championships came in 1935. Yeah, they thought it wasn't over either for a long time. Then they joined the Ivy League 20 years later. So much for hope.
One thing I don't get about the Ivy League - why in the bloody hell do they not let their football champion play in the post-season? They do in every other sport! Lame.