• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA vs Portugal

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The million dollar question is why did you disappear once we scored?

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The million dollar question is why did you disappear once we scored?

I have a six week year old and a wife who could care less about sports. He was off the boob and in my arms in the second half. Anyway, I was feeling negative, first goal really pissed me off. Second one ripped my heart out.

I'm with the consensus that Bradley made a poor decision and that last run was on him. Ugh.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno shit about this game...but both Portugal goals (1st 5 min and, especially, in the last 30 sec) came, it sure seemed, because of criminally lazy defenders in the forecourt(?) penalty area. Seemed like that line was/is the weak link to an otherwise strong chain.

ficken Deutschland!

:suds:

Second one was a world class cross and a perfectly timed run. First goal was dog shit defense.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, our odds to go through are very high. If the USA doesn't advance to the knock out stage, the odds are they didn't deserve it. Unless Portugal just gives up and gets raped by Ghana and we completely shit our pants, we will be through even with a loss. Were still sitting pretty. I say go for the throat and try to beat Germany.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope the US isn't hung over from this match.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope the US isn't hung over from this match.

Could of said the same thing after the Ghana match. If anything, the team has got to feel good about most of their performances today, but still a bit punched in the gut over those two goals by Portugal. Both where stupid mistakes that cost us a W.

I was a bit concerned with Clint Dempsey having a slight limp when he was transferred out right before the end of the game.

The just need some good nights of rest the next 3 days and light practices. Get the hell out of the middle of the Amazon and get over to Recife on the coastline immediately. Ghana gave Germany a workout as well. They'll be feeling it this week too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how hard Germany will push.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not that hard. They earn 1st place with just a draw

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first 15 minutes we dominated. Heads high. We play like that Thursday and we likely move on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a six week year old and a wife who could care less about sports. He was off the boob and in my arms in the second half. Anyway, I was feeling negative, first goal really pissed me off. Second one ripped my heart out.

I'm with the consensus that Bradley made a poor decision and that last run was on him. Ugh.

Put me down for you bailed when the US scored. Funny, almost every post I've read that you have said about soccer has been wrong. Go back and reread the beginning of this thread. You strike me as the type that gets so stubborn and arrogant to show how smart he is that you were actually hoping we'd lose so you could come on and say I told you so...I know, I know, you wanted so desperately to type how happy you were after Dempsey scored, but you had the baby in your arms...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Johnson and Beasley making things happen on the run today? I thought both were incredible today. So many "almosts" from pure hustle.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beauty of what has happened is that the US played poorly and still beat a very good ghana team. Then play excellent except for two mistakes, and out play an elite team.

If the US loses to Germany, no harm done as they are arguably the best team in the world. No shame in that. Get any kind of result and skies the limit.

The rest of the football world can suck it, we saw tonight that the US game has evolved for the better. I had no idea what this team was after the Ghana game. Happy to say they can stay on the pitch with most and should no longer be underestimated.

US soccer has arrived advancing or not, and the rest of the soccer loving world can suck on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me down for you bailed when the US scored. Funny, almost every post I've read that you have said about soccer has been wrong. Go back and reread the beginning of this thread. You strike me as the type that gets so stubborn and arrogant to show how smart he is that you were actually hoping we'd lose so you could come on and say I told you so...I know, I know, you wanted so desperately to type how happy you were after Dempsey scored, but you had the baby in your arms...

Ha, I don't really care and odd that you guys even notice. Get a grip, it sports.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Johnson and Beasley making things happen on the run today? I thought both were incredible today. So many "almosts" from pure hustle.

Johnson has the ability to be a world class right back. He's going to be so important against Germany.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally home and able to post. Emotional game to say the least.

Here are my thought:

- I can't believe you all sat here watching the game with OD posting in this thread. That guy is fucking clueless and one of the worst on Hoop.

- For the casual (or non) soccer fan, I think you got a chance to see that the US can play with the best in the world. Portugal is 3rd in the FIFA rankings. There really wasn't much between the two teams at all. Also, you should appreciate Tim Howard. He is a top 3 goalie in the world.

- Aside from Cameron playing like absolute dick, the back line played one of the best games I've ever seen them play. I was pumped seeing the outside guys step in front of passes, go into challenges hard, not get beat. For 88 minutes, it was great.

- Where did this version of Jermaine Jones come from?

- The tie sucks, but we're still in good shape. I hope this doesn't get in the guys heads. They need to show up and get a result against Germany.

- Jurgen is the best coach we've ever had.

- Hey Germany, how about we tap the ball at kickoff and all 22 just walk off the field? Cool?

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how hard Germany will push.

I really think it depends on how they feel about Jurgen.... Seems Jurgen gets a bit of credit for being the catalyst behind this German team and he is respected for it. So maybe we can throw out vengeance which is good. Regardless, they do not want to give the US any life, if they do lead, I see them sitting on it.

European soccer loves to sit on leads, Portugal did not show it's teeth until we went ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DeAndre Yedlin is going to end up being a world class right back

Did he show us something or what? World class speed and a great offensive run.

We are probably one or two seasoned backs from being very scary.