• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA VS Germany

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense needs to be sharper and much improved going forward...

Bradley is something special that I don't understand.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a person on the planet would've predicted us advancing when we drew the group of death.

Awesome day for US soccer.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a person on the planet would've predicted us advancing when we drew the group of death.

Awesome day for US soccer.

Understand your point....

But this guy <------- said that we would go 1-1-1 and advance.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley is a freakin bum. He MUST be benched.

Also, Altidore has got to suit up. Rub some dirt on it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We deserved it this year. We have backed in before, but this was earned.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley is a freakin bum. He MUST be benched.

Also, Altidore has got to suit up. Rub some dirt on it.

Go back to bed, Kramer.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We barely survived but we survived! That's great. I didn't think we could get out of this group but we found a way. As far as I'm concerned, everything else is just gravy.

But we did not play well at all today. Outside of Howard and maybe Gonzalez and Beasley, everyone was just meh to poor. We couldn't keep the ball worth shit. I think Germany easily could have crushed us but to me it looked like they were content with the 1-0 and let off a bit. And Michael Bradley, seriously, get it together. He was so good for us in qualifiers but outside of a couple of spots in some games, his touches have been terrible. I don't know what's going on but it looks like he's having a very tough time controlling the ball after his first touch. No way I'd take him out but things would be so much easier for us if he figures it out.

Looks like we're likely playing Belgium. Like I said, I think everything else is just gravy but we actually stand a chance to beat them if we play like we did against Portugal.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley has played poorly in two of the three games. Weather conditions played a part today, but I thought Bradley played well defensively today, just lackadaisical on offense. Fatigue was evident fosho.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we simply lost to a better team today. Time to show up or shut up against belgium.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany definitely exposed the US in terms of adding pressure to their defenders, especially when they have the ball...

Noticed when the Germans were constantly challenging, being aggressive with pressure etc... not many of the US players were moving to help the attackee. If Beckerman was getting bottled up, hardly any teammate moved to help relieve that pressure. Lots of standing and poor decisions which were forced under pressure.

Got to play better. Need to stop carelessly kicking the ball, control it, move around and don't panic lol

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US was playing defense the entire match... Germany outplayed the US and deserved the win. With that said the US had their chances... Dempsey just hitting it over the crossbar being the closet. I just hope they get much needed rest before they play Belgium!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley has played poorly in two of the three games. Weather conditions played a part today, but I thought Bradley played well defensively today, just lackadaisical on offense. Fatigue was evident fosho.

I thought Bradley played OK today. He had 2 long passes that were incredibly hard that were inches from being golden scoring opportunities and had some other nice passes too. He also was very active defensively even getting way more upfield than I would have expected to put pressure on the Germans. I thought Dempsey was off a little today.

Contrary to what many have said here, I thought we played well today. This was the German team that could very well be the best team in the world and we were one unlucky rebound on a save by Howard or one header at the end of the game that just missed from tying them even though we had a tougher travel route and one less day off.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree completely here. The bad part is, in that third game, he was terrible, not just playing poorly like in the other 2 games.

He looked in-form leading up to this tournament, and has looked like garbage in all 3 in Brazil so far.
Maybe he needs to be in more of a CDM position instead of CAM. Not sure that a position swap should magically turn his touch into complete shit, but it is what it is.

Maybe he's just being a baby cause his dad didn't know how to manage an international team and Klinsmann is legit. Not sure what it is, but he is OFF his game, and lack of possession/attack has been a glaring weakness for this squad.