• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA VS Germany

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!

:suds::usa2::usa2:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it enough and you might believe it?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe it. Do you?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fireworks-US-flag-28421135_71881_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL ADVANCE!!!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do we win?

I feel like we have a very solid squad, with a few areas where we are lacking. So how do we use our advantages and mask our disadvantages to beat a team like Germany?

I'm just curious to see what everyone thinks the best strategy is to get a victory or draw.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do we win?

I feel like we have a very solid squad, with a few areas where we are lacking. So how do we use our advantages and mask our disadvantages to beat a team like Germany?

I'm just curious to see what everyone thinks the best strategy is to get a victory or draw.

I say go with the same formation we did against Portugal. Keeping possession will be vital and a 5 man midfield gives us the best ability to do that. If we have an advantage, it's against their outside backs, so Johnson and Beasley need to be flying up the touch line and getting forward to give them headaches. Portugal changed their defense around 3 times because they couldn't cope with Johnson and Yedlin. To me, Johnson is the X factor. For that to work, Beckerman and jones have to be disciplined in covering for them when they do or the Germans will punish us on the counter.

Also, Bradley needs to step his game up and not lose the ball in bad positions. I'm also okay with starting bedoya in this game because while he always seems to lack ideas in the final third, he works his ass off on both sides of the ball and doesn't tend to give away the ball in bad spots.

We'll also need our bench to play a big role in this one as we will probably see some heavy legs in the first half so Jurgen will need to watch for that and make the right calls. Wondo probably gets in for his work ethic and ability to hold the ball as does Yedlin most likely. If we're down and needing a goal I could see green and Johanssen coming in.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well our chances of advancing even with a L just improved as it seems like there is turmoil in Ghana.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game may be postponed due to flooding in Recife. :(

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say go with the same formation we did against Portugal. Keeping possession will be vital and a 5 man midfield gives us the best ability to do that. If we have an advantage, it's against their outside backs, so Johnson and Beasley need to be flying up the touch line and getting forward to give them headaches. Portugal changed their defense around 3 times because they couldn't cope with Johnson and Yedlin. To me, Johnson is the X factor. For that to work, Beckerman and jones have to be disciplined in covering for them when they do or the Germans will punish us on the counter.

Also, Bradley needs to step his game up and not lose the ball in bad positions. I'm also okay with starting bedoya in this game because while he always seems to lack ideas in the final third, he works his ass off on both sides of the ball and doesn't tend to give away the ball in bad spots.

We'll also need our bench to play a big role in this one as we will probably see some heavy legs in the first half so Jurgen will need to watch for that and make the right calls. Wondo probably gets in for his work ethic and ability to hold the ball as does Yedlin most likely. If we're down and needing a goal I could see green and Johanssen coming in.

I agree with all of this and would add that the defense needs to find a level we have never seen in the history of US Soccer. Everything has to be timed, crisp, marked and cohesive in the backfield , efficient too. The defense needs to anticipate well - I'll assume Jurgen knows the Germans backwards and forwards, so perhaps we will be prepared for their timed, well angled, complex runs forward.

And I would add that Bradley will have to have the game of his life, Bedoya needs to be a factor nearly non existent against Portugal. It all has to come together- perfect soccer. Then, we can drag this out and tie. Getting the first goal would be a miracle.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a forward when I played so I'm more partial to that position. I love Fabian's speed. I just wish we had more team speed up front. Dempsey is fast but he seems to use his agility more. Beasley just couldn't beat any Portugese defender down the sideline last match.

This is why I agree that our possession is going to be huge in this match. None of this two-touch long pass or intercepted pass then back on defense shit. We need crisp passes and know when to pull back of te opportunity isn't there. If we can make their defense work, we have a chance. We have scored goals on set pieces as well as broken set pieces. We've scored from long range and close. We just need to make sure we're not killing these opportunities with errant passes.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we play the Germans the last time?

First we stormed the beaches of Normandy and then marched our Yankee asses right into Berlin, that's how.

USA! USA! USA!