• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today predicts us 5-11

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure the running game might be lacking again but it really doesnt matter when the passing attack is so good. Not to mention we added Perine so that may provide a boost.

You keep saying questionable Oline but we have a great Oline and its certainly better than Philly's.

Jeffery, Mathews, Smith, Ertz is not better than Pryor, Crowder, Doctson, Reed.

I think youre significantly overrating Blount. Hes solid. Solid isnt too hard to find at RB in the NFL. Theres a reason NE didnt bother bringing him back.

NYG have a good D but their O might not be better than the skins'. And while DAL has a good O, Zeke may end up suspended and their D is nothing to be afraid of.

Moral of the story...NYG and DAL may be the top 2 teams...but ruling out the skins is silly.

I think that thinking the Redskins have a winning records this year is silly. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, according to an article written a month ago, the Eagles have the best o-line in the NFL. That I don't agree with, but this article has the Redskns at #11, with the Cowboys and Eagles ahead of them.

Ranking all 32 offensive line units heading into the 2017 season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

That list is a joke. Go check some others & you will see vastly different results. They have the Cowboys at #9. Are you kidding me? They are either #1 or #2 on most lists.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if you are saying he has better weapons Wentz would be ranked higher than KC. One of the main reasons why KC is ranked so high is b/c of his supporting cast. By you saying the Eagles have a better supporting cast doesn't make sense.

Right now, Cousins is a better QB than Wentz but that's not a fair comparison because Wentz has only played 1 season and that season wasn't with 2 of the WRs and the RB that he will have this year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that thinking the Redskins have a winning records this year is silly. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I think that a huge part of this depends on 2 things - 1. Cousins development - he has come a long way since his first few years when he was a turnover machine. Now he simply appears to make critical mistakes at the tail end of big games. No reason to believe that he can't overcome this moving forward, but it is certainly not guaranteed.

2. Red zone improvement - for the reasons that I listed in my previous reply. If they improve in these areas they could do well especially w/ an improved defense. Will that result in a winning record? Who knows & again predictions at this time of the year are quite often way off base - the NFL just changes too much every year & injuries are the great equalizer.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - you seem to be insinuating that an O line is critical to the success of the offense (good assumption) & you also stated that the Cowboys have the best O line in the NFC (agree). However - for some reason you don't hold this against the Giants (who have a bad line) & then you provide a list of O line rankings which lists the Cowboys as #9. Strange. Sure the Giants have a great set of receivers, but having a bad O line and Manning on the decline could offset some of that.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - you seem to be insinuating that an O line is critical to the success of the offense (good assumption) & you also stated that the Cowboys have the best O line in the NFC (agree). However - for some reason you don't hold this against the Giants (who have a bad line) & then you provide a list of O line rankings which lists the Cowboys as #9. Strange. Sure the Giants have a great set of receivers, but having a bad O line and Manning on the decline could offset some of that.

I don't bring up the Giants O-line because Eli, Odell and the defense certainly more than make up for that. I feel that, with the Eagles and Redskins, the other sides of the ball don't make up for the offensive or defensive mistakes. Like if the o-line for Washington gives up a huge sack, usually their defense doesn't make a huge stop. Same thing with the Eagles. If Ryan Matthews fumbles again, the defense usually gives up at least a TD. If Eli Manning throws an INT or if he gets sacked twice in a series, you can usually count on the defense to make a stop or two.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't bring up the Giants O-line because Eli, Odell and the defense certainly more than make up for that. I feel that, with the Eagles and Redskins, the other sides of the ball don't make up for the offensive or defensive mistakes. Like if the o-line for Washington gives up a huge sack, usually their defense doesn't make a huge stop. Same thing with the Eagles. If Ryan Matthews fumbles again, the defense usually gives up at least a TD. If Eli Manning throws an INT or if he gets sacked twice in a series, you can usually count on the defense to make a stop or two.

Well - points well taken & this could turn out to be true. However you are stating your pt about the Redskins based on last years defense. The addition of Allen, Brown, Anderson, Swearinger & others could change that. We will see.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're running game and O-line are huge question marks and if your O-line is a question mark, that makes your QB a question mark and he's the guy that gets the ball every snap. It will be interesting but we'll see. I mean you guys finished 8-7-1 last year and it included a loss to the Cardinals. So the Cardinals are as winnable as you think but we'll see. I wish the Redskins would be better because I hate the Cowboys.

I know you are a fool when you claim our OL is a question mark.

You prove it when you say we need to look at the entire receiving corps instead of individuals and then leave out Jordan Reed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess we will see it on the field .

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all know that your non-divisional games are against the Cardinals, Seahawks, Chiefs, Raiders, right? There's 4 losses right there. And if you split with your division, which y'all probably will, that's 7 losses right there. Arguably, the Saints at home are a loss and the Broncos are a loss. I just don't see how you guys have a winning record this season. At best, 6-10.

I'm still surprised no one countered this with some minor adjustments to your own statements.
Cardinals, Seahawks, Chiefs, Raiders -- all likely losses.
Split Cowboys/Giants BUT there is no reason we shouldn't sweep the Eagles again.
Three injury prone FA additions and no cornerback improvements won't be able to stop our 3WR sets.
I agree we will loss to the broncos, although their QB situation is shaky.
...that's 7 losses. If we happen to get a surprise win in against the Cardinals or Chiefs, you can do the math and know where that puts us in the postseason.

...There is no reason to expect regression on offense, another decoy will take the place of Djax and force safety help or pay the price. Slot open all day, TE moving the chains all day, even if its Vernon Davis.
Again, if we can get ANY type of defensive pressure, you'll see an elite Josh Norman and not a hands of stone guy or Breeland looking terrible because he had to cover for 6 seconds. 9-10 wins is not unreasonable

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still surprised no one countered this with some minor adjustments to your own statements.
Cardinals, Seahawks, Chiefs, Raiders -- all likely losses.
Split Cowboys/Giants BUT there is no reason we shouldn't sweep the Eagles again.
Three injury prone FA additions and no cornerback improvements won't be able to stop our 3WR sets.
I agree we will loss to the broncos, although their QB situation is shaky.
...that's 7 losses. If we happen to get a surprise win in against the Cardinals or Chiefs, you can do the math and know where that puts us in the postseason.

...There is no reason to expect regression on offense, another decoy will take the place of Djax and force safety help or pay the price. Slot open all day, TE moving the chains all day, even if its Vernon Davis.
Again, if we can get ANY type of defensive pressure, you'll see an elite Josh Norman and not a hands of stone guy or Breeland looking terrible because he had to cover for 6 seconds. 9-10 wins is not unreasonable

I see the Raiders regressing, the Chiefs and Broncos both being about 8 win teams, and the Cardinals struggling.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT neske for the skins 385 snaps only gave up 1 snack:clap::clap:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the time of an NFL year where hope springs eternal. With the possible exception of NYJets fans there's great anticipation across the land and mental road maps being drawn towards what it will take to qualify for a playoff spot. True fanatics everywhere are simultaneously declaring possible victories against common opponents, when both cannot be true. Assumptions are made in tight vacuums where nothing changes from year to year therefore "we" should be better if this or that also happens. This is the fuel that feeds this eternal hope and while 12 of the 32 teams will qualify the vast majority of these clamoring hopeful are set up for bitter disappointment.

"Fuck them" seems to be the mantra because all we care about is "our" guys. "Just as long as we make it," is our refrain, while we rail against suggestions that don't favor our intended objective. It is interesting that we don't want to entertain the notion that 5-11 as possible....it honestly is, one of any number of ways that this season concludes. Of course a minimum 9 or 10 wins and a playoff spot for 31 of the 32 teams isn't possible, but right now......there's hope.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the time of an NFL year where hope springs eternal. With the possible exception of NYJets fans there's great anticipation across the land and mental road maps being drawn towards what it will take to qualify for a playoff spot. True fanatics everywhere are simultaneously declaring possible victories against common opponents, when both cannot be true. Assumptions are made in tight vacuums where nothing changes from year to year therefore "we" should be better if this or that also happens. This is the fuel that feeds this eternal hope and while 12 of the 32 teams will qualify the vast majority of these clamoring hopeful are set up for bitter disappointment.

"Fuck them" seems to be the mantra because all we care about is "our" guys. "Just as long as we make it," is our refrain, while we rail against suggestions that don't favor our intended objective. It is interesting that we don't want to entertain the notion that 5-11 as possible....it honestly is, one of any number of ways that this season concludes. Of course a minimum 9 or 10 wins and a playoff spot for 31 of the 32 teams isn't possible, but right now......there's hope.

I think only one person said 5-11 is not possible.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-11 is possible , but we can beat any team on our schedule if we play mistake free football . now we wont always but this is the first time in a long time where i felt we could beat anyone on our slate

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think only one person said 5-11 is not possible.

That would be me. Im here on record stating that no way in heck we win only 5 games. Might be 7,8 or 9 but not 5. Book it, Bet it, Bank it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-11 is possible , but we can beat any team on our schedule if we play mistake free football . now we wont always but this is the first time in a long time where i felt we could beat anyone on our slate

I'd agree with the Rams, 49ers, Vikings, Saints, Chargers and Rams. Hell, I'd even agree you MAY sweep the Eagles. But I don't see the Skins beating the Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks, Raiders, Cardinals or Chiefs. Broncos for me are a toss up depending on who is the QB. In a perfect scenario where they beat the teams they are actually better than, 8-8. But I really think the Saints will beat you guys and you'll split with the Eagles. 6-10 is the best case scenario in my opinion.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with the Rams, 49ers, Vikings, Saints, Chargers and Rams. Hell, I'd even agree you MAY sweep the Eagles. But I don't see the Skins beating the Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks, Raiders, Cardinals or Chiefs. Broncos for me are a toss up depending on who is the QB. In a perfect scenario where they beat the teams they are actually better than, 8-8. But I really think the Saints will beat you guys and you'll split with the Eagles. 6-10 is the best case scenario in my opinion.

lay off the dope dude Redskins have a damn good team this year