• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US Open week. Golfers ripping the course.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Maybe I carry that with driver if I'm swing really well. That green is way the hell up there. When I play I'm laying up. Caddie's are like 100 bucks at the place but from what I heard it's well worth it. They'll tell you right where you need to put the balls.

The few times I've had a caddie I enjoyed it....no golf last week for the 1st time in a month...I spent the whole weekend working on short game so hopefully I can post some better numbers starting this week.

Even at 50something, I'm like the old Phil...I'd probably go for it on 12 (250-260ish)...we have a driveable par 4 on a our home track...Redan green...I always go fit it and make 4 more times than not, but I've carded everything from 2 to 8 on it....when the pin is up, the wise play is to lay up, but the 2nd shot is hard to hold regardless, so I prefer the shorter shot.

Ralph Murphy

Master of Mustachery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,192.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chambers bay is $300 plus a five percent fee and fifteen percent tax and another $80-$100 for a caddie. It's probably typically very green, but they wanted the course best for the players rather than the spectators so to firm it up they sacrificed the color. They saved money and had a perfect course aside from the greens.

Wow. I would not pay that kind of money for that course. What do the locals pay for it? Do the locals get a discount since their tax money built it?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a complete ass of himself. His interview with Holly Sonders was embarrassing.

Holly Sonders.

How, can you not be distracted by her.

My compliments to her surgeon. She can play too.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The few times I've had a caddie I enjoyed it....no golf last week for the 1st time in a month...I spent the whole weekend working on short game so hopefully I can post some better numbers starting this week.

Even at 50something, I'm like the old Phil...I'd probably go for it on 12 (250-260ish)...we have a driveable par 4 on a our home track...Redan green...I always go fit it and make 4 more times than not, but I've carded everything from 2 to 8 on it....when the pin is up, the wise play is to lay up, but the 2nd shot is hard to hold regardless, so I prefer the shorter shot.

Yeah, I'd have to take a look at it. We have what looks like the same hole on another course I play (except the ball wouldn't run back to your feet if you land it wrong). It's listed 315 and the closest I've gotten is like 50 yards about 40 feet up with my 3 iron. I'd rather swing a 3 than a driver on a hole like that and I just can't get that kind of distance out of my 3. It's good for about 250 with good ball flight and not too much of a roll-out on a flat hole so there's no way I'm flying it where it needs to be there. I guess it doesn't matter much though given it seems to roll back to where you'd be laying up anyway. Why not go for it.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how green Chambers Bay is on a normal weekend. Also how much does it cost to play there?

I have paid $325 for Pebble, $160 for Spyglass and $80+ for a number of courses.

My normal course is $43, although I play a course that runs $55 and one owned by the Indians now that costs me $60 on weekends.

My thing with Chambers Bay was how it penalized shots that were hit into the middle of fairways or the middle of greens. You shouldn't hit the middle of a fairway and end up in a bunker or hay. Same with hitting the middle of a green. Also, I am just not a big fan of links courses.

All I know is you cannot ride a cart at that course. It is equivalent to a 10 mile walk, and it is something like over 600 feet from top to bottom.

I mean, come on.

I would probably me keeling over by hole 6.

Yes, I agree with what you are saying how balls hit in the middle of fairways and greens would be penalized. Of course, this US OPEN yielded more eagles than any US Open in history. 37 in all. Yes, many of them were given up on hole 12.

The simple fact is these guys learned how to adjust to the nuances and they started to score once they did learn it. Adam Scott scored a 64 and Ooshuizen scored a 66, 66, and 67 after his disastrous 77 on Thursday.

I liked it for that.

Billy Hoschel made a blithering idiot of himself. He sounded illiterate too. I would be mortified if I sounded like such a doofus in front of Sonders.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I would not pay that kind of money for that course. What do the locals pay for it? Do the locals get a discount since their tax money built it?

They get $90 off. Or can play it for $165 in the offseason

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is you cannot ride a cart at that course. It is equivalent to a 10 mile walk, and it is something like over 600 feet from top to bottom.

I mean, come on.

I would probably me keeling over by hole 6.

Yes, I agree with what you are saying how balls hit in the middle of fairways and greens would be penalized. Of course, this US OPEN yielded more eagles than any US Open in history. 37 in all. Yes, many of them were given up on hole 12.

The simple fact is these guys learned how to adjust to the nuances and they started to score once they did learn it. Adam Scott scored a 64 and Ooshuizen scored a 66, 66, and 67 after his disastrous 77 on Thursday.

I liked it for that.

Billy Hoschel made a blithering idiot of himself. He sounded illiterate too. I would be mortified if I sounded like such a doofus in front of Sonders.

Horschel really did sound like a meathead. That's probably because he is a meathead.

Ralph Murphy

Master of Mustachery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,192.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Horschel didn't do himself any favor by going off like that. He may have been right but you don't attack the USGA like that.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, they have been taking some of the players after their round, handing them a microphone while standing in front of a TV monitor. They then make the player explain some of their shots as it replays on the screen

It just comes off as cheap having the golfer stand their with a big stupid microphone.

How could any of these players even stay focused when Holly Saunders was standing a few feet away from them in a skimpy outfit? I kept waiting for one of them to slip & take their eyes of the monitor & onto to her. This all seemed very much like Fox coverage on other sporting events - kind of cheap.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the last word I'm going to have on this. So I was talking to the greenskeeper I always chew the fat with and he called this crap 9 months ago (not that anybody couldn't have done it). So he was saying that when the poa grass gets desperate it really starts to sprout out and the problem gets worse. So the thing to do to minimize the problem was to keep the greens watered. But the USGA didn't want that. So they could have mitigated it a little bit but the USGA was too worried about low scores with softer greens.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could any of these players even stay focused when Holly Saunders was standing a few feet away from them in a skimpy outfit? I kept waiting for one of them to slip & take their eyes of the monitor & onto to her. This all seemed very much like Fox coverage on other sporting events - kind of cheap.

I love beautiful women.

But Fox only seems to give you women who are a touch up away from the full **** star look.
Big lipstick, big fake eyelashes.

Every time I see one of the Fox babes .. I'm expecting the cheesy music to start.

HollySaunder.jpg

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the last word I'm going to have on this. So I was talking to the greenskeeper I always chew the fat with and he called this crap 9 months ago (not that anybody couldn't have done it). So he was saying that when the poa grass gets desperate it really starts to sprout out and the problem gets worse. So the thing to do to minimize the problem was to keep the greens watered. But the USGA didn't want that. So they could have mitigated it a little bit but the USGA was too worried about low scores with softer greens.

Nice inside info. Thanks for sharing.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely serious when I say this.

Her mouth is huge.

"The last time I saw a mouth that big it had a hook in it"

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and she knows how to use it!

True story. Last year I played golf with a young man who played for Michigan State last year.

I asked if Holly Sonders ever drops by, since that is where she played in college. He said, in his English accent, "Oh yeah, she has dropped by. She has the well known reputation with the basketball team."

I thought it was funny how he said that. Nothing surprising.