• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US OPEN SERIES

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So these are the 2 major tuneups ahead of the US Open and in shocking news John Isner loses early once again.

Who the hell is Jaroslav Pospisil?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isner has had a very successful past month or so. Made the final just a 2 days ago in DC, losing to Juan Martin Del Potro, and the week before that, he WON Atlanta.

That's 10 matches in the last 14 days, and a lot of them were tough.

The big guy is probably a little tired. Perfectly understandable.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isner has had a very successful past month or so. Made the final just a few days ago in DC, losing to Juan Martin Del Potro, and the week before that, he WON Atlanta.

He is not a very bright guy. A smart player would've just played in one of those tournaments so they can be well rested for the biggest 2 tourneys of the US Open series.

Do I care that he won at Atlanta in a very weak field? No

When Isner and Kevin Anderson are the top 2 seeds in a tourney, you should know how weak that field was.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not a very bright guy. A smart player would've just played in one of those tournaments so they can be well rested for the biggest 2 tourneys of the US Open series.

When Isner and Kevin Anderson are the top 2 seeds in a tourney, you should know how weak that field was.

I can see your point there. Always interesting to see the approach players have with scheduling.

Isner has played 3 of the past 4 weeks and gone deep in all of the tournaments. He and his team probably looked at ranking points, and thought it would help keep him higher in the rankings, giving a better seeding for the US Open. Not sure I'd argue they're wrong with the decision, myself. The alpha dogs are going to be at the big Masters 1000 tournaments leading up to the Open, and Isner probably wouldn't make it deep enough to exceed the points he made by making it deep at the smaller tournaments.

Remember, tennis ranking are based on 52 weeks, and they only really get 90 days off per year.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Isner is being realistic and practical about playing tournaments that he can win seriously? No one expects that he would win the USO( a masters maybe )

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I would be happy if Isner can win a big one. It's just pathetic to see the current bunch winning everything. Djoko, Murray, Nadal, delPo. It would be refreshing and a huge boost to American tennis in general.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isner is done and so is Querrey.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Isner a lot, and really think he has maximized his potential.

He's 28 now, and making the top 10 again would be a fantastic result for him, IMO.

He's only made 1 QF at a major in his career, and all of his 7 titles have been 250-level ones.

It's unrealistic to expect him to win big titles. The one final he made at a Masters 1000 was a huge accomplishment.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Americans men tennis is in big trouble.

So I see we had a few upsets today on the mens side as both Berdych and Murray went down

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Novak breaks the opening game of the 3rd

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isner has had a very successful past month or so. Made the final just a 2 days ago in DC, losing to Juan Martin Del Potro, and the week before that, he WON Atlanta.

Amazing that you defend him claiming he's probably tired, but when Serena loss her match at Wimbledon no one came to her defense that oh maybe she was tired after winning six titles and putting all she had into winning the FO. They also defend Sibine claiming she too was tired....:noidea:

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not a very good player either if he was he would not have had to play a match for 11hrs. And I can't believe he's making money off of that 11 hrs debacle. He's also very lazy IMO.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I would be happy if Isner can win a big one. It's just pathetic to see the current bunch winning everything. Djoko, Murray, Nadal, delPo. It would be refreshing and a huge boost to American tennis in general.

Isner aint winning nothing big and you can take that to the bank.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raonic is a disgrace for what he pulled today. Tennis is supposed to be a gentleman's game and this clown touched the net and refused to acknowledged it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that you defend him claiming he's probably tired, but when Serena loss her match at Wimbledon no one came to her defense that oh maybe she was tired after winning six titles and putting all she had into winning the FO. They also defend Sibine claiming she too was tired....:noidea:

I absolutely think Serena's loss at Wimbledon had a lot to do with fatigue.

I adore Serena, and always root for her to win.

I also like other players, both men and women.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raonic is a disgrace for what he pulled today. Tennis is supposed to be a gentleman's game and this clown touched the net and refused to acknowledged it.

LOL!! It stopped being a gentleman's game a long time ago. The arrival of thieves and rogues and bandits like Nadal and Djoko only helped strengthen this concept. Their strategic timeouts and other tactics to winning dirty is made of stuff that Gilbert wrote a book on. Raonic did nothing that others wouldn't do. So to single him out is indeed funny and inane.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! It stopped being a gentleman's game a long time ago. The arrival of thieves and rogues and bandits like Nadal and Djoko only helped strengthen this concept. Their strategic timeouts and other tactics to winning dirty is made of stuff that Gilbert wrote a book on. Raonic did nothing that others wouldn't do. So to single him out is indeed funny and inane.

I think you are being a little too harsh on Djokovic and Nadal. "Thieves, rogues and bandits?" Come on. What did they do?

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A valid point. How can one not be tired after winning six titles and the other be tired from winning one? Some things are so plain to see and question.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Serena ran out of gas at Wimbledon, it's her own damn fault. When a person plays more than 13 tournaments ONCE in a 15 year career, i'm not going to feel sorry for her when she gets fatigued. That's just improper training.

You won't find any elite men's player who played that light of a schedule once, yet alone thirteen times.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Serena ran out of gas at Wimbledon, it's her own damn fault. When a person plays more than 13 tournaments ONCE in a 15 year career, i'm not going to feel sorry for her when she gets fatigued. That's just improper training.

You won't find any elite men's player who played that light of a schedule once, yet alone thirteen times.

Isn't it amusing? For years Serena has been blasted for playing fewer tourneys, cherry-picking and not serious about tennis. Now that she is healthy and playing more she is being blasted for doing exactly that. As usual this tennis superstar never wins with these folks. Unbelievable.