• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upset City

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Iowa/Tennessee game will be a measurement of just how better the Big10 is than the SEC as both teams are sort of middle of the road. I don't think either team has been accused of having exceptional talent. If Iowa rolls over Tennessee, I'm a believer. Having watched both teams play, it's hard to make those comparisons due to the perceived level of talent in their respective conferences. Now, if Tennessee wins, maybe folks need to take another look at Big 10 talent.

:L

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is going to roll tennessee and umass.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Iowa/Tennessee game will be a measurement of just how better the Big10 is than the SEC as both teams are sort of middle of the road. I don't think either team has been accused of having exceptional talent. If Iowa rolls over Tennessee, I'm a believer. Having watched both teams play, it's hard to make those comparisons due to the perceived level of talent in their respective conferences. Now, if Tennessee wins, maybe folks need to take another look at Big 10 talent.

The problem is which Tenn team shows up?

If McRae goes off... and the big men do their job, they can beat any team in the country...

Tenn played poorly in my opinion against Wichita State which outside St louis (who is also struggling and could get upset early) are their signature wins... this is why I believe Wichita State goes down in the 2nd round when they play the best team they have faced all year outside Tenn.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If McRae goes off... and the big men do their job, they can beat any team in the country...

Tenn played poorly in my opinion against Wichita State which outside St louis (who is also struggling and could get upset early) are their signature wins... this is why I believe Wichita State goes down in the 2nd round when they play the best team they have faced all year outside Tenn.

Nah man....naaaaaaaah

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Iowa/Tennessee game will be a measurement of just how better the Big10 is than the SEC as both teams are sort of middle of the road.
Imo, its the NIT that will prove the SEC's strength. Just not a big enough sample size in the tournament

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's tournament time and the good players want to play good. McRae will play just fine and will get noticed by the NBA. If Iowa wants to beat Tennessee, they better show up with ready to play. Anything less, they lose. Rmilia, if Iowa rolls over Tennessee, I'm a believer...just as I told you when they were about to play Wisconsin at home ......AND LOST!~.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tournament time and the good players want to play good. McRae will play just fine and will get noticed by the NBA. If Iowa wants to beat Tennessee, they better show up with ready to play. Anything less, they lose. Rmilia, if Iowa rolls over Tennessee, I'm a believer...just as I told you when they were about to play Wisconsin at home ......AND LOST!~.

a believer about what? that a mid-tier (sorry rmilia) B10 team can beat a mid-tier SEC team? what in the hell would that prove?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NIT doesn't prove shit.
Well, we need something to show depth of conference play. SEC only has 3 teams in the tourney and 2 of them seemed to have gotten low seedings based on the notion that the SEC is weak.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we need something to show depth of conference play. SEC only has 3 teams in the tourney and 2 of them seemed to have gotten low seedings based on the notion that the SEC is weak.

The notion?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, that's a problem and just maybe the 3 teams that are in the tournament will do well and gain some respect for the SEC as all the teams that are in got played very tough by most of those who were not invited.

Same thing happens in football, but in reverse....The SEC is considered the dominant conference when an argument can be made for some other conferences.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kansas St beating Kentucky would be seen as a likely event to most if the SEC was truly weak

I disagree. An 8 v 9 is a coin flip.

The overall performance is what will matter. Regardless, the SEC was VERY weak this year. There is no disputing that.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest... part of the "SEC is weak" theory will be tested with Florida.

Florida had some close games in the SEC (and a couple they could have lost... and at least one they should have lost at Arkansas).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far my upsets that I am most confident in...

11 Nebraska over 6 Baylor

12 NC St/Xavier over 5 St Louis

11 Iowa/Tennessee over 6 UMass

10 Arizona St over 7 Texas

Still debating...

12Harvard over 5 Cincy

11 Providence over 6 UNC

10 St Joes over 7 UConn (if UConn wins I think they upset Nova)

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far my upsets that I am most confident in...

11 Nebraska over 6 Baylor

12 NC St/Xavier over 5 St Louis

11 Iowa/Tennessee over 6 UMass

10 Arizona St over 7 Texas

Still debating...

12Harvard over 5 Cincy

11 Providence over 6 UNC

10 St Joes over 7 UConn (if UConn wins I think they upset Nova)

I have all of those except Harvard including providence and st. joes. I'm either going to win a billion for my bracket or it will be my worst ever. Having Nebraska in the tournament makes this way more difficult than past years because I am an unashamed homer :lol:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have all of those except Harvard including providence and st. joes. I'm either going to win a billion for my bracket or it will be my worst ever. Having Nebraska in the tournament makes this way more difficult than past years because I am an unashamed homer :lol:

I think a lot of those higher seeds are overrated and also bad matchups. I am still debating Harvard and might take Cincy just because everyone is picking them to lose.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how you guys who are used to being in the tourney pick your brackets. I can convince myself that we can beat anyone :dance:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of those higher seeds are overrated and also bad matchups. I am still debating Harvard and might take Cincy just because everyone is picking them to lose.

I think UC wins. Harvard is good, but not as good as they were last year when they upset NM.

The lack of size will hurt Harvard, who doesn't rebound particularly well, and UC does. Especially on the offensive side where UC was 26th in the nation on offensive rebounds, and Harvard was 200-something. That negates a lot of UC's lack of offense when you get 2-3 extra shots at times to make a basket. Not something to take lightly when you consider UC typically gives up a lot of height to other teams. Jackson is only 6'8", and is their tallest player with regular time. Harvard goes 6'7" with the regular lineup...in a nuetral height game like that, I like UC's chances to pressure the ball, grab rebounds, and use that to pull away late.