• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upset City

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see U Mass play?? Is an upset in the recipe?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa/Tennessee over U Mass

This will certainly be an entertaining game to watch! and yes I wouldn't think it's out of the rhelm for either Iowa or Tennessee to beat Umass since they have had the experience and Umass not so much. Not to mention Umass struggles away from the Mullins Center

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see U Mass play?? Is an upset in the recipe?

I have. Uptempo team who can get rattled easily (mainly away from Home). They have some shot blockers and play with a lot of energy but at times it gets the best of them. But they could be a "sleeper" team. I know they are ranked high but I don't think many people will take them seriously

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What games you think have a great chance at being upsets??

I'm not counting 9 seeds over 8 seeds.

I got:

12 Harvard over 5 Cincy

11 Nebraska over 6 Baylor

12 NC State/Xavier over 5 St Louis

11 Iowa/Tennessee over 6 U Mass

I don't think Tenn over UMass or Nebraska over Baylor would be considered upsets in my book... the rankings are based on total body of work... not how a team is playing today.

Even St. Louis has been exposed lately... so that wouldn't be a stretch.

The only real upset in my book in your list would be Harvard beating Cincy.... I know a lot of people are calling for it on TV... but my bracket has Cincy moving ahead.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU is suspect. They struggle big time on offense sometimes, but there defense is so great. If a team shoots well from outside against them it is definitely a possibility.

I have tOSU making it and playing Cuse.. but that is a tough game to call. Cuse is struggling lately... and the B1G is supposedly loaded.... so rankings can be misleading in that conference.

What will prove to be the truth? Will the B1G be like the Big East was a few years ago and lose most of their teams before the sweet 16... or will they prove people right? Who knows...

Should be interesting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 Texas vs 10 Arizona State is the one game I have no idea about. I said Texas, but both teams have been struggling going 6-6 in the last 12.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa/Tennessee over U Mass

This will certainly be an entertaining game to watch! and yes I wouldn't think it's out of the rhelm for either Iowa or Tennessee to beat Umass since they have had the experience and Umass not so much. Not to mention Umass struggles away from the Mullins Center

Tennessee is a hot team of late, but Iowa is the opposite they have been struggling. But I think Iowa is a capable team to win 1 maybe 2 games. Thr love teams that are playing well, so I think Tennessee would have a better chance against U Mass.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is a hot team of late, but Iowa is the opposite they have been struggling. But I think Iowa is a capable team to win 1 maybe 2 games. Thr love teams that are playing well, so I think Tennessee would have a better chance against U Mass.

Yes but we have seen come tournament time the complete opposite from teams going into tournament being hot, get ice told while other teams get red hot. Either way Umass will have their hands full.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvard almost pulled the upset last year and they were a 14 seed I believe. They are one of the most efficient teams in the country.

Almost? Harvard BEAT new mexico last year before getting blasted by Arizona in the round of 32.

That being said, last year's new mexico team was about as overrated as it gets. Plus Steve Alford was their coach, so you knew they wouldn't go far.

Cincy should beat harvard, but it's no definite as Harvard played Uconn very tough earlier in the year and has legit talent

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how is Tennessee a "hot team" as of late? As far as I can see, the last good team they beat (and don't give me Georgia at home as a good win) was UVA on December 30th. That's almost 3 months ago

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tOSU making it and playing Cuse.. but that is a tough game to call. Cuse is struggling lately... and the B1G is supposedly loaded.... so rankings can be misleading in that conference.

What will prove to be the truth? Will the B1G be like the Big East was a few years ago and lose most of their teams before the sweet 16... or will they prove people right? Who knows...

Should be interesting.

That is the hardest part of the tourney, who are legit conferences?? I try not to look at that too much. I try to look at matchups (which is hard if you never watch these teams play) and what teams are hot.

I like the way Tennessee and NC State have been playing. Harvard has been playing good all year and nearly pulled an upset last year in the tourney.

Cuse is tough team to judge. They could go to the Final Four or possibly lose to tOSU. But they haven't been playing good of late, so I am saying either they win 1 or 2 games.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This Iowa/Tennessee game will be a measurement of just how better the Big10 is than the SEC as both teams are sort of middle of the road. I don't think either team has been accused of having exceptional talent. If Iowa rolls over Tennessee, I'm a believer. Having watched both teams play, it's hard to make those comparisons due to the perceived level of talent in their respective conferences. Now, if Tennessee wins, maybe folks need to take another look at Big 10 talent.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is Tennessee a "hot team" as of late? As far as I can see, the last good team they beat (and don't give me Georgia at home as a good win) was UVA on December 30th. That's almost 3 months ago

Well the SEC was pretty bad, but they have been dominating teams and almost beat Florida. I think hey are capable of winning a couple games but not competely sold on them yet. I try to wait until they play those "play-in" games before making any definite picks.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Providence over UNC seems like an obvious possibility. If this happened I doubt many would be surprised

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Iowa/Tennessee game will be a measurement of just how better the Big10 is than the SEC as both teams are sort of middle of the road. I don't think either team has been accused of having exceptional talent. If Iowa rolls over Tennessee, I'm a believer. Having watched both teams play, it's hard to make those comparisons due to the perceived level of talent in their respective conferences. Now, if Tennessee wins, maybe folks need to take another look at Big 10 talent.

I just think of late, Iowa hasn't looked like the Iowa team we saw early in the season. So it is hard to say, they have potential. Regardless, I'm rooting for Iowa.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 Harvard over 5 Cincy

11 Nebraska over 6 Baylor

12 NC State/Xavier over 5 St Louis

11 Iowa/Tennessee over 6 U Mass
As of right now, I've picked all 3 of the bolded ones in my bracket. I'm not sure about Harvard/Cincy (haven't watched either team this year).

I think Nebraska is hot and Iowa has potential, but worry about picking two B1G teams in Round 2 upsets.

Also, St Louis is a good team but has lost 4 of 5. Not sure if that means they're done or due for a run.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, I've picked all 3 of the bolded ones in my bracket. I'm not sure about Harvard/Cincy (haven't watched either team this year).

I think Nebraska is hot and Iowa has potential, but worry about picking two B1G teams in Round 2 upsets.

Also, St Louis is a good team but has lost 4 of 5. Not sure if that means they're done or due for a run.

3-2 in the last 5 for Nebraska. 4-1 for Baylor. Baylor has 2 losses since FEb 12. 6 wins over tourney teams. Nebraska may win, but I dont get calling them the hot team.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, North Dakota State is the best shooting team in the country (50.9% from the field). Maybe a chance to upset Oklahoma?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-2 in the last 5 for Nebraska. 4-1 for Baylor. Baylor has 2 losses since FEb 12. 6 wins over tourney teams. Nebraska may win, but I dont get calling them the hot team.
Nebraska has 2 losses since Feb 8th. They were 11-7 overall in conference play (11-8 counting tournament loss to OSU), but that's after an 0-4 start. They've won 8 of their last 10 including wins over Wisconsin and MSU.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has 2 losses since Feb 8th. They were 11-7 overall in conference play (11-8 counting tournament loss to OSU), but that's after an 0-4 start. They've won 8 of their last 10 including wins over Wisconsin and MSU.

Still nothign compared to Baylor's run. Beat 2 whole tourney teams. Lost to Illlini. Compare that to 10-2 with 6 wins over tourney teams. 6-2 vs tourney teams vs 2-1 with another loss outside.