• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPDATED 1/10/2013 10:30PM: Offensive coaching staff for next year

LT316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RTD_MikeBarber: For what it's worth, I'm told Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer is meeting "with certain members of the staff" today in Blacksburg. #Hokies

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously - I know people have to be vetted with HR and stuff, but it should not take this long to get people's asses in gear. I think it's enough that we have talented players who are most likely waiting on the news to make final decisions (and maybe even some recruits). To have it just linger (at least in my eyes) just makes the people running our program look like a bunch of clowns.

This process should be swift and decisive.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seriously - I know people have to be vetted with HR and stuff, but it should not take this long to get people's asses in gear. I think it's enough that we have talented players who are most likely waiting on the news to make final decisions (and maybe even some recruits). To have it just linger (at least in my eyes) just makes the people running our program look like a bunch of clowns.

Um yea. The only process this program has that is swift and decisive is beating up UVa.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um yea. The only process this program has that is swift and decisive is beating up UVa.

Would rep!

I guess if this process takes longer than next Tuesday, we will be able to tell overall progress by Logan's decision to stay / go.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calm down man, this stuff takes time. contract negotiations and money discussions are serious business, can't just hire and fire people. and FYI no recuits are backing out, all of them from what i hear are stuck on VT. and i've talked to Moss, Prince, Bucky, and Reid on fb, the kids no whats going on they just can't comment on it but they all assured that noone's decommiting, they all have each other's backs and are staying in contact. This class has lots of friends in it, lots of commits with family, friends, rivals, and teammates at VT, so i wouldn't worry bout any recruits. Look at how close the richmond guys are, how close reid is with frye and the walk-on, bucky and Drew, Deon's dad was a Hokies, Moss is from SWVA, as is Prince, Clark'scoach was a Hokie, and Shegog loves Foster, and fuller has family here, Parker, osterloh, and Facyson are ready to enroll early, pfaf and osterloh are great friends, Harris and Wright got McClaughin to come to VT, Teller is very close with Fuller, and they all have targeted different 2014 players to bring to Tech. Do you really think anyone is leaving this class. Kinda like lastyear when Caleb got Brooks Abbot to come to VT atthe AA game and everyone still said he wouldn't be a Hokie. why recruit guys here just to leave. And I think LT has made up his mind, and i pray to God he stays.

Patience my Hokie friends, Patience

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calm down man, this stuff takes time. contract negotiations and money discussions are serious business, can't just hire and fire people. and FYI no recuits are backing out, all of them from what i hear are stuck on VT. and i've talked to Moss, Prince, Bucky, and Reid on fb, the kids no whats going on they just can't comment on it but they all assured that noone's decommiting, they all have each other's backs and are staying in contact. This class has lots of friends in it, lots of commits with family, friends, rivals, and teammates at VT, so i wouldn't worry bout any recruits. Look at how close the richmond guys are, how close reid is with frye and the walk-on, bucky and Drew, Deon's dad was a Hokies, Moss is from SWVA, as is Prince, Clark'scoach was a Hokie, and Shegog loves Foster, and fuller has family here, Parker, osterloh, and Facyson are ready to enroll early, pfaf and osterloh are great friends, Harris and Wright got McClaughin to come to VT, Teller is very close with Fuller, and they all have targeted different 2014 players to bring to Tech. Do you really think anyone is leaving this class. Kinda like lastyear when Caleb got Brooks Abbot to come to VT atthe AA game and everyone still said he wouldn't be a Hokie. why recruit guys here just to leave. And I think LT has made up his mind, and i pray to God he stays.

Patience my Hokie friends, Patience

Sorry man, my patience has been exhausted with regard to our offensive woes since 2008. Also in respect to recruits why would you think it is only geared to just 2013? Just curious for that was not my intention.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'08? you're being generous

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calm down man, this stuff takes time. contract negotiations and money discussions are serious business, can't just hire and fire people.

No..really it doesn't take that much time if you don't want it to be. People get hired and fired everyday. I don't want to sound insensitive to the coach(es) that might lose their job, but this is the nature of the business. It is no different than you, or I, or anyone else going to work everyday and being expected to perform at a reasonable level..either you do it, or you are eventually out of a job. I hope with all the waiting and hush-hush that it is just numbers by now with Hamilton. If Beamer whiffs on this one..may be bad news.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patienceeeee my friends patienceeeeee. :D

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patienceeeee my friends patienceeeeee. :D

is this a clue? something to do with the letter "e".

"e" is the second letter in Pep Hamilton's name. We're getting Pep Hamilton???

:wtf:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this a clue? something to do with the letter "e".

"e" is the second letter in Pep Hamilton's name. We're getting Pep Hamilton???

:wtf:

:lol:

People forget that we aren't just getting 1 coach here. I think we are going to announce all of them at the same time and deals have to be finalized on all parties on both sides of the equation before it gets official. There's a lot of red tape to sift through here and it's just going to take some time to get everything done. Good things come to those who wait. :dance:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not worried about losing any recruits if O'Cain, Newsome, and Sherman are the ones fired. Why? There is no reason for a recruit to be impressed by any of those 3. Look at their credentials. They've done nothing of real significance before or after their hiring other than impressing Frank Beamer, which to me if you're talking about offense means jack squat. Tyrod's improvement seemed so dramatic because all of it was done in front of the fans. He didn't have the advantage of watching and learning on the sidelines with a redshirt year. Newsome is average as a recruiter, O'Cain and Sherman are below average. Good riddance

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the time it is taking has less to do with "finalizing" details for one or more coaches and more to do with Beamer hiring the right guy. This will probably the offensive guy who he will ride to the finish line. He has some time..better make sure it is the right coach. I am not totally convinced yet that it is definitely gonna be Hamilton. I think he is a great candidate. JMHO.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's all over but the crime when it comes to the OC, and the OC, Beamer, and Weaver are coming to agreements on the other coaches that are going to be hired.....and then finalizing all of their contract stuff, background stuff, etc. etc. Coaching hires don't happen over night.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you think cam?? Or have reliable sources saying so?? I think we get Pep at this point too fwiw. They met several days ago and if he had said no, we would know by now. Not saying the deal is done..but it seems they're past the IF and now working out details.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Chris Colston ‏@chriscolston
Hearing hokies coaching changes could be announced tomorrow

This whole thing is giving me a "Clemson and FSU are definitely heading to the Big 12 and will announce it imminently" feel right now.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really worried about them releasing things before NSD, I want to keep these stellar recruits we are bringing in!