• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UM Football Recruits 2014 and beyond

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't disagree with you there. Honest question, though - do you think Hoke will be the coach to lead you there?

I honestly don't know. As long as Mattison sticks around Michigan will compete. As for the offense, I just don't know. It bothers me that we didn't utilize our weapons the last two years but Borgess should be able to run the type of offense that Hoke wants. Lots of young talent on offense doesn't always translate on the field immediately.

Either way, Hoke isn't going anywhere. His freshman season and recruiting have bought him a lot of staying power. Of course, every Michigan coach is judged by his record against the nuts but the Nebraska game should be huge this year. If we win that one, it will likely be back to back for "The Game(s)"

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched this video tons of times but just noticed at around 35 second mark on ticker tape it says "27 players have been arrested in Meyers 6 seasons at Florida" I knew that was a problem with him but 27 is crazy......

How many does Hoke have in 3 years?

Stay classy Urban, with OSU he might be able to eclipse that. Then again there's a micro scope right now on OSU so we shall see.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hearing rumors that Noah Furbush is being recruited to play the Mike linebacker, assuming that's true the staff will still need want to add another Sam linebacker. And with Owens getting a Georgia offer this weekend we might want to look at some other prospects that could fill the position. Also, if Fournette does visit it seems like the Notre Dame game might give us our best chance as we will be hosting other top uncommitted prospects along with members of team 135 already.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Fournette chances are overblown. That said, the kid does seem to have a good head on his shoulders and Michigan's academic reputation and the buzz created by Peppers has given them the opportunity to bring him in during an emotional game (and under the lights). The kid is special, though, and even the slimmest chances solicits drool. On a side note, it seems as if Hilliman is a solid nuts lean at this point.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hillman can go to OSU if he wants. If he did decide to go to Michigan I don't believe he would be able to beat DS or DG for playing time. The only backs that would push for playing time would be elite backs like Fournette and Mixon but most likely we won't land either. I'm starting to think outside of Furbush committing it could be a while before we see someone else commit to the Wolverines.

I hope i'm wrong but I don't believe Scott leaves Florida. However, I do believe Hand is going blue! I think Williams will wind up going blue instead.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hillman can go to OSU if he wants. If he did decide to go to Michigan I don't believe he would be able to beat DS or DG for playing time. The only backs that would push for playing time would be elite backs like Fournette and Mixon but most likely we won't land either. I'm starting to think outside of Furbush committing it could be a while before we see someone else commit to the Wolverines.

I hope i'm wrong but I don't believe Scott leaves Florida. However, I do believe Hand is going blue! I think Williams will wind up going blue instead.

If Hand goes Blue, I think that is a big deal. That's momentum and a show of force for Brady and recruiting.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Michigan can afford to go a class without a RB. I agree with you about Green and Smith but these are teenagers we are talking about. I think we might see Furbush and Westphal (KJ Williams?) commit before summer ends and the rest are a waiting game.

As for Scott, it would make sense for him to stay in state but the rumblings out of George Campbell lead me to believe that Michigan has a good shot at him.

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is starting to build a pipeline into the state of New Jersey. The Wolverines' staff is taking full advantage of Rutgers' inclusion into the Big Ten Conference. Recruits and coaches around the state are taking notice.

"I have noticed more of a presence about Michigan because they are hitting almost all the schools in New Jersey," Paramus Catholic coach Chris Partridge told Chantel Jennings of WolverineNation.com. "They’re not just coming in and focusing on only the top players this year. I think they did open it up a little bit more. … I noticed that the coaches were asking, 'What schools are in the area? Where should we go?'

"Once good players pop up and you have teams [from the East] in your league, you can’t just let those teams take those players and not always be in the battle for them. Now that Rutgers and Maryland are right here, and Penn State is close, they know they can’t just let the good players in New Jersey go [to those schools] and not be in the game."

Michigan already has two verbal commitments from the state of New Jersey. The Wolverines have five more offers out to recruits from the Garden State.

Running back Jonathan Hilliman (Jersey City, N.J./St. Peter's Prep), tight end Garrett Dickerson (Oradell, N.J./Bergen Catholic), athlete Juwann Winfree (Englewood, N.J./Dwight Morrow), athlete Kiy Hester (Montvale, N.J./St. Joseph Regional) and wide receiver Saeed Blacknall (Manalapan, N.J./Manalapan) may be more likely to join Michigan after Jabrill Peppers (Paramus, N.J./Paramus) and Juwann Bushell-Beatty (Paramus, N.J./Paramus) already verbally committed to the program.

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news for Michigan. With VT not in his top three and have not visits the other 2 school in a year. Come on hand come to The BIG BLUE!!! LET'S GO BLUE!!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news for Michigan. With VT not in his top three and have not visits the other 2 school in a year. Come on hand come to The BIG BLUE!!! LET'S GO BLUE!!

Wow! Incredible news for Hoke & Co. Michigan has to be the overwhelming favorite right now. Not complaining but I would love to know what Hoke is serving in that Kool-Aid. If Fournette and Hand end up Blue, this might not only be the best class in the country, but the best class in Michigan history.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow! Incredible news for Hoke & Co. Michigan has to be the overwhelming favorite right now. Not complaining but I would love to know what Hoke is serving in that Kool-Aid. If Fournette and Hand end up Blue, this might not only be the best class in the country, but the best class in Michigan history.

Why do you have to go and wreck everything jalopy? I enjoy so much disagreeing with you. But we stand united on this front.

Please don't mess it up with your next post.:laugh3:

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get Hand to attend the BBQ that will seal the deal for us. The momentum of his commitment could land us some commitments from some of the other prospects attending.

I have this feeling we are going to push LSU all the way to the end for Fournette. I would be so happy if we beat Les Miles for the best recruit ever from the state of Louisiana but I don't think we will.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling we are going to push LSU all the way to the end for Fournette. I would be so happy if we beat Les Miles for the best recruit ever from the state of Louisiana but I don't think we will.

Marshall Faulk might disagree with this statement but it would be nice to stick it to Les.

We need to get Hand to attend the BBQ that will seal the deal for us.
I think we a clearly ahead right now. As long as Michigan doesn't crash and burn this year he should be Blue.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get Hand to attend the BBQ that will seal the deal for us. The momentum of his commitment could land us some commitments from some of the other prospects attending.

I don't think you'll need the BBQ to get Hand. Sounds like he is blue for sure. I find it really hard to believe that Fournette would leave the south. You guys definitely need to push for a RB at some point, though. Hilliman is in the bag for OSU. I also know we're in good shape for Mixon. Who else are you guys going after realistically?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know. As long as Mattison sticks around Michigan will compete. As for the offense, I just don't know. It bothers me that we didn't utilize our weapons the last two years but Borgess should be able to run the type of offense that Hoke wants. Lots of young talent on offense doesn't always translate on the field immediately.

Either way, Hoke isn't going anywhere. His freshman season and recruiting have bought him a lot of staying power. Of course, every Michigan coach is judged by his record against the nuts but the Nebraska game should be huge this year. If we win that one, it will likely be back to back for "The Game(s)"

As long as Mattison is there, you'll keep getting solid defensive recruits. You've been doing that pretty well recently. I don't know much about Borgess as an OC, though I still have to question his decision making in the Nebraska game last year, keeping that Sheridan kid in while Gardner, who had played QB before and was recruited as one, sat there.

I doubt Hoke goes anywhere else, he really has nowhere else to go at this point. Same with Meyer at OSU. Both guys are where they always wanted to be. Just haven't seen enough from him yet to think he is a national title-caliber coach. Maybe I'm wrong, just an observation.

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Mattison is there, you'll keep getting solid defensive recruits. You've been doing that pretty well recently. I don't know much about Borgess as an OC, though I still have to question his decision making in the Nebraska game last year, keeping that Sheridan kid in while Gardner, who had played QB before and was recruited as one, sat there.

I doubt Hoke goes anywhere else, he really has nowhere else to go at this point. Same with Meyer at OSU. Both guys are where they always wanted to be. Just haven't seen enough from him yet to think he is a national title-caliber coach. Maybe I'm wrong, just an observation.

A few things make me think he is.

1. Ability to recruit. No denying that at all. Not to say other coaches couldn't/wouldn't do what he did... I think there are only a handful that could have walked into the situation he did and recruit so well, as fast as he has.

2. What he did with what he had. Offense in his first season didn't drop off, even though they started migrating towards the Pro/West Coast style. The defense was lights out compared to what we had the previous 4 seasons. Sure we had 5 losses last season, but when you look at them, only the Bama game was truly horrible. But, Michigan D actually did quite well against the vaunted Bama O-line. The Nebraska game was simply horrific. Realistically looking at the ND, OSU and SC games, Michigan should have won those.

3. Hoke coach's to win. I don't think/can't remember Michigan going for it on 4th down in the previous 20 seasons as Hoke did last season. That is so refreshing to see happening outside the final 2 minutes down by 3.

There's no denying Hoke is bringing in talent. With the exception of the Neb game, his teams have been prepared and performed beyond their ability. Time will tell if he's able to win a NC, but I have no doubt he'll get us there.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bellomy is his name. I can't believe I'm saying this but Sheridan would have been a welcome sight.

What is your criteria for a guy looking like a national title coach?