• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UM Football Recruits 2014 and beyond

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for now the biggest contender for Peppers is Stanford due to their education... obviously OSU and Bama can always muscle their way into his short list, but at this point his visit to Stanford will probably decide things either way...

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say OSU is a highly doubtful landing place. He grew up up a Michigan fan. Peppers insists it isn't a two horse race but it sure looks that way with Michigan holding a decided edge, mostly due to location. If anyone cracks that group it will likely be LSU but he has said education is important and that would make them a longshot. Never count Bama out but they aren't on his radar right now. I would put Michigan at 90-95%.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J I went into your bio I am trying to figyre out if I can get a list of posters that I follow and respond to. They have a friends tab so I am trying to see if I can get a list like CBS had.

Don't know if it worked anyone have any insight?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jd,

I know you can add contacts and friends but I don't know what good it does you. I think the easiest way is to subscribe to forums like Michigan football. There is also a setting under your profile that when you comment on a thread you are automatically subscribed to that thread. You can then click on the USER CP or bookmark that page and it will show you the threads that others have commented on but I don't think there is an easy way to just follow your contacts like CBS had. Hope this helps.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Michigan at 90-95%.

The sooner he wraps up his recruitment, the better it is for Michigan... if he will decide in June, we probably have the upper hand.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 10 recruits committed, that should leave us with 8-10 more.

My ideal 8 would be:
1) Da'Shawn Hand DT
2) Malik McDowell DT
3) Chase Winovich OLB
4) Jamarco Jones OT
5) Artavis Scott WR
6) Parrker Westphal DB (assuming we have no chance at Adoree Jackson and can't re-claim Webb)
7) Jonathon Hillman (or any RB willing to give us a look)
8) Best Available

As good as this class looks so far, LB and RB are two areas that don't look good at this point. If Winovich goes elsewhere, the pickings are slim.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll most likely take another DB besides Westphal, and I think Winovich ends up at OSU, so we may see more offers to LBs. Touch The Banner site has all the offers listed.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about recruiting is the national media can give you high marks but some of those quality players will be 2-3 years from seeing the field.....if at all Shane Morris.

If a coach thinks he has a spot filled and has late defections even the best class could end up with a glaring hole. The two DTs that Rich Rod loss a few years back was a bigger setback than I think any of us really realized. A good class but one that didn't address a huge area and the defense suffered, and suffered some more.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High level skill position players can contribute right away, fullbacks and linebackers can contribute immediately on special teams, while linemen typically take at least 2 years to develop... even the very best ones usually sit for at least a year.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think we have gotten a little too used to seeing true freshmen as starters. RB's CB's and (tall) WR's only please.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a good sign that you're in trouble when you're expecting true freshmen to come to the rescue. It's possible in basketball but in football you'll be hurting...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a good sign that you're in trouble when you're expecting true freshmen to come to the rescue. It's possible in basketball but in football you'll be hurting...

Unless ofcourse you're talking about Denard Robinson.:yahoo:

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the true freshman Denard wasn't good, I think he had more interceptions than completions... Henne was a very good freshman, he had a very good group around him though...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the true freshman Denard wasn't good, I think he had more interceptions than completions... Henne was a very good freshman, he had a very good group around him though...

Don't you rain on my parade Ricky Bobby.:yahoo:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Da'Shawn Hand DT
2) Malik McDowell DT
3) Chase Winovich OLB
4) Jamarco Jones OT
5) Artavis Scott WR
6) Parrker Westphal DB (assuming we have no chance at Adoree Jackson and can't re-claim Webb)

Any guesses on the next to commit?
I get the feeling Jamarco Jones is close to a decision. My fear is Ohio State. My gut says Michigan State. If Michigan can reel him in, he might be Hoke's best OL recruit yet, and that is saying quite a bit.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling Jamarco Jones is close to a decision.

I must have got that feeling from his decision to announce on June 27th.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rumors out there that Ohio St leads for JJ, I would be very surprised if he commits to MSU...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 10 recruits committed, that should leave us with 8-10 more.

My ideal 8 would be:
1) Da'Shawn Hand DT
2) Malik McDowell DT
3) Chase Winovich OLB
4) Jamarco Jones OT
5) Artavis Scott WR
8) Best Available

As good as this class looks so far, LB and RB are two areas that don't look good at this point. If Winovich goes elsewhere, the pickings are slim.

:wtf:

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The so-called experts of recruiting have Jamarco Jones committing to Ohio State. However, Michigan has the momentum right now so it's possible. If team 135 hasn't reached out already then they should to boost Michigan's chances of getting Jones. Da'Shawn Hand will be a Hokie... Its sad but NOVA loves VT football and he rocks Hokie gear all the time. I think the next big commitment could come from Adoree Jackson. He goes to a USC pipeline school but he's not originally from California. Webb was from a Michigan pipeline and he is all Buckeye sadly. I predict Adoree will decide on a school before the start of his senior season.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the next big commitment could come from Adoree Jackson. He goes to a USC pipeline school but he's not originally from California. Webb was from a Michigan pipeline and he is all Buckeye sadly. I predict Adoree will decide on a school before the start of his senior season.

I did read that Peppers was doing some recruiting on Jackson but I still think if anyone can pry him away from USC, it will be Notre Dame.

The good news on Hand is that he seems to not be high on the nuts. I think it is a dead heat between the Hokies and us. Not sure of Malik's timeline but I think he will be Blue as well.