• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC 197

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep UD for Jones who is now the Interim LHW Champ.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were only a couple bursts of excitement but overall, very bland fight. Crowd booing after the final bell.

Really? Damn, that sucks. UFC really needs to find a way to make sure they don't have fights like that. Maybe they should go back to "winner takes all" purses. Of course the loser would get something, but maybe 1/10 or 1/20 of what the winner gets, no matter how big a "star" they are...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually it isn't. Tonight's Main Event was surprisingly boring.

Ah, I don't watch it very often so that could be the case. Seeing too much of grown men playing patty cake and footsies with each other.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boring fight due to a combination of ring rust and just general apathy from Jones. He toyed with OSP for pretty much the entire fight. OSP couldn't figure anything out with the exception of a little flurry in Round 2 which including a stiff punch that caught Bones flush in the face and made him step back. Other than that, it was a cat playing with a mouse. OSP was gonna get TKO'd in the 4th but the bell saved him. Bones took him down easily with a couple of body slams in the 4th but didn't follow up and press the issue in the 5th even though he could have.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Damn, that sucks. UFC really needs to find a way to make sure they don't have fights like that. Maybe they should go back to "winner takes all" purses. Of course the loser would get something, but maybe 1/10 or 1/20 of what the winner gets, no matter how big a "star" they are...
I think OSP taking the fight on short notice sucked the energy out of things. I don't understand why the UFC doesn't have backup fights planned ahead of time where they pay 1-2 fighters to stay in shape and be "on-call" in case a spot on the card opens up.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I don't watch it very often so that could be the case. Seeing too much of grown men playing patty cake and footsies with each other.
I tell you what, the women's fights are usually 100% action because they are a few years behind the men so they fight more like things used to be in the UFC years ago.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OSP taking the fight on short notice sucked the energy out of things. I don't understand why the UFC doesn't have backup fights planned ahead of time where they pay 1-2 fighters to stay in shape and be "on-call" in case a spot on the card opens up.

That has been a HUGE problem of theirs for years. Not only that, after one of the main guys drops out/gets hurt they still keep it a PPV when many times it just shouldn't be anymore...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. That'll be the day. Dana doesn't pay the fighters fairly as is. No way is he gonna pay people just to stay in shape for an offhand chance he might need them

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been a HUGE problem of theirs for years. Not only that, after one of the main guys drops out/gets hurt they still keep it a PPV when many times it just shouldn't be anymore...
So true. How can they not figure it out? Tonight's event was more like a Fight Night.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boring fight due to a combination of ring rust and just general apathy from Jones. He toyed with OSP for pretty much the entire fight. OSP couldn't figure anything out with the exception of a little flurry in Round 2 which including a stiff punch that caught Bones flush in the face and made him step back. Other than that, it was a cat playing with a mouse. OSP was gonna get TKO'd in the 4th but the bell saved him. Bones took him down easily with a couple of body slams in the 4th but didn't follow up and press the issue in the 5th even though he could have.

OSP was out of gas in the 3rd, add in all the chip shots Jones was landing and it was decided very early on.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. That'll be the day. Dana doesn't pay the fighters fairly as is. No way is he gonna pay people just to stay in shape for an offhand chance he might need them
Oh I know Dana wont ever do that but he should. Every time a fighter gets hurt training, Dana acts like he didn't ever think it could happen. I don't get it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son is about to turn pro. I can tell you, going to a live MMA event when you are even remotely invested in a fighter is shit in your pants exciting. Once you start to learn the nuances of the "footsie" they are playing, it's actually incredibly technical and easier to appreciate the skill level of the athletes involved:suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great points!!! However, most fighters stay pretty much in shape year round these days because they know guys drop out in the UFC all the time.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son is about to turn pro. I can tell you, going to a live MMA event when you are even remotely invested in a fighter is shit in your pants exciting. Once you start to learn the nuances of the "footsie" they are playing, it's actually incredibly technical and easier to appreciate the skill level of the athletes involved:suds:

Yeah, just joking a little bit. Of course those leg kicks played a big role in the fight later on, but for someone who's not a huge fan of MMA and doesn't see it very often it does come across as a little funny.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just joking a little bit. Of course those leg kicks played a big role in the fight later on, but for someone who's not a huge fan of MMA and doesn't see it very often it does come across as a little funny.

I could see that, but those leg kicks can hurt like a BITCH, not just later, at the time you're hit it can numb your damn leg....:suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about leg kicks is that in a pro match, you have to be careful about throwing it all out because if your opponent checks, you could get your shin broken(ala Silva), I fractured mine once, but fortunately I didn't snap it. When we are getting a fighter ready, we always condition his legs by absorbing kicks leading up to a fight .I can tell you this, when someone new comes in and spars full contact for the first time, it's not unusual for the fight to end the first time they are kicked in the leg.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSP was able to check most of the leg kicks Jones threw tonight. Cant believe both fighters werent more aggressive in the 5th.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about leg kicks is that in a pro match, you have to be careful about throwing it all out because if your opponent checks, you could get your shin broken(ala Silva), I fractured mine once, but fortunately I didn't snap it. When we are getting a fighter ready, we always condition his legs by absorbing kicks leading up to a fight .I can tell you this, when someone new comes in and spars full contact for the first time, it's not unusual for the fight to end the first time they are kicked in the leg.
I will never forget Silva snapping his leg on Weidman's check. One of those moments you cant help but recall every detail when you wish you couldn't.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never forget Silva snapping his leg on Weidman's check. One of those moments you cant help but recall every detail when you wish you couldn't.
Yeah, that was one of the grossest things I've ever seen